Challenger Finally Does It! - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 12:20 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I almost feel bad for Chevy. They made leaps and bounds for 2016, in terms of improving the Camaro dynamically (Aside from visibility). The new chassis is stiffer and lighter, they handle awesome, they're fast, etc. Their Nurburgring lap times show some real engineering know-how. It's too bad the car is just not good-looking, from any angle. That, combined with the poor visibility/headroom, are probably the 2 biggest things holding it back if I were to guess.

I think it also shows a brilliant marketing strategy by Dodge. Instead of trying to change the bodystyle drastically, they're just keeping it the way it is, and letting Ford and Chevy change their bodystyles (Apparently not for the better). It seems to be working.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

// 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 392, TR-6060, Billet Silver, SPAG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 12:35 PM

Garage
Nice, proud to have bought mine in June 17!

2016 Challenger SRT, Razor's Edge Strut Bar, LMI CAI, Petty's Garage Sway Bars, Eibach lowering Spings, Eibach front control arm, adjustable camber F&R, BMR rear trailing arms, Potenza RE71R tires...
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 03:29 PM

I'd have to presume that all the media hype for the Demon played a role -- good for you, FCA! Also, introducing the GT, another car that Ford or Chevy has no answer for, helped add to those totals.

It's a great day for Challenger owners and lovers. Now, bring on that Widebody Hellcat!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saetta For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (07-05-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:02 PM
T48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaterman View Post
The new Camaro SS performance is amazing, the restyle is awful and what kept me from buying one.
Agree. The 6th gen Camaro is built on the same platform as the Cadillac ATS. The issue (for me) is they incorporated the Cadillac design theme of all angular shapes. There is nothing rounded in their sheet metal & it is overkill. They definitely should have lowered the fender line & therefore the top of door line(or something to not feel so claustrophobic in it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Are those numbers for the MY 17 to date?
Those are sales numbers for the month of June. Which I think are actually delivery numbers to their dealer networks.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:25 PM

[quote=Tshane72;7648162]I am not surprised the Chally beat out the Camaro. I did not like the previous one either, but the new one is just ugly. I have seen a few around town here, and I tell ya, they are ugly. Now I do like how the Mustangs look now since they redid it but still, the Challenger is definitely the best looking of all 3! [/

Colmment deleted...

Last edited by billzsrt392; 07-04-2017 at 05:48 PM.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCowboy View Post
Well there goes the excitement of being different and standing out, I kind of like the fact that there are less Challengers on the roads than Camaros and Mustangs, kinda makes them kinda rare and unique in thier own special way, kinda like a Harley used to be before everybody and his brother started buying one!!! A good thing about it though is that that should lead to a big increase in aftermarket parts you would think!

Same here...... I like to be different from that status quo..... Drive something different, Ride something different.
Glad for the company though.... increased sales keep them interested.
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 05:47 AM

The Camaro:
My daughter sold her 2015 after 1 year. I drove it a few times. Personally, I like the look of the car. I get it, it's a personal thing. However, getting in and out of it is a real chore. I cannot do so without thumping my head on the roof. I'm only 5'8" and with my but flat on the seat, my head hits the roof just above the driver's window area. It's not possible to get in the car without having to duck. The roof line is wayyyyyy to low. Add to that that the seat is too low to the ground. At 61 years old, I don't need to do calisthenics every time I want to get in the car.

I like to ride with the window down and my elbow on the top edge of the door, and my hand on the roof. We've all done this. But ya have to put your elbow at eye level to try to do this in the Camaro. The car is just all wrong. Not to mention that it looks VERY little like its grandfather: the 67 Camaro that I had in high school.

Took my SRT 392 to the family reunion yesterday. Handed the keys to my young cousin. Before I knew it, there were 5 teens scrambling into the car and off they went for some fun. 17 year old Caleb came back glowing. "That's my all time DREAM car," he quipped. Thank you for letting us take it out. Didn't hear one complaint about there being NO ROOM in the car.

This stuff matters. When a manufacturer is too concerned with making a car LOOK cool, and could care less about it's functionality, sooner or later it costs them in sales.

Gary
Tampa

Last edited by garyahouse; 07-05-2017 at 05:55 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to garyahouse For This Useful Post:
Donniet53 (07-05-2017), MuscleCarProf (07-05-2017), PaVaSteeler (07-05-2017)
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
The car nobody likes is the new Camaro. Since the 2017s have come out their sales numbers have been dropping. Not a lot of fans of their new design.
I started driving Camaros when they came out in '67, and have been a life long Chevy fan. So when I decided to get a new car this year I went and looked at the '17 models. I liked them so much I bought a Challenger.

Bob
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobscogin For This Useful Post:
ChallengerR/TFan (07-05-2017), JimiMack (07-07-2017), shaker0378 (07-05-2018)
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 AM

While gassing up my ScatPack there was a new Camero at the adjacent pump. The owner (a big older dude about my age) asked what I like about the ScatPack. I said I can get in and out of it. He said "not so much, that's why I only drive it once every couple of weeks".There's lots more to like about the Challenger but getting in and out is a biggie.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob446 For This Useful Post:
ChallengerR/TFan (07-05-2017), jgralka (07-05-2017)
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 09:31 AM

Thanked 1,023 Times in 717 Posts
Garage
Personally I do think they look cool but I will admit the front bumper is busy looking. I just couldn't get past the high door line that prevents you from hanging your arm out while driving, and the lack of interior room. I can't even put my little kids in one very well. Test drove these two. The red car is a 1SS 8 speed and the black car is loaded 2SS 8 speed. The infotainment screen actually points downward in these cars so I found myself bending downward to look at it while driving. Awkward interior layout; strange looking inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5751.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	573.6 KB
ID:	823921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5755.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	823929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5784.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	842.5 KB
ID:	823937  

2018 Go Mango Scat Pack 6 speed with a Speedlogix catch can.
Other current car: 1966 Mustang GT coupe

Last edited by MuscleCarProf; 07-05-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode