2018 Dodge Challenger GT Review - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 06:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver scat View Post
Congratulations! Now Norheasters will have all new meaning for you. Good luck.

Thank you. Yes, I don't get nervous anymore when I see snow in the forecast. It's great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 07:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al A View Post
Good for you, man! You chose the right car. And with that color you’ll never have a problem being seen in a blizzard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know, now that you mention it.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Challenger Scat Pack, Billet Silver, A-8, Katzkin leather, Heated Vented seats W/ Heated Wheel, Convenience pkg., Harmon Kardon, WRT wheels, Nav. tinted windows, Modern R/T hood emblem, Tail band, Sunroof, UPR catch can.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 07:08 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgboys1 View Post
Thank you. Yes, I don't get nervous anymore when I see snow in the forecast. It's great!
That a boy! See what happens next. Northeasters start getting cancelled! Hahaaha
The Following User Says Thank You to silver scat For This Useful Post:
Jgboys1 (03-15-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 12:00 PM

Garage
I think I'd DRIVE it to the plant and drop off the KEYs and tell them call me when the fu_ker is done right. drop the mic!
Maybe call or write the Managers of the plant and tell them (I'm coming to ram it up someones butt. **opps thinking this only) no one can fix this manufacture defective F-ing car. So where do you drop off the car, what plant takes in defective models.
lol So frustrating I'm sure, but call the plant, but be civil and to the point, no one can fix it and where do you take it to or what plant does intakes. Use that phone and cool head and ask them "What NOW?" see what they say and keep calling them for a fix two or three times a day. Why do you think collectors do it for. Cause it gets results one day or the next. Don't get mad, make them pay for it,
Drive them nuts go on line reviews at major sellers and put in your reviews of it being a "LEMON" on the new GT OMG, Dude I wish I was in your shoes sorta.
I was thinking of getting the GT model too, but now not so sure I'd even want to drive one seeing the problem not getting resolved on yours. That's what the manufacturers don't want to hear from potential buyers like me ether! So good luck I'm sure they will fix it just start calling.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtheW0rld View Post
I bought a 2018 GT 12/2/18. It's been in the shop several times. The Unconnect system has been replaced - after much drama, many phone calls, threats and the involvement of two area managers. The instrument gauge and center EVIC still reboots randomly and they can't find the problem after 3 attempts and 12 days in the shop. My next stop will be the lemon lawyer.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this car.
I have a 2017 GT and I have no problems so far. So I think maybe you just got a bad one and hopefully they get that sorted out for you. But I wouldn't tell people to not buy the GT because of one bad egg. Again I hope it gets sorted out for ya!
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManJenkins1994 View Post
I have a 2017 GT and I have no problems so far. So I think maybe you just got a bad one and hopefully they get that sorted out for you. But I wouldn't tell people to not buy the GT because of one bad egg. Again I hope it gets sorted out for ya!
They can't/won't fix it (they say they can't duplicate the problem) and won't buy it back. Their arbitration company denied it. I haven't had time to fill out the lemon law paperwork, yet. Until that time, I will be extracting a pound of flesh by telling the world how crappy the car is. I might save someone else from making the same mistake.

Current Car
2018 Audi A5 Premium Plus S-line
Past Cars
2018 Challenger GT - Gone, thank God.
2011 Accord V6 EX-L Coupe
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
2000 Chevy Monte Carlo LS
1995 Cadillac Seville (and assorted other forgettable winter cars)
1973 Ford Mustang Convertible
1990 Mazda Miata
1989 Plymouth Sundance (piece of crap!)
1980 Pontiac Trans Am
1978 Ford Pinto
1971 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (first car)
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Just a thought here...if they aren't going to fix it, I'm assuming that it is running, take it to another dealer and trade it in for something new. Hold out for the best offer and let Dodge worry about it once they can't get it to run properly during their inspection before reselling. My dealer didn't even check the Camaro I traded in when I drove off with a new Challenger. If denied for any reason at least you can use it in Lemon Law court.

2017 Challenger T/A 392 White Knuckle - M6
2011 Camaro LT RS (Black w/Red Stripes)
2009 Challenger SRT (Hemi Orange)
2008 Charger Daytona (Hemi Orange)
1969 Camaro RS (Yellow with Black Stripes)
All cars before are too pathetic to mention...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 12:38 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
With 41K miles on my 2017 GT my bumper to bumper warranty is history however today the dealer did cover under warranty the work on my Uconnect that has been rebooting & freezing up. TSB#08-007-17 Rev H is a software update that they claim fixes the Uconnect issues. (updated 04/09) I have 1,500 miles post software update without any issues.

2017 Challenger GT

Last edited by Mr Monte; 04-09-2018 at 06:18 AM.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiMack View Post
Just a thought here...if they aren't going to fix it, I'm assuming that it is running, take it to another dealer and trade it in for something new. Hold out for the best offer and let Dodge worry about it once they can't get it to run properly during their inspection before reselling. My dealer didn't even check the Camaro I traded in when I drove off with a new Challenger. If denied for any reason at least you can use it in Lemon Law court.
I would take a multi-thousand dollar hit if I traded it in now.

It runs, yes. The center gauges (speedometer, tach, 2nd display, etc) goes out randomly.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 10:18 AM

That sucks. Sounds like a bad ground in the dash somewhere. Maybe if you take it to a real mechanic (not a dealer) lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode