More details about the Dodge Challenger - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 12:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile Re: More details about the Dodge Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4Bryan
Its about time dodge gets into the muscle car segment again, i hated the fact that they just reskinned a 300c and called it a charger. but it looks like they are doing it right for the challenger.
Want some of my Prozac ???

hopster...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Sometimes You Feel Like
A Nut, Sometimes You Don't"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 06:44 PM

More Details About The 'New' Dodge 'Challenger' (courtesy of www.autobytel.com)

Future Cars: Dodge Challenger DaimlerChrysler revives another legend by Christian Wardlaw Introduction

Check out this blast from the past. Dodge is not blind to the success of Ford’s retro-mod Mustang, and is rolling this Challenger Concept out for the press and public at this January’s 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Flush with confidence after the recent successes of the Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, and Dodge Charger, DaimlerChrysler is ready to tackle America’s favorite pony-car, the Mustang, in a new 21st century muscle-car war. Styling cues are lifted straight off the original 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, with round quad headlamps, circular fog lights mounted beneath a minimalist bumper where the classic had turn signals, amber side marker lights placed just beneath a crease in the fender that stretches to the rear of the car and mimics the first Challenger, and twin hood scoops separated by a matte-black racing stripe. Even the greenhouse and mirrors resemble the original – all that’s missing are chrome hood clips and a wire mesh grille. Those massive six-spoke alloy wheels, however, belie the modern mechanicals underneath the bodywork. Chrysler’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) team has breathed on this concept, which has the same 6.1-liter Hemi V8 under the hood as found in hot-rodded versions of the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, and Jeep Grand Cherokee. A six-speed transmission puts the power to the rear wheels through a piston-grip shifter that recalls the original Challenger, and the driver sits on a ribbed black upholstery – though in this concept it’s leather instead of yesteryear’s vinyl. The Dodge Challenger Concept sits on a modified 300/Charger/Magnum platform, and could easily be produced. Given Chrysler’s past propensity to put concept cars on an assembly line – Viper, PT Cruiser, Caliber, Nitro – it’s likely that a slightly modified version of this Challenger could land in Dodge showrooms by 2008, with engines ranging from a 3.5-liter V6 making around 250 horsepower to the concept car’s 425-horse, ground-pounding, 6.1-liter Hemi.

Photo: Illustration by DaimlerChrysler

About Christian Wardlaw

Christian Wardlaw joined the Automotive Information Center (AIC) in January 2003, managing content development for AIC and the Autosite consumer website. Previously, Christian served as Editor-in-Chief and Director of Automotive Data for Edmunds.com. A writer, editor, and automobile aficionado, Christian is a different sort of car enthusiast. His passion lies in the vehicles that people most often buy, rather than with high-performance sports cars or ultra-luxury sedans. “Given the choice to spend an hour with a Dodge Viper or a Honda Accord, I’ll choose the Accord,” he claims. Unless, of course, the driving venue is a racetrack. Christian has been a car enthusiast all of his life, uttering “car” as his first word while growing up in Detroit. A graduate of Western Michigan University, he holds a bachelor’s degree in English. His daily driver is a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata.

Last edited by Mr.DJ; 12-11-2005 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Content
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 03:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to WildKarrde Send a message via MSN to WildKarrde
Re: More details about the Dodge Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Yeah it was so much cooler when they reskinned a Coronet and called it a Charger, then reskinned a Chrysler Cordoba and called it a Charger, and when they reskinned a K-car and called it a Charger. Those were REAL Chargers, this new 350 HP beast is just a reskinned Chrysler. Let's all hate on it.
Sorry, I just don't think the new Charger is a *real* Charger. It's a really nice, fast family sedan, but not a Charger. The 80's Charger wasn't the real thing either. If I were to choose a family sedan though, the Charger would still be one of my top choices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 11:47 PM

The Charger is a great car! I just think they should have named it something else. Fury would have been a great name, Fury, Fury VIP, Sport Fury and the Sport Fury GT.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM

My 60's mopars are all 4 speeds. Can I get an automatic for this ole gal ? Air conditioning and hole shots is what i need these days. ????
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Point
The Charger is a great car! I just think they should have named it something else. Fury would have been a great name, Fury, Fury VIP, Sport Fury and the Sport Fury GT.
I would have resurrected "Monaco". Its not a bad name. But the name being clamored for was "Charger". So they did something and called it "Charger". Oh well...

On the other hand, the new Challenger is a... CHALLENGER! Thank goodness.

FLYING IN A BLUE DREAM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Dodge Challenger RT Plus, Jazz Blue, Ruby Red Nappa leather, STP, nav & sunroof.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 05:53 AM

Any news is good news about this car!

David
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yeah, It's Got A HEMI!)
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 02:55 PM

thats true any news is good news. And we some good hard news now!
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 06:45 PM

Yeah some hard facts would be great about now!
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 09:39 PM

how do you think dodge would fare in making a touring gt i mean something big such as like a bentley continental gt
and they have maybach mercedes benz and hrysler in the company to back them up

can you say hemiiiii
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode