2019 Uconnect Defaults to Radio? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Car Electronics- Lights, Fuses, Audio & Video Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2019 Uconnect Defaults to Radio?

Hey all,

I've gone through a couple of 2015+ Challengers over the last few years. A 2015 with the old 5inch uconnect, a 2017 with the 8.4 and now a 2019 with the new (7inch I think?) uconnect. On the previous models, one of my favorite bits about uconnect is that, if you had a paired phone with you, it would default to the bluetooth/media connection when starting the car.

Unfortunately, In the 2019, it seems to default to the radio instead of the bluetooth connection, forcing me to touch media > source > bluetooth to pick up where I left off. Any other 2019 owners seeing this at all? I'm trying to figure out whether this is a pairing issue of some sort or just normal behavior with the new unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,755 Times in 2,838 Posts
Garage
This is for 2017 (no 2018/2019 Uconnect manuals I could find) , and perhaps not your issue, but maybe play with Autoplay, and/or Autoshow

You should be able to download your manual here:

https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us/ca...rs-manual.html

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hey Guy,

Thanks for looking into that! Unfortunately this setting only seems to apply to USB/Carplay/Android Auto side of things and not Bluetooth media. The more I google, the more I see owners complaining about this functionality....I wonder if Dodge gave in and disabled it on the new uconnects?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Is the Bluetooth/Media connection the connection active when you turn off the car?

A Guy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes sir! I've also gone through and done a factory reset of the phone itself and re-paired it to the car. I have an iphone 7, which uses an older bluetooth standard (4.2 I think)....I wonder if there's some kinda of backwards compatibility issue? This is the same version I used on the 2015 5.0 and the 2017 8.4
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm a Luddite when it comes to phones. Mine is for phone calls, lol. Hopefully someone can confirm if they have the same behavior

A Guy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hopefully, it's just me...I don't want to already need to upgrade the head unit, lol.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Confirmed with uconnect that this is the default functionality for the 2019 7/8.4 units. They were unable to tell me when this changed but I can say for sure that it wasn't the case in 2015 thru 2017. Going to reach out to their "case manager" team to hopefully find out when this changed so I can get a head unit from the latest model year before the change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Car Electronics- Lights, Fuses, Audio & Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode