Dodge Challenger to be Low Production V8 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Dodge Challenger to be Low Production V8

Dodge Challenger to be a low production V8

Wednesday April 26, 2006 10:34 AM EST - By: Michael Kwan Via: leftlanenews.com

Now that the Dodge Challenger Concept has completed its rounds on the auto show circuit, the people over at Daimler Chrysler are hard at work trying to figure out how to go about pumping out a production version of the hot retro automobile. Most recent reports have the carmaker not taking the mass market route that the Ford Mustang has taken, but will rather restrict the Challenger to a limited number, creating its own little niche market. Pricing is expected to be higher than the Stang.

While the Mustang has a V8 as an option, with only 30% of the Ford sports car being sold with the beefier engine, it seems that the Challenger will only come in a V8, and thus is targeted squarely at the people bent on having powerful muscle cars. That said, they still need to figure out where to manufacture the Challenger – which is based on the same platform as the Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum, and Dodge Charger – as that facility is already at its capacity.

It does not make economical sense to open up a new plant altogether for the Challenger, so they will have to wedge it into an existing plant. They want to build it "tomorrow", according to Joe Eberhardt, VP of marketing for Chrysler, but until they overcome these hurdles, we won't be seeing a Challenger on the road any time soon.

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Dodge Challenger to be Low Production V8

NO, we do NOT need a low production car...
WTF DCX?!?!?!

BMW Black '99 Dakota R/T... Not anywhere near stock
2 Tone '00 Camaro... Stock
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 01:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to 77 Monte Carlo

What The F_ck?????????? Hell No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant Affoard An Old One, Now I Cant Affoard A New One Either, Dammit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 01:11 PM

Really, take a minute to express your frustration with dodge themselves:

http://www-5.dodge.com/wccsapp/unive...ull&category=N

it wont take long, let them know how pissed off you are. it will make you feel better too.
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to 77 Monte Carlo

I sent them a message
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:05 PM

is it possible that dodge will mass produce it the following year after its limited production run?
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:37 PM

At best, this is still just speculation, and i'm not going to believe anything untill the official word is out from DCX. That said, if this car is going to be a gas guzzler, i wouldn't expect it to last very long anyhow.
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:52 PM

The high sticker price is not going to be the only problem with this low volume Chally. I just got back from a high volume Dodge dealer; wanted to get a closer look at the SRT's and sit in them. Every SRT (Magnum, Charger and 300) they had in stock had an additional note taped next to the sticker saying "Market Adjustment $5,000". I'd like to say that I'll never buy a vehicle from them, ever. But, they're doing it because all of the other dealers are also doing it. Where the hell are you going to go? Economically, if they ship more, the "price" should come down. But these cars aren't moving. Since I've started watching this SRT Charger about a month ago, it hasn't moved from their inventory. Just keep in mind, this is the type of BS we're going to have to deal with. Have to go now.......getting depressed..... ........now pissed
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 PM

Well, i think it's worth mentioning that if the comaro comes out and it is priced to compete with it's main rival, the mustang, then i'd be willing to guess that dodge dealers would have to lower thier prices to compete as well.
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 09:40 PM

Lightbulb Re: Dodge Challenger to be Low Production V8

Quote:
That said, they still need to figure out where to manufacture the Challenger – which is based on the same platform as the Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum, and Dodge Charger – as that facility is already at its capacity.
I would think by 2007-08 the magnum will have run it's course, and DCX should say out with the Magnum in with the Challenger!

392CI HEMI 6 SPEED CHALLENGER R/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode