Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Stance

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  BobZap 
#1 ·
Okay, I put this in exterior modifications because I could not figure which forum to put it under and this is the "stance" I want my car to have (I want the same exhaust system too but that is self explanatory).

What wheel sizes will fit on my R/T plus (2015)? I currently run 315s on 10.5 wheels on the back and a .25" spacer. I would like to go to 345/30/20s or even wider if possible and something skinnier and shorter in the front. Is it possible without making the ABS go nuts? Is it possible to remove ABS from the car completely (Without a light on the dash coming on)? Basically I want my Challenger to sit like this:

(too bad 165/60 R20s are only spare tires).

Anyone good with photo shop want to "help a brother out"?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I still like the "jacked up" look myself. It drives me crazy when I see a car where the rear-end is lower than the front-end (which happens a lot now since people lower them and try to get the back exactly the same height as the front - but for some reason, the rear-end still looks lower). I call it "sagging" - and it's what you used to see when someone had worn out shocks/struts.

To me, the rear end should ALWAYS be higher - even if just a little.

But we each have our own opinions. :)

#4 ·
Still waiting on my demon springs and my front wheels , but I’ll be there soon. Close anyway !!
The back will probably come up about an inch from where it sits now and make a little more room for the tire. I have the matching weld wheels for the front. When I’m done they will all be brushed aluminum and clear coated.
rear tires are 29.5”, fronts will be 28.6” combined with the demon springs should have that jacked up look we are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't believe you're going to be able to replicate that stance...and you probably wouldn't like the results if you did.

I totally get why you like it, and I'd love to have the same, but the modern bodies just aren't built for it; the body shape and contours just don't lend themselves to it.

Jacking up the rear is the easy part; air bags...but to make a comparison, the car in the picture is a slim, long legged supermodel in stiletto heels; our cars are a Plus-Sized model you want to put in the same stiletto heels...picture them both side-by-side and tell me the lines of the Plus Model will be similar to the supermodel...

Another problem you'll run into is wheel and tire sidewall sizes. The rear wheel in car pictured is tiny; it's the sidewall of the tire that requires the back end to be jacked up so high yet the wheel/tire combo fills the wheel well perfectly. It is very, VERY difficult to find street tires for an 18" wheel on the back that will give you a comparable diameter to a 20" wheel/tire combo in the front. To be honest however, I have NOT checked on tires for a 17" wheel in the back; maybe the chance of finding such a combo would be greater, I don't know.

Reactions: Mopar Frank
#8 ·
It is very, VERY difficult to find street tires for an 18" wheel on the back that will give you a comparable diameter to a 20" wheel/tire combo in the front. To be honest however, I have NOT checked on tires for a 17" wheel in the back; maybe the chance of finding such a combo would be greater, I don't know.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this statement, but I have found that the Continental ExtremeContract DWS-06 tires do come in a 2XX x 60 x 18 size - which give them a very nice sidewall - and they are actually "Ultra High Performance All Season" tires - not "SUV" tires. I used them to replace the stock 235/55/19 wheels/trires on my 2018 GT (since I wanted 18" wheels, I needed a bigger sidewall to "make up" the overall size difference so that I didn't have to mess with speedometer/shift-point recalibration). I have also seen some "Ultra High Performance All Season" tires in 2XX x 65 x 18 - so even bigger sidewall. Although, the Continental ExtremeContact DWS-06 tires get excellent reviews/ratings.

Now maybe that sidewill still isn't big enough for what we're talking about here - not really sure. The sidewall on my 235/60/18 tires is ~5.5". Or maybe you are looking for "Summer" tires - not all-season tires. Just throwing out some info that I've found.

#11 ·
Valid point @jtrosky. I haven't researched all season tires, just high performance summer tires.

#16 ·
Back in the day first thing to do was Gabrial HiJackers and Mickey Thompsons on Crager SS. If that wasn't enough spring shackle. I never had very deep pockets. Geez the ones I had had holes in them. But your right impact bumpers and highway safety took care of the the slim sleek lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.