Sean Powell (HemiFever) VS Jay Greene (Greene Racing) - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Tuning/Data Use this section for tuning and tune/data related devices (ie. handhelds, data recorders, gauges)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Sean Powell (HemiFever) VS Jay Greene (Greene Racing)

Hey guys I have a few questions about these guys and would like your opinions. I have seen a lot of people basically of all Chrysler, Jeep, And Dodge people go to Sean From HemiFever for there tuning. I have seen LOTS of great reviews from people but at the same time I see a lot of bad reviews about him as well. Now I have talked to Sean on the phone about my challenger and he seem pretty nice and understanding and straight forward but I have heard he has some problems getting some tunes right from certain people. Also heard that he is very blunt and rushes people and tunes. But, We all know that a dyno is gonna be the best way to figure out how to squeeze out as much horsepower from the ecm as possible and it seems Sean uses data logging with you driving and your mods to figure the best tune for you. Makes sense right? So then we have Jay Greene. I have heard great reviews about him but they are few and far in between. The only negative I have kinda found is that people don't really 'feel' a power increase with his tuning. I haven't talked to Jay cause I don't have his phone number and I can't find it and can't view his facebook because I don't have facebook. Does anyone have his phone number so I can talk to him? So in the end which would you guys select? If you have had tuning from both guys please tell me your experience. I want to hear if you have had a good or bad experience with either one of them.

Thanks guys.

PLEASE MOVE TO TUNING SECTION.

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6sp. PCP

Mods: CDV Delete, Muffler Delete, Resonator Delete, Tuned By Jay Greene.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 12:21 PM

I have had good experience with Sean, and having come from the performance parts industry myself (just not mopar) usually dyno tuning is more for peak power number as most dyno runs are just WOT pulls, vs road tuning and data logging that tend to get lots of driving styles/ranges. I know when I datalog for tunes I do a combo of situations including WOT, both high and low speed and a bunch in between. Even when I have done dyno tuning, most dyno and dyno shops are not setup for part throttle, or non WOT high load conditions.

"If Brute force is not working for you, you are not using nearly enough"
Mark Bench
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Very true. But when I do need the power you know, when either I just want to go nuts on a back road or if some a-hole a stop light needs to be put in his place I want to know that every ounce of power is being pushed out of that ecm with 93 octane. With the nice add-on (and I did not know this) the complete removal or torque management on my 6 speed. I thought only automatics had that. But after further research I found out they have some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:11 PM

I'd like to throw my .02 in for Jay Greene..... I can honestly say he is great to work with. Before we begin, my only complaint is, the only way I could contact him was via facebook..... To me this was a PITA. Other than that, everything went very smoothly. I established contact with Jay about a month prior to me actually needing his services..... I did a Comp 270 cam install in my VVT 5.7, and thought I would be able to tune it using my Diablo Intune 1K. Well as most of you know this was incorrect..... So last minute on a Friday morning, I Facebook messaged Jay (from wifes account), and he called me within an hr..... He got all of my mod information, and wrote me a tune while we bs'd about the modern hemi..... I can't speak for Hemi Tuner, but what I can say about Jay is this, he wrote me 3 tunes for a very fair price. His price was so fair, that I gave him extra for the inconvenience and short time I gave him to get my car running. With Jay, I got a NA tune for street driving, a NA tune for track use, and a 100 shot tune as well. He only needed to do one revision and didn't charge me for that. I'm very satisfied with Jay's customer service and expediency. He is a hell of a guy to work with...... I have HPT now, which I was able to load his custom tunes into the software as a baseline, and work from them. If I ever end up needing another tune, I'll use Jay Green every time...... Again I can only speak for my experience. Just as a matter of reference I choose Jay over the others because he got back to me quickly and worked with me under a stressful time, and other members who have gone fast with 5.7's recommended him. On motor my car went from doing 104 in the 1/4 to 110 easily.

2013 Challenger R/T M6 (New PB 11.79 @ 119, 125 shot N2O @ VMP, 12.77 @109 NA)
2013 Durango R/T
2002 Dakota Sport QC
1991 Dakota Sport
1963 Dart 170
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DakBuilder For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (05-23-2019), PSM450 (05-22-2019)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the feedback! That was awesome to hear! I have made my decision.

Last edited by Nuclear Stride; 02-27-2018 at 03:39 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:51 PM

l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Stride View Post
Thanks for the feedback! That was awesome to hear! I have made my decision.
So did you due the tune yet? Results?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
I'll also recommend Jay Greene, I have one of his cams and tune. The car runs great and makes good power for a 5.7. He's also very easy to work with. What impressed me the most is all the tune revisions he made to dial it in just right. He said he's a perfectionist and works hard to make his customer happy.

// 2013 R/T Classic, Plum Crazy, 6M, STP, HK Audio, 430n, Classic ll Wheels, Interior Appearance Group. Solo Mach X, JLT CAI, Petty's SRT Front Strut Brace & Rear Brace, Greene Racing Cam, Barton Shifter, Diode Dynamics & Billet Tech Goodies, Mopar Stage One Lowering Springs, JBA Shorties and more to come...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I have to put a good word in for Sean @hemifever . He was also easy to work with and my car runs very well as far as I can tell. It's the only one I have. I know it drives me crazy to have to run the stock tune when taking it to the dealer. Sean was very responsive. He seems to be a guy of few words which could come across as blunt, but I would recommend him any time. I'm very happy with his work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 R/T Classic 6M; STP; Barton Shifter; CDV delete; Skip Shift Eliminator; Blastin' Bobs' axle back Magnaflow resonators; DiabloSport i2 tuner w/Hemifever custom tune; Mopar hood pins; Petty's Garage front strut brace; Tungsten Metallic Clear Coat.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:51 PM

Thanked 4,332 Times in 2,703 Posts
Garage
I have nothing but good to say about Sean. Great to work with, and a very satisfying end result with his tune.

I have no problem with blunt, as I'm blunt myself in many ways. That said, he didn't come across as blunt to me, just factual.

As far as Jay is concerned, I've never dealt with him, and probably won't in the future, if he's only on facebook.

I've had family members that I love beg me to join facebook. Not a facebook fan for numerous reasons, and certainly won't join just for a business transaction.

Just me

The Past: 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T "Classic" RIP Old Buddy 6/4/15

The Present: 2016 R/T Scat Pack. Factory Options: B5 Blue, 24G Package(A8), WRT Wheels, and Modern R/T Hood Stripe. Engine HP Mods: None Needed. HC Air Box/Tube; DIPs Screen; BT Catch Can; Mopar front Brace;"TA" style side stripes; Mopar '10 Center Caps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 19johned53 For This Useful Post:
Bad daytona (05-23-2019), hemi1031 (05-22-2019)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:47 PM

Anyone ever have decent results on a 6 speed?
The Following User Says Thank You to trippytro For This Useful Post:
hemi1031 (05-22-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Tuning/Data

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode