Dodge to Resurrect Plymouth Barracuda - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Dodge to Resurrect Plymouth Barracuda

2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

With the introduction of the new 2011 Challenger SRT8 392 at the SEMA Show last week, Dodge brand boss and Chrysler design chief Ralf Gilles dropped a bit hint at the return of the Plymouth Barracuda.

"There's a lot of pressure on us to bring the 'Cuda back," said Gilles to a crowd of Mopar loyalists. "The customers have been stomping their feet for it."

There's no doubt Gilles wouldn't have brought it up were it not in the works and with Chrysler looking to breath new life into the brand while retaining loyalists, we'd expect to see a new HEMI 'Cuda in the not-too-distant future.

As for the fact that the Plymouth brand has been long dead: that's just a detail at this point.

More: Dodge to Resurrect Plymouth Barracuda on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That would be cool

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post
"There's a lot of pressure on us to bring the 'Cuda back," ...
Saying that in passing doesn't necessarily mean it's set in stone and coming back. That's quite a leap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

Would be cool! But A Dodge Cuda?

Would need to bring back Plymouth to do it right if you ask me....maybe I am just weird like that LOL

Speedlogix |

post #5 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:41 PM

When I was at Mr. Norm's in Rockford, IL a few weeks ago, they were in the process of converting two new Challengers into Hemi Cuda convertibles. Both of them looked great.
post #6 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:29 PM

The only thing I'd really want from the 'Cuda over what the modern Challenger already has is the shaker hood. I'd LOVE to see a stock one. The modern Challenger already pulls a lot of the styling I really liked from the original 'Cuda.
post #7 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
I wish they would do it as a base musclecar instead of loading up on all the options in the book to get a performance model make it competitive with the Mustang so college kids and people like me in their early 20's could afford it.

$.02

Daniel

(○○[‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾]○○) `12 SXT Base-Pitch Black-Functional Hood Vents, Black Mopar T-Handle Shifter, Weathertech Mats
(○○[‾‾‾‾‾S̅R̅T̅]○○) `11 SRT 392 Inaugural Edition-Deep Water Blue-Stock

HAVE AN INAUGURAL EDITION 392? WANT TO ADD IT TO THE IE 392 DATABASE? PLEASE POST YOUR CAR'S INFORMATION HERE:

post #8 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 11:18 PM

I'll believe it when I see it...
For those that REALLY want one now, they can get the Mr. Norm's version...

Hemi Orange Pearl / 28M (5 speed auto) / Super Track Pack / Electronics Convenience Group / Sound Group II / HID headlights

Mods: Zoomers Exhaust, Mopar CAI, Strut Tower, Engine Cover, Quad Tips, Hood Struts, Sill Plates, Pedal Covers, Center Caps, Billet Tech Catch Can, Strut Covers, Fuse Box Cover, Underhood Kit, Nose Badge

post #9 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Banned

you are assuming the 'cuda would be based on the Challenger - not the Charger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1808-Plymouth-Cuda-Concept-Car.jpg
Views:	91863
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	24147  
post #10 of 547 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedlogix-Mikey View Post
Would be cool! But A Dodge Cuda?

Would need to bring back Plymouth to do it right if you ask me....maybe I am just weird like that LOL
If past history means anything, much like the Plymouth Prowler became the Chrysler Prowler when the Plymouth line was retired, the 'Cuda would logically be in the Chrysler line

Terry

2009 Stone White Challenger R/T 6-speed manual - Pedder's Track II Package
2005 Magnum R/T 6.9L stroker (475rwhp & 465rwtq)
1999 Plymouth Prowler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode