Demon/2019 Hellcat and Red Eye Splitter Protector - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Drag City,

Dropping the under body panels and removing those screws that would allow getting to the topside nuts - then removing all the rubber plugs wouldn't be necessary (although would allow more light in there). I think this protector will be worth having. As I mentioned just having the metal knobs installed would also be a viable option.

DGatzby,

Did you think to paint the fasteners before or after installation? Your splitter protector looks perfect. I might dab some black paint on my fasteners after seeing your work.

Best,

Finface
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finface View Post
Drag City,

Dropping the under body panels and removing those screws that would allow getting to the topside nuts - then removing all the rubber plugs wouldn't be necessary (although would allow more light in there). I think this protector will be worth having. As I mentioned just having the metal knobs installed would also be a viable option.

DGatzby,

Did you think to paint the fasteners before or after installation? Your splitter protector looks perfect. I might dab some black paint on my fasteners after seeing your work.

Best,

Finface
Ha, yes I did think of it. But, I just taped around them carefully and got out some real nice Rustoleom flat back and sprayed them. I did not want to wait to let it dry and try to screw them in through the fresh paint. It really is a stout product. I had one on my previous 2015 HC, maybe scraped one or two of the bottom protectors once or twice in about 20,000 miles. They are very resistant to problems if you scrape it. What is wild is how almost paper thin that splitter is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2019 Challenger Redeye
2015 Challenger Hellcat Sold
2006 300C SRT-8 - Sold

Hellcat Club - President; Midwest Region
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:09 PM

Garage
I saved the one that came on my widebody and I'm thinking of just painting it black and putting it back on. I also have some glossy black vinyl wrap I might use but the spoiler is a mat finish so I will probably paint it mat black. I did notice the factory one has raised letters on both sides saying " to be removed by dealer", that will have to be sanded off first. It does trap some dirt so I might also drill some holes to let it drain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finface View Post
Drag City,

DGatzby,

Did you think to paint the fasteners before or after installation? Your splitter protector looks perfect. I might dab some black paint on my fasteners after seeing your work. Best, Finface

Really like the metal cones as well Finface, I really feel protected after the install. Researched the the product and viewed the install clip prior to ordering the kit and was somewhat disappointed when the bolts in the hardware package were not as in the clip. Contacted ZL1 and was told that the black bolts were used on the prototype but placed the cad bolts in the kit. Since I had the front pan off to drain the oil cooler, decided to do the install, but will be ordering some black anodized hex bolts to replace them in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostreetamx View Post
I saved the one that came on my widebody and I'm thinking of just painting it black and putting it back on. I also have some glossy black vinyl wrap I might use but the spoiler is a mat finish so I will probably paint it mat black. I did notice the factory one has raised letters on both sides saying " to be removed by dealer", that will have to be sanded off first. It does trap some dirt so I might also drill some holes to let it drain.

Had the same plan but as I stated earlier, mine had been removed and came without the front yellow protector. Found your post quite informing regarding the wording on that protector. I kept hitting the dealer up on getting the one that came with the car and got nothing but the usual runaround. Finally was told that the transport driver had removed them when he had unloaded the car. What a bunch of clowns....

HOT ROD ON
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:00 AM

Garage
There are normally some removed factory protectors on Ebay but mine was still on the car when I got it since I had directed them in advance not to remove it and not to drill the front bumper. I was surprised that they did what I asked when I ordered it because I had canceled the order the next business day due to issues with the interest rate, but they built the car anyway and I only knew about it after it arrived at the dealer. In the end it worked out and I took the car. I am also considering adding an aftermarket splitter with supports so I may not put the protector back on in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode