mud flaps - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
mud flaps

hey all, so ive been searching for some o.e. style mudflaps for my 13 challenger.. texas roads are always under construction.. anyway i cant seem to find any and what i do find the reviews say they dont fit worth a damn. anyone running any on their 13’s and what are you running? trying to avoid spending the $100+
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:36 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 799 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Mopar splash guards fit great and work well too.

Now: '15 R/T Scat Pack A8 Pitch Black, Appearance Group, Leather, SG II [email protected] DA 6500([email protected] corrected)
-catch can, Hellcat airbox/filter, 180 tstat, Opti-Coat Pro+, ceramic tint, clear bra...and some other crap too
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former: '12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete [email protected] DA 7100(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
corrected)
Former: '06 300C SRT8
(DA -700)
post #3 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 09:11 AM

Garage
^^^^ Agree with EricG and their under $100... I've had mine for over 3 years and still look great...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:30 PM

Garage
Have to agree on the Mopar flaps, they look good and install easily and keep a lot of crap off of your car.
post #5 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:35 PM

Don’t waste your hard earned money on "universal fit" mud flaps...... Do it right the first time!
Like others have said......... MOPAR SPLASH GUARDS.

BTW! The splash guards were the FIRST thing that I put on the car after I drove the car home from the dealer..... Must have mod!
post #6 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 11:01 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
I am seriously thinking of adding them now that I upgraded to wider tires front and rear. Just notices what looks like grease splashed up against my door. Must have picked it up when I went through the trucking yard during my test drive.

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/inde...tsubgrp=guards

If you go through Steve White Parts and use Cha1 you get a discounted price.

Here is a set for pre-2015.
https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/inde...tsubgrp=guards

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 03-13-2019 at 11:05 PM.
post #7 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:34 AM

I'm in the market for some mud flaps (aka "spash guards" for @A Guy !) for my 2018 GT now that I'm going with lower offset wheels, but I'll be honest - I'd actually *rather* have some that aren't "molded". The "molded" type can be seen from the sides of the car (they "overlap" the body a little), which I really don't like. I'd rather have the "flat" type so that they aren't visible from the sides of the car. Has anyone ever seen any of the "flat" type for a Challenger? Everything I've seen are "molded"...

Thank you!
post #8 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:29 AM

Actually, I obviously didn't look hard enough... :-) Here are some "flat" mud flaps for the Challenger. Besides not being seen from the side, they also have one more benefit - only $40 for all four of them! :-)

https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1558

This is what I was looking for. They really can't been side from the side and they also seem to a little more "coverage" area compared to the molded versions...
post #9 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:38 AM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Actually, I obviously didn't look hard enough... :-) Here are some "flat" mud flaps for the Challenger. Besides not being seen from the side, they also have one more benefit - only $40 for all four of them! :-)

https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1558

This is what I was looking for. They really can't been side from the side and they also seem to a little more "coverage" area compared to the molded versions...
The factory ones appear to be molded and contoured to the fender. Granted they cost 2x more for a complete set but looks better IMO.

MOPAR

RPI designs

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 03-14-2019 at 07:48 AM.
post #10 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:41 AM

Yeah, the way they are molded is what I *don't* like. :-) I hate how you have that black plastic covering part of the paint on the body itself - they are very visible when viewing the car from the side and look "out of place" to me. I'd rather have the flat type that don't "interfere" with the look of the body paint at all. As always, to each their own though. I would just rather have the mud flaps as "invisible" as possible.

EDIT:
It's hard to find side-view picture on a Challenger with mudflaps, but here is a post that has a picture of both before and after mudflaps to show what I mean:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...712-post9.html

It's a small "thing", but I would rather the mudflaps not cover any part of the body so that they are not so "visible" from the side view of the car.

Last edited by jtrosky; 03-14-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in