Adding Stripes: Side + Hood Too Much? Best Brands? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Smile Adding Stripes: Side + Hood Too Much? Best Brands?

I just bought my midlife crisis car- a 2016 Challenger. Have been dreaming about it for years. I bought an SXT-Plus since it will be for very occasional driving and I could not justify the upcharge to a Hemi. Color is silver. I want to have a black center racing stripe added. But I feel like it needs a "little something" else on the sides. I like the MOPAR stripe with the word Challenger near the read QP. Is that too much? In Googling pictures, I am not seeing examples with center racing stripe plus something else. Do not want it to be tacky or ghetto when done. Would love to see pictures of a side embellishment used in combination with center stripe. Also, what are favorite, longest-lasting brands/manufacturers of stripe decals?
Thank you,
Jenny GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyGB View Post
I just bought my midlife crisis car- a 2016 Challenger. Have been dreaming about it for years. I bought an SXT-Plus since it will be for very occasional driving and I could not justify the upcharge to a Hemi. Color is silver. I want to have a black center racing stripe added. But I feel like it needs a "little something" else on the sides. I like the MOPAR stripe with the word Challenger near the read QP. Is that too much? In Googling pictures, I am not seeing examples with center racing stripe plus something else. Do not want it to be tacky or ghetto when done. Would love to see pictures of a side embellishment used in combination with center stripe. Also, what are favorite, longest-lasting brands/manufacturers of stripe decals?
Thank you,
Jenny GB
Congrats, and welcome!

95% of the population already believes the car is tacky by itself, you'll have to learn to disregard what they think or you'll never be happy. Easy way to not overdo it is just to copy someone else. To that end, a quick google search of "challenger stripes" will yield a ton of results.

You can also check out ridergraphix.com, reflectiveconcepts.com, or vinylimagination.com. They sell some pre-cut stuff you could install yourself or go to a shop and have it installed for you.

Good luck stopping at stripes, lol.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praiseV8 For This Useful Post:
Beachlovers2 (06-03-2019), PaVaSteeler (06-07-2019)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:40 AM

Thanked 4,337 Times in 2,708 Posts
Garage
Congrats on your new ride.

I have the factory "Modern R/T" hood stripe and aftermarket "TA" style side stripes on mine.

Check out my "garage" section for picks.

Best of luck choosing what you like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Past: 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T "Classic" RIP Old Buddy 6/4/15

The Present: 2016 R/T Scat Pack. Factory Options: B5 Blue, 24G Package(A8), WRT Wheels, and Modern R/T Hood Stripe. Engine HP Mods: None Needed. HC Air Box/Tube; DIPs Screen; BT Catch Can; Mopar front Brace;"TA" style side stripes; Mopar '10 Center Caps
The Following User Says Thank You to 19johned53 For This Useful Post:
JennyGB (06-03-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 09:45 AM

Garage
As others have said, do what makes you happy.

In my opinion, you pick middle stripes or side stripes though, never both. At least I wouldn’t. Makes the car look “busy”.
I do however like cars with black hoods and then side stripes. But to each their own.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7657.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	946725

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Challenger R/T Automatic
HP Tuners tuned, 270 Comp cam, BES ported heads, 3.91 rear, Driveshaft Shop one piece aluminum driveshaft, OCPerformance dual plane intake manifold, 88mm Fastman ported throttle body, custom side dump straight pipes, JBA longtubes and a healthy shot of giggle gas via Nitrous Express
The Following User Says Thank You to Newoldchallenger For This Useful Post:
JennyGB (06-03-2019)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Congratulations!!! A little really does go a long way. Side stripes look great and are move readily visible. Too much tattooing and it will draw the eyes away from what could be impactful. Don't make her too busy, go with either side stripes, hood on back stripes or back quarter black decal over the trunk and into the rear QPs, where you could add the 'Challenger' name if desired. Above all, be happy with your choice and don't worry about what others would think. Peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChallengerBoston For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (06-07-2019)
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post

95% of the population already believes the car is tacky by itself, you'll have to learn to disregard what they think or you'll never be happy.
Seriously? The Challenger is considered a "tacky" car by 95% of people? I haven't found that to be the case at all during my brief ownership, which is why I'm curious as to what you mean here. Just about everyone I run into loves the way the car looks. I could understand "impractical" due to it only have two doors, but "tacky"? No way!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Seriously? The Challenger is considered a "tacky" car by 95% of people? I haven't found that to be the case at all during my brief ownership, which is why I'm curious as to what you mean here. Just about everyone I run into loves the way the car looks. I could understand "impractical" due to it only have two doors, but "tacky"? No way!
Yes, they like how it looks in the same way people like celebrities.

Sure they'd sleep with them once, but probably wouldn't marry them because they wouldn't want the attention, or they think marrying a celebrity is weird, or they're afraid to look like gold diggers, or whatever excuse they can possibly come up with.

In this case, most people think you're going through mid-life crisis if you buy a sports car before you're retired, specially a muscle car. They just assume you get 3 MPG and you do 20mph+ over the speed limit everywhere you go.

We don't see it because we're car guys and we know it to not be true. Well, maybe not that second part about the speed limit...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
In this case, most people think you're going through mid-life crisis if you buy a sports car before you're retired, specially a muscle car. They just assume you get 3 MPG and you do 20mph+ over the speed limit everywhere you go.
HaHa! I am not worried what people think! I am a 40-something woman with 2 teens who bought this as a break from my mommy vehicle! Husband is unhappy because I am now going to add on to the driveway for my new toy. Kids think I have lost my mind. Neighbors haven't figured out yet that it is here to stay. I expect to stump people's ordinary stereotypes with my new ride!
The Following User Says Thank You to JennyGB For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (06-07-2019)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
HaHa! I am not worried what people think! I am a 40-something woman with 2 teens who bought this as a break from my mommy vehicle! Husband is unhappy because I am now going to add on to the driveway for my new toy. Kids think I have lost my mind. Neighbors haven't figured out yet that it is here to stay. I expect to stump people's ordinary stereotypes with my new ride!
Exactly, lol.

Everyone thinks you're off your rocker at first, it'll wear off.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Thank you,
Jenny GB
Jenny, take a look at the Challenger graphics on our website here... https://www.ridergraphix.com/2015-20...hics-c32944562

We design and manufacture all of our own kits. We do not resell kits bought from another supplier like some others do.

We have many different designs that can be used in conjunction with each other. If you have any questions, please email my at [email protected] We have been a Supporting Vendor of these Forums since 2008 when the Challenger first came back out. You cam also use the Coupon Code CTFORUM10 for $10 off your order.

Please let me know if I can help. Would love to have pics of your car for our website.

For the Best Fitting, Highest Quality, Custom Stripes for your Challenger!!!
We Make & Install what we sell so we know it fits right!!!
Adding New Designs Soon!!...Check our Site by clicking Logo above!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode