Stock power figures. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Tuning/Data Use this section for tuning and tune/data related devices (ie. handhelds, data recorders, gauges)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Stock power figures.

Hi guys , not sure if this is the right place to post this , but here goes.

My son and i run a tuning and fab shop in England , we work with importers of US vehicles and have been getting more involved with tuning and performance upgrades .

We are currently doing a 2011 Challenger Hemi , its got Stainless works long tube headers , full Borla system with sports cats .

I have the latest HP Tuners set up are slowly working my way through it tuning wise .

Ok the question [s] , we dynod the car as it was presented to us with a very bad cat back system , the results were ok approx 345 lb ft and 330 hp flywheel , i know the official figures are 370 and 400 .Ours is a genuine 49000 1 owner car and runs sweet.
The headers and cat back have given approx 20/25 hp and tq increase , a little bit of work with HP Tuners and we are knocking on the door of 400 tq and 380 hp.

The car is auto and we are are using UK 95 gas , .

So are the factory figures accurate etc , what are you guys getting on your cars.

Our dyno is a MAHA quad roller with sport devices SP5 DAQ , it gives really good results on every car we have done in the 3 months we have had it.

Thanks in advance

Cheers keith
The Following User Says Thank You to woodsie For This Useful Post:
olscool (04-16-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:20 AM

What is your rwhp if the fly wheel was 330hp? How did you derive your flywheel HP?

2012 SRT automatic, PB 12.0490 with MT drag radials and trinity 93 octane tune.
PB [email protected], Magnuson supercharger 5.5psi, forged piston/rods, Hellcat injectors, 10/1 compression, tuned for 90 octane.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:15 PM

That doesn't sound right. Most of the time these cars push more hp than Chrysler states. My 2014 RT Plus M6 dynod higher than the factory stated 375 hp. It came in at 441 hp at the crank @ 5373 rpms and 365 lbs of torque.- the shop told me they all do. All it had in it was a CAI and flowmaster exhaust and the upgraded gears that were 3.92. Now their are differ dyno machines - they used a Dynomite Chassis Dynameter system.

2015 Scatpack 392 M6
Black/black
Stainless Works LT Headers
High flow cats
Resonator delete
274 Comp Cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
HHP Tune
Mopar CAI
Mopar front/rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix SS eliminator
Black lug nuts with Hellcat center caps
Mopar Performance Lowering Springs
Hellcat ram air intake
Hellcat red start button
275 Nittos
Heated/Ventilated seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matthews View Post
What is your rwhp if the fly wheel was 330hp? How did you derive your flywheel HP?
Hi John , RWHP came up at 348 ft /lb @ 4517 rpm and 333hp @5225rpm , our Dyno is a Maha LPS13 2wd running Sport devices SP5 DAQ , all tests were done on a braked ramp run with acceleration 500rpm/sec starting at 2000 rpm to 6000rpm.
The DAQ does all the conversion from WHP to Crankshaft , it has been extremely accurate on all other cars we have tested , we use OBD to get engine rpm.
We are running tests locked in 4th gear on the stick with esp disabled, UK 95 RON petrol.

Cheers Keith
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevetown View Post
That doesn't sound right. Most of the time these cars push more hp than Chrysler states. My 2014 RT Plus M6 dynod higher than the factory stated 375 hp. It came in at 441 hp at the crank @ 5373 rpms and 365 lbs of torque.- the shop told me they all do. All it had in it was a CAI and flowmaster exhaust and the upgraded gears that were 3.92. Now their are differ dyno machines - they used a Dynomite Chassis Dynameter system.

Hi buddy , thanks for the reply , i must say the car drives much better than the figures would suggest , one thing i am interested in is what method other dyno operators are using , i have always used a braked ramp run , using the eddy current to control acceleration , also we are taking a direct rpm reading from either the OBD port or an inductive pick from a coil wire etc , it may be that other dynos use a fixed ratio derived from roller rpm to calculate the engine rpm .
The car is going for wrapping next week as its being used as a course car at the American speed fest at Brands Hatch in June , as soon as its back i will try again with a fixed ratio run , this i know will produce higher figures..

Thanks for your help

Cheers Keith
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:54 PM

I think there is a typo. The first post noted 330hp at the fly wheel. Your follow up to my question notes 333hp at the rear wheels. The 333hp at the rear wheels is very believable IMO. The 330hp at the fly wheel must be incorrect.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:07 PM

Garage
My 2nd hand info is the 5.7l engine would do better with 98 instead of 95. Word is with 87 AKI (which is "acceptable", 89 "recommended") which maps closely to "95", the timing gets pulled so much the engine loses around 30hp...

Err on the side of caution and run 98 and see how the engine does. Evo tested gasoline (petrol) a while back (several years back) and Shell V-Power came up a "winner". Be sure to buy from a busy station to get the freshest gasoline.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:38 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Here are some examples of baseline dyno runs.

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...rrated-545921/
https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...er-r-t-223378/
https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...98/index2.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 04-17-2019 at 08:19 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsie View Post
Hi buddy , thanks for the reply , i must say the car drives much better than the figures would suggest , one thing i am interested in is what method other dyno operators are using , i have always used a braked ramp run , using the eddy current to control acceleration , also we are taking a direct rpm reading from either the OBD port or an inductive pick from a coil wire etc , it may be that other dynos use a fixed ratio derived from roller rpm to calculate the engine rpm .
The car is going for wrapping next week as its being used as a course car at the American speed fest at Brands Hatch in June , as soon as its back i will try again with a fixed ratio run , this i know will produce higher figures..

Thanks for your help

Cheers Keith
Good luck!! Post some pics of it when its done.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:22 AM

Links are broken, ChallyTatum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Tuning/Data

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode