2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Spied Testing for the First Time - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Spied Testing for the First Time



Quote:
The 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat is currently testing outside SRT’s headquarters.

This is the first time spy photographers have caught the facelifted Charger Hellcat, which will get a new grille, front fascia, and hood for the 2019 model year. Overall however, expect it to look fairly similar to the existing model, especially given that most of the camouflage is up front. There could also be some minor performance upgrades, but horsepower shouldn’t change since 707 is the number associated with Hellcat models.

Dodge will also likely give the facelifted Charger new driver assistance technologies in the name of enhancing safety.
Read more about the 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Spied Testing for the First Time at AutoGuide.com.
AutoGuide.com is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
K-Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Sunbury, PA
Posts: 1,531
Thanks: 34
Thanked 433 Times in 319 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ho hum. Fast ugly car. Are people really buying Hellcat sedans and SUVs? I guess if you make a pile of noise and smoke, nobody will notice what a boring car your driving. RAM's going to put a Hellcat motor in a 1500 pickup truck. I guess if you need to get a load of mulch from the home-improvement store REALLY FAST, you can justify that.

K-DAWG
K-Dawg is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
mbflatlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 51
Thanks: 54
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Ho hum. Fast ugly car. Are people really buying Hellcat sedans and SUVs? I guess if you make a pile of noise and smoke, nobody will notice what a boring car your driving. RAM's going to put a Hellcat motor in a 1500 pickup truck. I guess if you need to get a load of mulch from the home-improvement store REALLY FAST, you can justify that.
I couldn't agree more.

[SIGPIC]
mbflatlander is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
 
praiseV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,275
Thanks: 326
Thanked 808 Times in 580 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's kinda harsh, why the hate?

This is what that's hiding.


2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
praiseV8 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praiseV8 For This Useful Post:
Drewdlecam (06-13-2018), silver scat (06-23-2018)
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
K-Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Sunbury, PA
Posts: 1,531
Thanks: 34
Thanked 433 Times in 319 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've been hating on the Charger ever since they soiled the bed on the Charger legacy with this 4-door family sedan in 2006. Even for a run-of-the-mill grocery getter, the design was uninspired, and blaspheming the Charger name was just an insult on top. Then they slap a bunch of retro-inspired decals on it and stuff HEMI engines in it and try to pass it off as a "Muscle Car", when all it really is, is a 300 with some stickers, funky sheet metal and plastic, and big engines.

If they wanted a link to the past, they should have just called it a Monaco or Polara and offered it with a V-6 and a small V-8, and had a reasonable family sedan offering, not this franken-car that they have now.

You can't put 707 HP in a turd and call it a race car. It's just a really fast turd.

And when you put 707 HP on an tired looking SUV, you have a really fast AWD turd.

And I still don't know what they're going to do with 707+ HP in a RAM pick-up. Maybe get some bales of hay from the field to the barn in record time? Or beat everyone to the Kenny Chesney concert?
K-Dawg is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Member
 
MJSLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Huntley, IL
Posts: 40
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
I've been hating on the Charger ever since they soiled the bed on the Charger legacy with this 4-door family sedan in 2006. Even for a run-of-the-mill grocery getter, the design was uninspired, and blaspheming the Charger name was just an insult on top. Then they slap a bunch of retro-inspired decals on it and stuff HEMI engines in it and try to pass it off as a "Muscle Car", when all it really is, is a 300 with some stickers, funky sheet metal and plastic, and big engines.

If they wanted a link to the past, they should have just called it a Monaco or Polara and offered it with a V-6 and a small V-8, and had a reasonable family sedan offering, not this franken-car that they have now.

You can't put 707 HP in a turd and call it a race car. It's just a really fast turd.

And when you put 707 HP on an tired looking SUV, you have a really fast AWD turd.

And I still don't know what they're going to do with 707+ HP in a RAM pick-up. Maybe get some bales of hay from the field to the barn in record time? Or beat everyone to the Kenny Chesney concert?


If the sell who cares? I get it they are not for you but whats the point of all the bitterness.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael
MJSLou
Huntley, IL
2014 Challenger SRT8
Radar Red Interior
Brilliant white with Red Stripes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MJSLou is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MJSLou For This Useful Post:
nvoges (06-14-2018)
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
RRHemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seven Valleys, PA
Posts: 860
Thanks: 20
Thanked 86 Times in 55 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSLou View Post
If the sell who cares? I get it they are not for you but whats the point of all the bitterness.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what he is saying. The Charger name has been drug through the mud in 1975-1978, 1981-1987 and then again in 2006. For some of us this nameplate carries as much weight as o' say... Corvette.

Funny, I wrote them a strongly worded e-mail when it first came out and suggested they call it Polara or Monaco as well!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RRHemi is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RRHemi For This Useful Post:
Trimec (05-09-2018)
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Senior Member
 
BlackHemi41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,680
Thanks: 677
Thanked 593 Times in 398 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say : A Hellcat powered Ram sounds pretty ****ing awesome.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

// 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 392, TR-6060, Billet Silver, SPAG
BlackHemi41 is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlackHemi41 For This Useful Post:
DCLethalRT (05-13-2018), Drewdlecam (06-13-2018), Frank Julian (07-15-2018), GAHemiguy (05-25-2018), hemi1031 (05-09-2018), johnnymopar (05-26-2018), nvoges (05-10-2018)
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Trimec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,466
Thanks: 210
Thanked 205 Times in 168 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think the Chargers ok, not a bad looking car
Trimec is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trimec For This Useful Post:
Drewdlecam (06-13-2018), johnnymopar (06-14-2018)
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:55 PM
Member
 
flammableHemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimec View Post
I think the Chargers ok, not a bad looking car
It's the best looking 4 door car on the market. But hey, haters gotta hate.
flammableHemi is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flammableHemi For This Useful Post:
DCLethalRT (05-13-2018), hemi1031 (05-09-2018), nvoges (05-10-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Dodge Challlenger T/A and Charger Daytona unveiled by FCA ahead of Dream Cruise ElPasoBob 2015 to Current R/T & RT Plus Specific 1 10-11-2016 07:52 AM
More 2015 Pricing Info Released MCO_Carter General Challenger Discussion 30 07-20-2014 06:49 PM
Chrysler LLC Introduces Entire 2009 Dodge Challenger Model Lineup Rambit General Challenger Discussion 0 03-19-2008 03:45 PM
The Muscle Car Wars Are On! Dodge Reveals Commercial, Challenger SRT8 Pricing To Star dascrow Dodge Challenger News 5 12-04-2007 08:37 AM
Official Dodge Info XJameson General Challenger Discussion 3 11-30-2007 01:42 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome