The 10 Most Anticipated Cars of SEMA - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
The 10 Most Anticipated Cars of SEMA

Quote:
The 2015 SEMA Show kicks off next week and the Las Vegas Convention Center will be packed with hundreds of the wildest modified rides.

While most high-profile projects are typically kept under wraps until the show opens its doors, some builders and automakers preview what they will showcase ahead of time. There’s a lot to be excited about this year based on what has already been announced, so AutoGuide.com has compiled a Top 10 list of the most anticipated cars of the 2015 SEMA Show.
See the complete Top 10 List and All of Our SEMA Show Coverage at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,890 Posts
Garage
Here is the text from the article and a "teaser" photo of an AWD Challenger:

"Dodge teased this Challenger concept as part of its 2015 SEMA Show lineup and what really caught our eyes is the GT AWD badge on the spoiler. Considering the current Challenger is built on a modified version of the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 platform, an all-wheel drive Challenger wouldn’t be so difficult to create. You see, both the Charger and 300 models are offered with all-wheel drive, so why wouldn’t Dodge create the first factory-built, all-wheel drive muscle car? The big question will be what’s powering the Challenger GT AWD concept."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dodge-challenger-awd-teaser.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	566297  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,890 Posts
Garage
Here are two good photos of the AWD Challenger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chall.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	567929   Click image for larger version

Name:	chall2.jpg
Views:	1003
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	567937  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
Here are two good photos of the AWD Challenger.
I like it hope they build it. That thing in an SRT-8 392 AWD would be hard to beat at the track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 06:36 AM

So good cars this year on SEMA, loved it! The AWD Challenger was dope but there were many other cars worth mentioning!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 07:10 AM

Thanked 1,040 Times in 697 Posts
With the AWD Challenger, I doubt they'd build it. It would be VERY difficult to price it in the model range where it would sell. You have the SPS at ~$40K, SRT at $50K, and HellCat at $60K. I doubt they'd be able to engineer an awd system capable of holding the torque of the HellCat engine and that's the only way they'd be able to justify $70K+ for the car. I don't know anyone who would pay more than the price of a HellCat for an AWD 392. It would be cool to see but I really doubt they'd be able to sell enough to justify the cost unless they introduced awd across the model range and even then the prices would be too close to make it worth it. A loaded R/T with the 5.7 is damn near $40K anyway, throw in AWD and you're squarely in SPS/SRT territory.

I love American muscle cars like a thrice-divorced 45-year old tax attorney loves barely legal coeds. That is to say; passionately, inappropriately and almost certainly inadequately while muttering whispered apologies to the beautiful thing I am probably ruining forever.

To those who call me crazy: the distance between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Add me on Instagram: Gomachine346
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 AM

When I looked at ti I was disappointed that it appeared to be a R/T (hood was closed) as it has R/T brakes. I figure it was the off the shelf Charger AWD spindles/hubs in all 4 corners with some molded in fender flares.

I do nto see it being that way out to offer it as an oddball option, it is still available on the Chargers in v6 and R/t, and works well in the police interceptors.

As for the power capacity, from what I understand the trans is still based on the existing auto that is in the cars as we have them/the SRT cherokee. So it is doable...maybe not out of the box hellcat, but would be a huge traction advantage over mustangs and camaros.

"If Brute force is not working for you, you are not using nearly enough"
Mark Bench
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode