Challenger Finally Does It! - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 10:52 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiMack View Post
This kind of gets me wondering....

People are starting to see what we've seen in these cars all along. I think the Demon has brought the Challenger some attention along with that Fast & Furious movie. So, this may mean that Dodge is going to have to TOP the looks of the current models, when they do the 2019 or 2020 or whatever year, of the re-design. I'm sure the rest of you are as curious as I am as to what they are going to come up with. Yeah, I know, this was only one months sales, but people are starting to notice and buy them.

I seems to me that everyone who gawks at a Challenger, does so with lust in their eyes. Like someone posted above though, it's kind of nice to be in a unique vehicle and I'm glad all those "Lusty Eyes" haven't made the plunge yet.
I agree! Owned a Millenium Yellow C5 Corvette for over 7 years and a black, C6 - Z51 convertible for over 2 years. In all of that time I never got as many thumbs up or compliments as I do now with the Challenger. All three have been daily drivers so they were all visible on a regular basis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saetta For This Useful Post:
Fawls (07-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 04:31 AM

I bought a 14 Camaro 2LS just a base model because my Honda was on the outs. I wanted a Challenger but the reviews before the 15 refresh kind put me off. I love Camaros, and I like the one I had, except for fact that I couldn't fit even my 7 year old daughter and her friends in the back seat, the trunk space was big, but the opening was small, and I should have gone the RS route for more perks. I was going to actually get the 16 Camaro until I sat in one at the dealership. And yes, it was smaller, the design was getting more Euro like, and the trunk still had that oval opening. I felt squished in it, and I'm 6/1 215 and was fine in my 14. I knew right there I was done with Camaro. And then the same day I sat in an RT Challenger was was like, it's roomy, comfortable, big trunk space, looks killer, and was sold. And I don't see myself really getting anything different than a Challenger for a long time. This car gets all kinds of looks more than my Camaro did.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Blacktop Package, Super Track Pak Package.
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 10:54 AM

I've had guys literally hanging out their window giving me a thumbs up on I-20 a couple of time in the Challenger. Never had that happen in the Mustang. It does seem to have a certain "presence" that appeals to people. I like the comfort and quietness. It's a great DD. With the big incentives, the SXT is a viable alternative to something like a base Accord.

Curt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiMack View Post
This kind of gets me wondering....

People are starting to see what we've seen in these cars all along. I think the Demon has brought the Challenger some attention along with that Fast & Furious movie. So, this may mean that Dodge is going to have to TOP the looks of the current models, when they do the 2019 or 2020 or whatever year, of the re-design. I'm sure the rest of you are as curious as I am as to what they are going to come up with. Yeah, I know, this was only one months sales, but people are starting to notice and buy them.

I seems to me that everyone who gawks at a Challenger, does so with lust in their eyes. Like someone posted above though, it's kind of nice to be in a unique vehicle and I'm glad all those "Lusty Eyes" haven't made the plunge yet.
I think that Dodge has figured out a different formula. Keep the body styling (which is unique in its homage to it's predecessor) and up the muscle. Muscle car fans want muscle, and Challenger keeps delivering.
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,871 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRHemi View Post
June 2017 Sales stats are in and for the first time since I have been tracking it the Challenger outsold the Mustang! For the 6th time since 12/14 it outsold the Camaro. This 10 year old design has a nice positive trend line.

Mustang - 6186
Camaro - 4891
Challenger - 6605
It's about time that the general public realized what we already knew- the Challenger is an awesome looking and performing car!

FORD= Fix Often Repair Daily

post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:38 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
It's about time that the general public realized what we already knew- the Challenger is an awesome looking and performing car!

FORD= Fix Often Repair Daily
Fix Ot Rgain Dony.

No wait, wrong brand.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 05:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
The car nobody likes is the new Camaro. Since the 2017s have come out their sales numbers have been dropping. Not a lot of fans of their new design.
I've driven them. The only direction you can drive one is forward. You can not see out of the side or rear windows! They are dangerous.

Challenger R/T, B5 Blue, 6-Speed TREMEC, Blacktop Package, Cold Weather Group.

Built March 30, 2016.

Mods: Straight pipes from the cat back, MOPAR cold air intake, MOPAR front tower brace, MOPAR Stage 1 springs, MOPAR black hood pins, Direct Port Inlet Screens on both inner headlights, center of engine cover painted B5, MOPAR stainless door sills, MGP brake covers, debadged "DODGE" from between tail lights, under hood beverage emblem decal MOPAR, and military decals in engine area.

post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 05:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
The car nobody likes is the new Camaro. Since the 2017s have come out their sales numbers have been dropping. Not a lot of fans of their new design.
I've driven them. The only direction you can drive one is forward. You can not see out of the side or rear windows! They are dangerous.
post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:56 PM

Updates

Any updates on Production numbers ?
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 11:41 PM

Ha... can't believe somebody revived this old thread. It contained one of my first posts on this forum.
Ah: memories...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode