12 Important Things About the 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 03:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I do not run a Scat Pack Shaker, but I figure my opinion on the following points is nonetheless valid:

The piece writer is spot-on about a number of things and dead-wrong on others.

While I agree that this car is not as 'easy' to drive as a Camry, for example, I would argue that that's a major part of the Challenger's appeal.

The clutch is not heavy. In fact, it's one of the sweetest, mildest, easiest-to-modulate clutches I've ever operated.

I enjoy the car in heavy traffic as much as I do otherwise. And I drive a manual. By choice. Because it's fun and it makes me work.

Yes, it's difficult to back this car due to the poor sight lines. I currently have convex mirrors on my outside rearview mirrors, and I do okay with them; planning on taking the leap to backup camera this winter.

The foot-pedal parking brake is completely wrong in this car. A hefty handbrake is the only thing this car lacks in terms of fundamentals. (And a standard backup camera. lol)

2012 Challenger R/T, Pitch Black

SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 09:33 PM

Garage
I read the article and felt it was unbiased (as in he wasn't set on talking-up the Challenger.) I agree, the car does have its blind spots and without blind-spot detection, it does take a few extra brain-bites while merging/changing lanes. As far as the clutch goes...I have had an ACL repair a few years ago and am currently rocking a torn (lateral) meniscus on my left knee and am still able to drive without issue. Never regretted getting the 6-speed over the auto. Sure the auto would shift faster and would be easier, but that isn't why I bought my car.

Current: 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 6-Speed
Wife's Car: 2015 Dart SXT Ralleye/Blacktop w/ 2.4L Auto

'Murica!
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
By the time you price out a SPS you come close to SRT money... for a small bump in price you get much better brakes, suspension and many other things including wider hellcat wheels.

I went into the dealer looking for a scat pack... but ended up in an srt when the numbers almost became identical.
I agree. I did the same thing. I think the SRT is a better deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 05:38 AM

I enjoyed this article very much, great stuff.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Garage
Nice article. However I drive mine in crowded commuting / stopNgo traffic with the M6. I have no problems like he describes with the car being a handful, nor do I get manual trans fatigue. Only backing up is an issue with the one Challenger I have without a backup-cam. That should be included as standard.

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 10:06 PM

What? Need a handbrake on a hill with manual transmission? Sounds like more practice is in order :-)
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Paddles are nothing like a stick car to whoever said that earlier. Sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barton Shifter
BT Catch Can
180* Jet T-Stat
Mopar Long Ram CAI
Mopar Sequentials
Rolling Thunder Resonator Delete
Diablo Predator U-7135
Custom Tune by Johan
5% Ceramic
Hop Not Stage 2 w\link
Hurst Stunner's 9x20 & 10x20
Cooper ZEON'S RS3-S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20

When the 425-hp "street" version hit the street in 1965, it was akin to taking an M230 chain gun to an arcade shooting gallery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode