Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums (https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/)
-   Dodge Challenger News (https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Limited Edition 80th Anniversary Challenger (https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f2/limited-edition-80th-anniversary-challenger-560537/)

johnnymopar 02-10-2017 12:39 AM

Limited Edition 80th Anniversary Challenger

1 Attachment(s)
Good news is there is a beautiful new Challenger MOPAR 17 edition. Link:

Mopar 17 Challenger: first with a 392

Bad news is there will be only 160 made. So few will be available (Canada if at all) and dealers will throw on a major mark up. :frown:

I wish Dodge wouldn't do this, I like the two tone. Everytime I want to trade up I'm turned off by the rare model mark up or unavailability. I like this model and would forgo getting a T/A if I could get one. The T/A will probably be marked up just like the Hellcat was here. Since I refuse to pay dealer mark up it just keeps me from buying another Challenger.

Why not make make as many as they can sell?

Slidd 02-10-2017 02:45 AM

Very nice. Limited to 80 each in either Billet Silver or Contusion Blue and will gloss black on the two-tone, guess GE will be doing the Shaker and black paint.

https://youtu.be/Pn-aW8VOGwE

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

hunttriumph1500 02-10-2017 04:31 AM

What is wrong with this video? I mean it doesn't play or gets hung up on YouTube. To the cars, I like em!! Yeah there will be a mark up and I guess we would be lucky just to see one, let alone buy one!

Yellow Jacket 2012 02-10-2017 06:18 AM

Because they want to play the "it's rare" card. Sure it is great looking but none of these cars will spike in value in the future enough to be like the first generation.
My favorite feature if this article is accurate is it will only be a manual transmission.
My car looks and is in even better condition than day one but isn't going to get me any extra money if I were to put it up for sale so it becomes my sons car and he will enjoy its pristine condition.
But hey it's 1 of 1000 (1-420 equipped similarly) aren't I special?, lol.
Go out there and just enjoy them.

Ricketts 02-10-2017 06:30 AM

I dig it!

Miroresh 02-10-2017 06:36 AM

Looks pretty but that's pricey, almost Hellcat pricey.

Hemi313 02-10-2017 07:47 AM

I wonder if those dual strut tower braces are actually more functional or just for aesthetics?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ElPasoBob 02-10-2017 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi313 (Post 7297577)
I wonder if those dual strut tower braces are actually more functional or just for aesthetics?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have them installed, I feel a difference. I live at the base of the Guadalupe Mountains and love cruising the mountain roads. The car feels better in the turns and the hood stays more level. Anyway, feels good to me
Oh, and I'm not wetting my pants to rush out and loose money on my trade in for the next new thing FCA throws out there either.
My white Shaker Plus A8 is already 1 of 228. Rare enough for me
And why did they put the 5.7 Shaker badge on the MOPAR 17 Shaker. Duh, the MOPAR design badge like the rear spoiler on the Shaker would have made it more cool

mark0006 02-10-2017 11:11 AM

homerzeppelin 02-10-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnymopar (Post 7297145)
Good news is there is a beautiful new Challenger Mopar 17 edition. Link:

Mopar 17 Challenger: first with a 392

Bad news is there will be only 160 made. So few will be available (Canada if at all) and dealers will throw on a major mark up. :frown:

I wish Dodge wouldn't do this, I like the two tone. Everytime I want to trade up I'm turned off by the rare model mark up or unavailability. I like this model and would forgo getting a T/A if I could get one. The T/A will probably be marked up just like the Hellcat was here. Since I refuse to pay dealer mark up it just keeps me from buying another Challenger.

Why not make make as many as they can sell?

There is lots of hand painting on this car:

"Contusion Blue and Billet Silver hues are pulled from the Dodge brand’s color palette, with the upper portion of the Mopar ’17 hand-painted Pitch Black at the Mopar Custom Shop to achieve the striking two-tone appearance." & "A special Mopar 392 logo, also hand-painted on at the Mopar Custom Shop, gives an additional custom touch."

These more "crazy" models are usually very low volumes because the company is taking a pretty big risk. The cost of these are high, so if they aren't very popular, and there is too many made, they'll lose money (Look back at the 2010 furious fuchsia, where by late 2011 SRT models were being discounted cheaper than RT models). Unfortunately, a lot of the very custom models can't just be "built to order" because of all of the logistics of getting the proper components, or vendors commitment to do the work. Hand painting is something that needs to be controlled and figured out ahead of time.