2019 Hellcat Redeye auctions for $107,000 - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokn05 View Post
I read somewhere that it was Barrett Jackson himself who bought it. Probably to hype his own business. Those auctions have bee ruining the car market since they went on TV. Every schmuck thinks their fake SS or rusted R/T is worth $250,000 now.
While I can’t say who bought the car, I can say it was not “Barret Jackson himself.” The company is named Barrett-Jackson after Russ Jackson, Nellie Jackson and Tom Barrett the founders.

2010 Challenger SRT8 M6: TorRed, Barton (skip shift+), Mopar Performance Long Ram CAI and Exhaust Tips, Fastman TB mod, Speedlogix Strut Tower Brace (front and rear), Brass Monkey Wheels (clones), Arrington Catch Can, 30% Tint (doubles the hp)
2016 Subaru CrossTrek (daily driver)
2006 Ducati 999s (scary fast)
1998 Ducati 748 SPS (far from stock)

"Who Dares Wins"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:44 PM

you've got demons popping up on ebay for less than that occasionally

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,705 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
The first couple of days at Mecham, there are usually some good buys. It all depends on how many interested buyers too of course. BJ seems to want to position itself as higher end cars, even though you see $million cars at Mecham too. People just get carried away at auctions, and think because it's being auctioned, it's worth more I guess. Buy you can order a Redeye, and what options you want, so why everyone was so hot for that one...

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:24 AM

i think its has to do with bragging rights. i knew a guy who bought a 70 cuda from BJ in AZ. car was nothing special in the world of high end cuda's..mostly original 440, pistol grip, red on black.
the only thing he seemed to cling to when talking about it, was "this is a barrett car" and how it was on TV and all that.
then there are guys who go to BJ, Mecums, RM's and others and pay cash buying 10-12 cars in 2 days, perhaps they dont have time to shop dealers and dont care about getting the best price.

2015 Mods:
Hellcat Intake w/ AEM hi-flow filter.
GenPartsCo-USA D.I.P.S. air catcher screens.
Axis Model II's.
Firestone Indy 275/40/20
Rolling Thunder Reso delete.
Exteremevinyls side marker tints.
GPC Trunk Pull Handle.
Spare/Jack/Foam Delete.
GPC Phantoms.
Mopar O.E. Black Fuel Door.
Hellcat OE. ABS Cover.
Rear Seat Delete.
2014 Dodge Viper Seats.
Custom Fire Extinguisher & Mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode