Fender Flares - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Fender Flares

So while browsing ebay to see what hoods and fenders cost for the Challenger (just out of curiousity since mine needs reparied after an accident), I noticed these fender flare kits. Now, I've seen some fender flare kits before - but looked really bad. I thought these looked pretty good (if you like that sort of thing) and were reasonbly priced.

Are these new? Well known? Anyone have them? I just haven't seen much about them on the forum (not that I went looking for them)...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-19-...P/303083711308

Personally, I'm not sure about the fender flare look on these cars - but I know a lot of people like the look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Garage
I like the idea and I already have an actual widebody. Did you notice in the description that they only fit well on the V-6 cars? It's hard to modify plastic parts without the proper stuff. Also wider flares will not fill out the wheel wells without wider tires.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That was just one example (I have the V6). They have the same kit for the other models as well. I just thought it was interesting as I haven't seen these specific kits mentioned. Looks like an inexpensive way to get that "widebody look"....

I don't think these are as "wide" as a real widebody - but a similar look.

EDIT: Hmm - after a quick look, I see this same model for the "base model", Hellcat and Demon - not sure about the models in-between...

Last edited by jtrosky; 05-07-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,701 Posts
Garage
I think in this instance "base model" means non-widebody

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I was curious about that becuase I didn't think there was any different between the fenders on an SXT and an R/T, for example? But I wasn't 100% sure either...

EDIT: Actually, this is what it says at the bottom of the description:

"For 15-19 Dodge Challenger Base Model
(Using OE bumper and lip. Fit for 3.6L version, can also use for 5.7L and 6.4L, but not that good)"

I'm thinking the front lip might be the difference since I think the front lip is smaller on the V6 models?

Last edited by jtrosky; 05-08-2019 at 03:28 AM.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 AM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
You mean the front splitter? I think the SXT and RT have the same "smaller" splitter so it should work on the RT as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, that's what I meant. Still not used to what everything is called on this car yet. :-) Thanks for correcting that!

I can't understand why they say it fits the V6 model better than others then... Can anyone else think of any reason why they would say that?

These do look much better than any other "add-on" flares I've seen for these cars - and I think the price is reasonable. Although, by the time you get them painted and everything, it's still a considerable investment I guess.

Last edited by jtrosky; 05-08-2019 at 08:22 AM.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Yeah, that's what I meant. Still not used to what everything is called on this car yet. :-) Thanks for correcting that!

I can't understand why they say it fits the V6 model better than others then... Can anyone else think of any reason why they would say that?

These do look much better than any other "add-on" flares I've seen for these cars - and I think the price is reasonable. Although, by the time you get the painted and everything, it's still a considerable investment I guess.
I think you hit the nail on the head, it is the splitter. If you had the SP or HC front splitter there will be a fitment issue at the lower, front fender.

The factory wide body flares (shown below) seem to sit out more than these ebay ones.

Is it me or is the front side marker on the ebay picture look photoshopped? I would think it would sit in the recess of the flare and not flush like shown?

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 05-08-2019 at 08:29 AM.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallyTatum View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head, it is the splitter. If you had the SP or HC front splitter there will be a fitment issue at the lower, front fender.
I can understand the fitment not being right for the higher models, but you'd think that it would fit the SXT, GT and R/T exactly the same (and maybe a few other models that have the smaller splitter, if any), but they make it sound like it's mainly for the V6 model with this statement:

"For 15-19 Dodge Challenger Base Model (Using OE bumper and lip. Fit for 3.6L version, can also use for 5.7L and 6.4L, but not that good)"

They do sell different versions for the Hellcat and Demon, but they are the only three options I've seen - "Base model (3.6L)", "Hellcat" and "Demon".

Are we thinking that it should fit an R/T just fine then?

So - who's going to bite the bullet and be the first one to try them?!?! :-) Who knows, I may eventually look into these myself - assuming they don't total my GT and I actually get it back (which I think I will). :-)
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:35 AM

I think it should fit the SXT, GT and RT. I am not a fan of fender flares...however, I do like how these don't seem to stick out as much. The price is not bad compared to other fender flare kits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode