797 HP for new Hellcat Redeye, 717 HP for Hellcat - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:29 PM

Thanked 1,023 Times in 717 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
Looks like the T/A is still around:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/new...=19986&mid=169

Under Highlights:
"T/A Package takes R/T and R/T Scat Pack models to the next level of performance with enhancements inside and out, including white face instrument panel cluster, Gloss Black instrument panel cluster trim rings, Mopar cold-air intake system, black spoiler with T/A spoiler decal, painted Satin Black hood, Satin Black wrapped roof and decklid and 20-inch forged aluminum wheels"

Interesting that there is a rear seat delete option and Launch Assist is added to Launch Control...
Where are you seeing this? I did a double take and didn't see anything on the T/A on my second read either. Everything I've heard is that it was a 2 year run and done (for now at least). I also didn't notice a specific "announcements" section either so perhaps I missed it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 Go Mango Scat Pack 6 speed with a Speedlogix catch can.
Other current car: 1966 Mustang GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:41 PM

Demon prices just dropped by $25k! I laugh at all those aholes that paid big bucks over sticker for one!!!
post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 08:01 PM

Thanked 4,331 Times in 2,703 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAG CITY View Post
If I were a Hellcat owner, I would be a little annoyed to say the least, to see my hood on the new TA. On the other hand, sure glad to see the absence of the Demon hood on any of the new models, was a little concerned on that one.............

HOT ROD ON

I'm betting that more would be interested or concerned about the "Red Eye" version. That's a nice jump in HP.

If folks are truly concerned about an "old" HC hood on a SP, then they just don't have a grip on the fact that a Challenger is a Dodge, not an imported "exotic". lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Past: 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T "Classic" RIP Old Buddy 6/4/15

The Present: 2016 R/T Scat Pack. Factory Options: B5 Blue, 24G Package(A8), WRT Wheels, and Modern R/T Hood Stripe. Engine HP Mods: None Needed. HC Air Box/Tube; DIPs Screen; BT Catch Can; Mopar front Brace;"TA" style side stripes; Mopar '10 Center Caps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:09 PM

I am guessing Hellcat owners aren't happen....used Hellcat and Scat Packs prices will probably drop. Demon owners have a limited addition car, so they probably could care less.
post #35 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19johned53 View Post
I'm betting that more would be interested or concerned about the "Red Eye" version. That's a nice jump in HP.

If folks are truly concerned about an "old" HC hood on a SP, then they just don't have a grip on the fact that a Challenger is a Dodge, not an imported "exotic". lol

What does the Red Eye have to do with anything I said in my post? I don't get it! I was talking hoods only here. Follow me now! I mentioned I, ( me) would not be pleased to see a HC hood on the SP if I owned a HC, not you or anyone else, just me. Since I own a Demon, I also mentioned how pleased I am not to find that hood on any of the new models. Quite aware of the fact where the roots of Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler came from as well, since I've owned one or two of them in my time.........

HOT ROD ON
post #36 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
What does the Red Eye have to do with anything I said in my post? I don't get it! I was talking hoods only here. Follow me now! I mentioned I, ( me) would not be pleased to see a HC hood on the SP if I owned a HC, not you or anyone else, just me. Since I own a Demon, I also mentioned how pleased I am not to find that hood on any of the new models. Quite aware of the fact where the roots of Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler came from as well, since I've owned one or two of them in my time.........

HOT ROD ON
The thing is nothing was really stopping previous SP owners from buying the hood and adding it on themselves. I'm sure it's not a free add-on to a base SP anyhow. It will probably be a 4th or 5th package with a 392 in it the same way there's been a Shaker package, T/A, etc.

post #37 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist R/T View Post
The thing is nothing was really stopping previous SP owners from buying the hood and adding it on themselves. I'm sure it's not a free add-on to a base SP anyhow. It will probably be a 4th or 5th package with a 392 in it the same way there's been a Shaker package, T/A, etc.

Yep! Throw in a few Hellcat emblems on the fenders and they are good to go......l

HOT ROD ON
post #38 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yep! Throw in a few Hellcat emblems on the fenders and they are good to go......l

HOT ROD ON
Oh come on, that's not the same hahaha. I never saw a single complaint with people buying replica SRT/Hellcat wheels or even putting real ones on other models
post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:29 PM

Thanked 4,331 Times in 2,703 Posts
Garage
Quote:

HOT ROD ON

Follow me now, if you really want to be that way.

Since you're a Demon owner, how do you feel about the Demon engine technology and electronic performance items "trickling down" to the HC?

If your that happy about the Demon hood not being shared, then it's obvious that you're a little testy about the other little things being shared! LOL

Don't get me wrong, the Demon is a heck of a Challenger, but still a Dodge. FCA shares Dodge parts, oh, that's your point.
post #40 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,729 Times in 2,820 Posts
Garage

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-dodge-...mon-1827207471

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye First Look: Possessed by a Demon - Motor Trend

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/28/...n-spawn-74992/

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode