Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Harmon Kardon Trunk Sub-Woofer Delay?

878 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Finface 
#1 ·
I searched the forum for previous posts and found a lot about the Harmon Kardon system, which for my 2019 Red Eye was a $1,995 option, but did not find any posts about perceived trunk sub-woofer delay.

I think I'm hearing a delay. The bass from the trunk doesn't sound like it's on the beat of the song.

Anyone else hearing something like this? It sounds like less delay with surround sound off, but I think I still hear it.

Man o' man...my OCD might be really kicking up!

Finface

#2 ·
The Surround Sound does all sorts of different processing / EQ and the like. On standard stereo recordings, having Surround off is typically the better option.

#3 ·
i agree with Hal.

Turn the surround sound off, and play with the sound settings. I have mine more towards the rear, with a slight boost in the base and treble. I didn't boost the mid-range.

I've never experienced the delay that you are talking about with the rear sub-woofers.

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback (pun intended!)

I'll mess around some more with the settings and probably will settle on surround sound off, as I like that better already.

Today I drove RDEYE (the KY custom plate is coming soon) with my mother-in-law to breakfast. Some freeway driving, lots of winding country roads. Sport mode going, street mode coming home on the winding roads. I rolled over 300 miles on the way to breakfast - where the break-in manual says you can take it to redline and engage in more spirited driving - and all I can say coming home on the country roads is "Wow! Are these cars fun or what?"

And it's not just the reserve power of the Hellcat - it's the feel of the car, how it tracks, how it sounds, that makes it such a fun drive. I've said it before, but I'm pretty sure driving the 5.7 and 6.4 liter engine cars would feel much the same as my experience today because I still didn't put my foot into it. Well, maybe once or twice...

Smilin' Finface

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.