Subwoofer Added to 2018 Scat Pack - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Car Electronics- Lights, Fuses, Audio & Video Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Talking Subwoofer Added to 2018 Scat Pack

Pretty happy with the results of the added subwoofer to my 2018 Scat Pack. I added the following:

- Audio Control LC2i (tapped into the rear speakers)
- Kicker CXA1200.1 1200watt Amp
- Kicker Comp Q 12" 2Ohm Subwoofer (Wired in parallel for 1ohm operation)
- Zenclosures Subwoofer Enclosure; Front Facing Single 12" Ported Box

Anyways, just wanted to share. I really like all of the components that I added. It has WAAAAYYYYY more than enough power. Still fully dialing it in, but all the gain levels are really low, and I get tons of bass. This thing can give me way more than I need in case I get the urge to blow out some windows. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9062.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	941433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9098.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	941435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9096.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	941437  

-Andy
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:13 PM

Garage
Nice! Does it move around at all under performance driving conditions or were you able to bolt it down?

Thinking of upgrading my stereo to include a sub as well and have been pondering options.

Can you post a URL for what box this is? It doesn't look like the bigger/deeper Challender specific one on their site. I like that it looks slimmer and takes up less space.

Thanks

My garage: 2017 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1989 Regal Vilanti 220 Cuddy Cabin

Find me at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or @f_valenta on Twitter

Last edited by fvalenta83; 04-11-2019 at 01:19 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvalenta83 View Post
Nice! Does it move around at all under performance driving conditions or were you able to bolt it down?

Thinking of upgrading my stereo to include a sub as well and have been pondering options.

Can you post a URL for what box this is? It doesn't look like the bigger/deeper Challender specific one on their site. I like that it looks slimmer and takes up less space.

Thanks
It did love around under hard braking and accelerating. I was able to come up with a way to rigidly attach it to the car though, that is also pretty easy to still take out. I used some threaded rod and some misc hardware and came up with something pretty nifty. It has worked well for awhile now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,338 Times in 971 Posts
Garage
Looks great, very professional install. But you should really consider turning that box around and facing it toward the rear of the car. The sound level could get a little bump from some cabin gain, but it will absolutely sound better if the port is unobstructed by the back seat's seat-back. (I'm assuming you do not leave the rear section of seat directly in front of port laid down while you drive and listen to stereo; if you do, then disregard the stuff about an unobstructed port.)

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Car Electronics- Lights, Fuses, Audio & Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode