2018 Dodge Challenger GT Review - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 11:14 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtheW0rld View Post
I bought a 2018 GT 12/2/18. It's been in the shop several times. The Unconnect system has been replaced - after much drama, many phone calls, threats and the involvement of two area managers. The instrument gauge and center EVIC still reboots randomly and they can't find the problem after 3 attempts and 12 days in the shop. My next stop will be the lemon lawyer.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this car.
Not had a lick of problems with this car. my GT is coming up on a year old and has not needed to return to the dealer for any reason. handles nicely... better equipped and cheaper than any other all wheel vehicle of comparable size... looking forward to setting a new 0-60 time on the car's computer this spring. Sorry you had problems but I would not throw out an entire line of cars based on one person's experience. ~dave

GT stands for "Got Traction?"

I'll race you any day... as long as it's wet and a very curvy road... =)
The Following User Says Thank You to davehrn For This Useful Post:
Envyous71 (02-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehrn View Post
Not had a lick of problems with this car. my GT is coming up on a year old and has not needed to return to the dealer for any reason. handles nicely... better equipped and cheaper than any other all wheel vehicle of comparable size... looking forward to setting a new 0-60 time on the car's computer this spring. Sorry you had problems but I would not throw out an entire line of cars based on one person's experience. ~dave
Why quote me? Your experience has no bearing on mine. I will toss out not only the entire line, but all FCA products. This was their 2nd chance after the Plymouth I owned back in the 80s.

Current Car
2018 Audi A5 Premium Plus S-line
Past Cars
2018 Challenger GT - Gone, thank God.
2011 Accord V6 EX-L Coupe
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
2000 Chevy Monte Carlo LS
1995 Cadillac Seville (and assorted other forgettable winter cars)
1973 Ford Mustang Convertible
1990 Mazda Miata
1989 Plymouth Sundance (piece of crap!)
1980 Pontiac Trans Am
1978 Ford Pinto
1971 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (first car)
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:05 AM
Banned

2017 gt awd

Bought my wife a GT AWD back in July of 2017 and she has close to 5400 miles on it without any issues. I love driving the car. The V-6 is very powerful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Why quote me? Your experience has no bearing on mine. I will toss out not only the entire line, but all FCA products. This was their 2nd chance after the Plymouth I owned back in the 80s.
He quoted you because of your ONE CAR bad experience and you advise people to not buy the car.

My Mom had a New 1980's Nissan and the tranny blew at 20 something thousand miles, why would I say not to buy a Nissan because of my experience with ONE car??

I worked with a guy who bought a New Rock Solid reliable Toyota Tacoma, his clutch went out at 6,000 miles, again I wouldn't say not to try another one. (yes he new how to drive a manual)

Back in 1999 I bought the wife a New Rock Solid Reliable HONDA Civic, the drivers side power window motor went out at just over 36,000 miles, I can't say all Civics did this and trash the whole car line, could I??

I'm on my 3rd Challenger, no major bad experiences with any of them.

My point is ALL car brands have issues with their models, to follow your train of thought means you may as not buy any car at all.

Go the Lemon Law route, I hope it works well for you.

"If the PC game is called "FINAL Fantasy" why are there 15 versions of it??"

PAST PLEASURES......
2014 Bilitt Silver Rallye Redline
2016 Jazz Blue Purple Stripe SXT PLUS

CURRENT RIDE....
2018 Torred R/T

Last edited by SoCalChallengerLover; 02-16-2018 at 11:48 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoCalChallengerLover For This Useful Post:
davehrn (02-26-2018), DCLethalRT (03-05-2018), silver scat (02-16-2018)
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 02:30 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehrn View Post
... looking forward to setting a new 0-60 time on the car's computer this spring.
What is your current 0-60 times?
What are your G readings? I got a 1.14 on braking with the temp at 32F. I got a 1.02G lateral a could weeks ago and I could of pushed it harder in the curve. I've almost had my GT for 11 months and will be at 36k miles in a few days. The only issue I am having is the dang Uconnect rebooting itself. I took it in about 1,500 miles ago and the dealer adjusted some settings but said their hands were tied from doing anything else. It has rebooted on me over 100 times but not once since I took it in.

I've been driving in a lot of snowy/icey conditions lately without any issues and have seen way too many cars & trucks slide off the road. I wish it had an adjustable suspension so I could raise it up a foot when driving thru heavy snow. I'm surprised I still have a lower air dam on my GT. Don't think it was designed to be used as a plow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 Challenger GT
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 09:12 AM

Coming my up on 20,000 miles on my GT. Not a single problem and it makes for an excellent commuter with plenty of fun mixed in.

2016 SPS
2017 GT
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Monte View Post
What is your current 0-60 times?
What are your G readings? I got a 1.14 on braking with the temp at 32F. I got a 1.02G lateral a could weeks ago and I could of pushed it harder in the curve. I've almost had my GT for 11 months and will be at 36k miles in a few days. The only issue I am having is the dang Uconnect rebooting itself. I took it in about 1,500 miles ago and the dealer adjusted some settings but said their hands were tied from doing anything else. It has rebooted on me over 100 times but not once since I took it in.

I've been driving in a lot of snowy/icey conditions lately without any issues and have seen way too many cars & trucks slide off the road. I wish it had an adjustable suspension so I could raise it up a foot when driving thru heavy snow. I'm surprised I still have a lower air dam on my GT. Don't think it was designed to be used as a plow.

Probably not.... But my sympathies. I'm in Chicago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Challenger Scat Pack, Billet Silver, A-8, Katzkin leather, Heated Vented seats W/ Heated Wheel, Convenience pkg., Harmon Kardon, WRT wheels, Nav. tinted windows, Modern R/T hood emblem, Tail band, Sunroof, UPR catch can.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Totally agree with you. One bad car, the whole company is trash regardless of the other millions of good, functioning vehicles. Very level headed thinking.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLethalRT View Post
Quote:
Totally agree with you. One bad car, the whole company is trash regardless of the other millions of good, functioning vehicles. Very level headed thinking.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/images/smilies/bash.gif[/IMG]
Two bad cars from the same company. You should work on your reading comprehension skills.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Two bad cars from the same company. You should work on your reading comprehension skills.
I should. I also didn't realize Plymouth was FCA. Interesting Plymouth was defunct 15 years before FCA was founded, but they're the exact same company, right? Learn something new everyday. I sincerely apologize for my previous comment. Clearly anyone who has owned a Ford Pinto is an aficionado whose opinion of cars is beyond questioning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode