Idea for My R/T - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Idea for My R/T

So my idea here to make it sort of like "prowler" in the sense that you cant see the grill. Can,t see much of anything on the front end. But what you can see are the halo eyes piercing through what looks like pure darkness. Any ideas on to what to do? Can I simply just alter and move the grill further back? Silly, I'm sure. Just looking for ideas.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:11 AM

If you have the black top edition the "inserts" in the grill are already black. You could remove them and debadge the front end or you could order this: https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20...4191-trex.html

or something similar
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Julian View Post
If you have the black top edition the "inserts" in the grill are already black. You could remove them and debadge the front end or you could order this: https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20...4191-trex.html

or something similar
I do like the idea of it but sadly I'm looking for more of like a hollow look. Something where only the halo eyes are really seen so they pop just that much more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,423 Times in 2,618 Posts
Garage
Realistically, when the sun is not on the front end, and at a distance, it can look like what you want. I have a Blacktop, and with the black grilles it has that look. But with the light different, and close up, you lose it to some extent

You see what I mean. A Phantom grille will give you a more constant blackout, but it is flush with the opening, and with the sun on it, the grille will be more highlighted, and you can see the headlights from the front

I tinted my headlights as I rarely go anywhere at night anymore, but they will diminish the light output. DRLs still look good though

I think billet bar grille replacements would be an improvement over the stock, but will not be a heck of a lot different. Most are overlays though

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Realistically, when the sun is not on the front end, and at a distance, it can look like what you want. I have a Blacktop, and with the black grilles it has that look. But with the light different, and close up, you lose it to some extent

You see what I mean. A Phantom grille will give you a more constant blackout, but it is flush with the opening, and with the sun on it, the grille will be more highlighted, and you can see the headlights from the front

I tinted my headlights as I rarely go anywhere at night anymore, but they will diminish the light output. DRLs still look good though

I think billet bar grille replacements would be an improvement over the stock, but will not be a heck of a lot different. Most are overlays though

A Guy
. Hey thanks for the insight. I guess I just want to be different. I want the car to pop. Which I already have a mango go orange. So it pops a bit. Just want more lol. So I'm hungry for flare but not vinyl flare or decals

Last edited by A Guy; 04-04-2019 at 11:56 PM. Reason: images
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,423 Times in 2,618 Posts
Garage
With the Mango taking the eye, I think the blacked out grille will look great. Mine being all black makes it harder to achieve that look. A Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode