PIAA 2100XT Driving XTreme driving lights - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
PIAA 2100XT Driving XTreme driving lights

PIAA | 2100XT Driving XTreme White Plus Halogen #02192

Does anyone have any experience with these or do they have some other after market driving light they prefer?

I have not seen these in person yet but, from the pictures and measurements it looks like they should bolt to the underside of the front bumper, tucked back against the lower grill.

I do a fair amount of night driving and extra light is never a bad thing.

Thank you,
Earl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 07:30 AM

Garage
i know piaa's a good brand, and for nearly $300, they may have some kind of voodoo in them that makes them different, but i've never had an aftermarket 55w light that was worth a damn.

i had a set of Hella's on my jeep that came with 55w's that were lame until i bought the 130w replacement bulbs for them. then omg. you could watch a squirrel eat a nut from a quarter mile away after dark. they were great. granted they won't fit under the bumper, but my point is look for something with the wattage. or buy a light that can handle a high wattage replacement bulb.

2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5
2016 Charger
R/T Black Top Plum Crazy

On YouTube:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 6.4 M6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 6.4 M6

2015 5.7 M6

2010 5.7 A5

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Back in the '70's I knew a guy that stuck an airplane landing light behind the grill of his Grand Prix. It dumped out a whole lot of light.
My Jeep too, has good off road lights.

When I came across these PIAA's that claim to produce the light of 110w bulbs in a street legal 55w package I was skeptical but interested given PIAA's reputation, and was hoping to find someone that had real first hand experience with them.
Maybe they do make a difference, or maybe the bulb burns out every other time you use them.
Market price seems to be closer to $175 dollars per set, fwiw.

On a side note, I really am disappointed in Dodge that they made the decision to drop the dual headlights in favor of the single headlight paired with a parking light. The dual headlights was one of the things that set the Challenger apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode