TaZer is MORE AWESOME with version 2.4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Tuning/Data Use this section for tuning and tune/data related devices (ie. handhelds, data recorders, gauges)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
TaZer is MORE AWESOME with version 2.4

The latest TaZer firmware dropped a few minutes ago and I feel we should start a new thread due to some of the changes incorporated with it's new One Touch Return to Stock (Marry Feature)

Secret TaZer Discount code "workplaydrive"

Instructional Videos
I was able to get an advanced copy from zAutomotive for testing and the creation of my instructional videos. The Upgrade process is a little different this time around.

• Upgrade to Version 2.3.2 to fix all bugs that prevent you from returning to stock
  • Return all settings to stock
  • Upgrade to Version 2.4
  • Marry to Vehicle (downloads your stock settings to the TaZer)
  • Enjoy the features

New Features in 2.4
  • One touch return to stock - Download Factory settings to your tazer, for one-touch return to stock configurations
  • Auto-Drive Mode (16+ SCAT/SRT/HELLCAT): Vehicle will be able to start in whichever Drive mode selection you would like (Sport/Custom/Track/Default)
  • Auto- Drive mode (15+ SXT/RT): Vehicle will be able to start in Sport Mode
  • Auto-Drive Mode (12+ Durango/Jeep GC): vehicle will be able to start in sport mode/auto turn traction control off
  • Auto Start/Stop Disable (15+ Durango/ Jeep GC) : Automatically disable Auto Start/Stop when the car is started if desired
  • Modify Tire Size: Corrects speedometer for non-factory tire size
  • Modify Tire Pressure: Corrects TPMS for lower or higher tire pressure (FRONT/Rear)
  • IN-Motion (2017) - Enter address into your GPS unit while the car is in motion
  • Easy Exit Seating (2015+ Challenger/Charger): upon vehicle shut off. Steering wheel and seat will go to further position for easy vehicle exit
  • Updated Button Mapping: COOL DOWN MODE Now added to button mapping feature / Drive Modes to work even with eco mode on*
  • Line lock update (16+ Scat/SRT/HELLCAT): Vehicle Will automatically go into custom drive mode once line lock is released
  • Auto-reboot – no need to wait for vehicle shut-down and manually reboot radio before settings take place. This is now all automatic (most cars)
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements

2015 Challenger Scat Pack
Instagram @workplaydrive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WorkPlayDrive For This Useful Post:
ChallyTatum (10-26-2017), DrkSword (11-03-2017), OffDutyPete (10-28-2017), praiseV8 (10-25-2017), PrestonRT (10-27-2017), Rob446 (10-27-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 09:09 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
EDIT: Can you confirm what the stock settings are supposed to be for 2.3.2?

MAH DUDE

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6

Last edited by praiseV8; 10-25-2017 at 09:31 PM.
post #3 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
EDIT: Can you confirm what the stock settings are supposed to be for 2.3.2?

MAH DUDE
It's different for each trim level and in my case different completely because I have one of the first scat packs without the bee splash screen. if you have trouble remembering your settings their support should be able to assist. They take these requests all the time which is why they made the one Press return to stock feature
The Following User Says Thank You to WorkPlayDrive For This Useful Post:
OffDutyPete (10-28-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,569 Times in 2,707 Posts
Garage
I take it steering wheel and seat returns to last setting on start? Only one setting allowed?

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #5 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 AM

Thanks for the info, fan of your youtube videos!

2017 Pitch Black Challenger R/T Scat Pack A8
The Following User Says Thank You to SRT8outtaLA For This Useful Post:
WorkPlayDrive (10-26-2017)
post #6 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 06:20 AM

Ooh so interesting, I was watching your video's yesterday. I was thinking to myself, "If only you could automatically have the car start up in Track mode to keep the Exhaust wide open all the time, instead of pushing a button. I'd rather push a button to get it into normal or Eco, then to do the reverse.
post #7 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 11:36 AM

Thanked 1,103 Times in 615 Posts
Garage
Sigh...seems 2015 6M Scats are left out, again...

"Renny", a 2015 Scat Pack 392, 6M Pitch Black - Driver's Conv Opt; Tech Opt; Leather; SGII
Billet Technology engine bay pieces - Sponsor
Custom designed, George Barris inspired side pipes Hiflow Custom Exhaust - Sponsor
Katzkin Leather interior - Sponsor
NoWeeds Exhaust Diverters - Sponsor
Barton Flat Stick Short Shifter
Mopar Stage 1 Springs

post #8 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 12:23 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkPlayDrive View Post
It's different for each trim level and in my case different completely because I have one of the first scat packs without the bee splash screen. if you have trouble remembering your settings their support should be able to assist. They take these requests all the time which is why they made the one Press return to stock feature
Reason I asked is because on 2.3.1, the default changed.

Drv Mode used to be OFF by default, but if I did that after 2.3.1, it would prevent me from using my paddle shifters and sport mode would lack the traction setting.

I guess I'll find out.
post #9 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 01:18 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Autosport mode and Trac Kill!

So what happens if you do not set factory defaults when you make the switch to 2.4 FW?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	855121  

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 10-26-2017 at 01:32 PM.
post #10 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallyTatum View Post
Autosport mode and Trac Kill!

So what happens if you do not set factory defaults when you make the switch to 2.4 FW?

When you marry to a car it allows access to all the menus and unlockable features. Because the TaZer will marry to your car and take a snap shot of the current state it will assume that is your stock setting. When you unmarry it will return the car to that state. You will not be able to return your car to stock manually because when you unmarry it will just return your car to the state you married it to.

hope that makes sense...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Tuning/Data

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in