Input for Tuning new '19 Scat - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Tuning/Data Use this section for tuning and tune/data related devices (ie. handhelds, data recorders, gauges)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:41 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
If you are replacing your ECU like you have to for a tune, then just put the stock one back in when you head in for service....LOL. Am I missing something? This isnt that hard.
Yes you're obviously missing something. Removing the PCM for a different one sets a code in the BCM (P1400). That code is put in place to keep people from trying to get over on mother Dodge. The code cannot be erased.

This information has been posted dozens of times already.

2017 Challenger T/A 392 Redline Tri-Coat
Leather Interior Group
Driver Convenience Group
Sound Group II
TorqueFlite Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission
Power Sunroof
Black Hood Pins
Uconnect 8.4 Navigation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:17 AM

1: a custom tune w/ appropriate logging will always be better than a canned tune.

2: a dyno tune by reputable hemi tuner (Aj , ost , hhp ) will be the very best choice.

3: it all depends on your relationship with your dealer. I’ve had my transmission replaced in my ram with full bolt ons and a 3200 stall speed. But that depends on the dealer and it’s a gamble at that. Tune at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Blue Scat View Post
Yes you're obviously missing something. Removing the PCM for a different one sets a code in the BCM (P1400). That code is put in place to keep people from trying to get over on mother Dodge. The code cannot be erased.

This information has been posted dozens of times already.
According to Mike at Diablo......the 6.4's are the ONLY ones that do NOT throw the code! Read through this forum...

https://forum.diablosport.com/viewto...p?f=37&t=64903

I will check mine with my Trinity and see if it's true and post back....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:54 AM

Thanked 3,756 Times in 2,825 Posts
I don't know first hand either way but there was a post few months back on other board, guy with a Scat had the cam gear break off and wipe the engine, first the dealer said no prob you're getting a new engine, then FCA ordered a computer scan sent to them and it showed an odometer disagree, said the car only had 49 miles on it, they saw that and said no engine and owner got stuck with the repair. Don't know if it showed the P1400, he just mentioned the odometer issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidman View Post
According to Mike at Diablo......the 6.4's are the ONLY ones that do NOT throw the code! Read through this forum...

Diablo has been making these false claims for years now. Years ago they "claimed" their tunes were untraceable in the Mustang community and were proved to be wrong.

Last edited by Jazz Blue Scat; 05-17-2019 at 01:02 PM.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:06 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidman View Post

Funny, I have used DS and HP tuners and I have never seen this code (even scanning with my Launch OBD scanner) on my 2015 5.7.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallyTatum View Post
Funny, I have used DS and HP tuners and I have never seen this code (even scanning with my Launch OBD scanner) on my 2015 5.7.

Same here , I’ve never seen the p1400 on my intune i2 , trinity t1000, trinity t2 , or my Hp tuners. I’m sure it’s there if the dealer were to read it , but something tells me these tools don’t read the BCM.

post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
I don't know first hand either way but there was a post few months back on other board, guy with a Scat had the cam gear break off and wipe the engine, first the dealer said no prob you're getting a new engine, then FCA ordered a computer scan sent to them and it showed an odometer disagree, said the car only had 49 miles on it, they saw that and said no engine and owner got stuck with the repair. Don't know if it showed the P1400, he just mentioned the odometer issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Great reason to find a nice forged short block

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:20 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan978 View Post
Same here , I’ve never seen the p1400 on my intune i2 , trinity t1000, trinity t2 , or my Hp tuners. I’m sure it’s there if the dealer were to read it , but something tells me these tools don’t read the BCM.

Guess you might be right. I thought it would show up on the PCM as well since the code starts with a Pxxx (although the FSM says it is a non MIL fault) and not a Bxxx based on OBD2 standard. Honestly if people care that much about their warranty then they should not mess with the PCM calibration...besides it's dishonest to expect a dealership to foot the bill if say the tune was set too aggressive and caused damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DTC.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	945847  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to vortecd Send a message via MSN to vortecd Send a message via Yahoo to vortecd
Do the easy stuff. Don't be that guy that says "I went 12.4 on stock tires" get drag radials! Ported intake and throttle body and the Hellcat airbox with the cold air duct. You could also do cat deletes and skinny fronts for the track. In good air you should be mid 11's without a tune. You can also drop the seats if you are looking for that killerr time slip!

"Without DATA, you're just another person with an OPINION"

'17 Daytona 392
'18 Challenger R/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Tuning/Data

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in