Harmon Kardon Trunk Sub-Woofer Delay? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Car Electronics- Lights, Fuses, Audio & Video Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Harmon Kardon Trunk Sub-Woofer Delay?

I searched the forum for previous posts and found a lot about the Harmon Kardon system, which for my 2019 Red Eye was a $1,995 option, but did not find any posts about perceived trunk sub-woofer delay.

I think I'm hearing a delay. The bass from the trunk doesn't sound like it's on the beat of the song.

Anyone else hearing something like this? It sounds like less delay with surround sound off, but I think I still hear it.

Man o' man...my OCD might be really kicking up!

Finface
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,569 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finface View Post
I searched the forum for previous posts and found a lot about the Harmon Kardon system, which for my 2019 Red Eye was a $1,995 option, but did not find any posts about perceived trunk sub-woofer delay.

I think I'm hearing a delay. The bass from the trunk doesn't sound like it's on the beat of the song.

Anyone else hearing something like this? It sounds like less delay with surround sound off, but I think I still hear it.

Man o' man...my OCD might be really kicking up!

Finface
The Surround Sound does all sorts of different processing / EQ and the like. On standard stereo recordings, having Surround off is typically the better option.

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
The Surround Sound does all sorts of different processing / EQ and the like. On standard stereo recordings, having Surround off is typically the better option.
i agree with Hal.

Turn the surround sound off, and play with the sound settings. I have mine more towards the rear, with a slight boost in the base and treble. I didn't boost the mid-range.

I've never experienced the delay that you are talking about with the rear sub-woofers.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:13 PM

I got no idea, The OCD may be messing with your head. Mine seems to work fine but I really can't hear it over the exhaust.

2019 wide body Scat
Foot print gas pedal ( just kidding)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the feedback (pun intended!)

I'll mess around some more with the settings and probably will settle on surround sound off, as I like that better already.

Today I drove RDEYE (the KY custom plate is coming soon) with my mother-in-law to breakfast. Some freeway driving, lots of winding country roads. Sport mode going, street mode coming home on the winding roads. I rolled over 300 miles on the way to breakfast - where the break-in manual says you can take it to redline and engage in more spirited driving - and all I can say coming home on the country roads is "Wow! Are these cars fun or what?"

And it's not just the reserve power of the Hellcat - it's the feel of the car, how it tracks, how it sounds, that makes it such a fun drive. I've said it before, but I'm pretty sure driving the 5.7 and 6.4 liter engine cars would feel much the same as my experience today because I still didn't put my foot into it. Well, maybe once or twice...

Smilin' Finface
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Car Electronics- Lights, Fuses, Audio & Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode