797 HP for new Hellcat Redeye, 717 HP for Hellcat - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,428 Times in 2,622 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-dodge-...mon-1827207471

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye First Look: Possessed by a Demon - Motor Trend

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/28/...n-spawn-74992/

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:51 PM

As someone who is planning on purchasing in the next few months, I was only looking at TA 392’s because of the sheer amount of Scat Packs out there. The new Widebody has put me back in the hunt for a Scatty. Decisions decisions...
post #43 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist R/T View Post
Oh come on, that's not the same hahaha. I never saw a single complaint with people buying replica SRT/Hellcat wheels or even putting real ones on other models

All this over my statements on hoods, Damn! I Just post up once in a while to be part of the forum and do a little socializing, but usually more involved in the mechanical side of things, life is way to short for back and forth verbiage on a never ending opinion debate. I don't have a Hellcat, so I don't really give a care if that hood ends up on a Jeep Wrangler, makes mo never mind to me, just making small talk here is all! Once again, here for the enjoyment of the Challenger thing and posting up on occasion. When I have to defend my insignificant little meaningless statement on such a trivial subject, it really takes the the enjoyment out of the adventure. In the future I will post up comments rather than opinions and that should keep me out of useless debates. Your all do your thing and that is cool and I am sometimes amused at all the heated bebates that go on and even more so, when Guy has to step in and quench the fires, That's not for me guys, no hard feelings here...........

HOT ROD ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAG CITY View Post
All this over my statements on hoods, Damn! I Just post up once in a while to be part of the forum and do a little socializing, but usually more involved in the mechanical side of things, life is way to short for back and forth verbiage on a never ending opinion debate. I don't have a Hellcat, so I don't really give a care if that hood ends up on a Jeep Wrangler, makes mo never mind to me, just making small talk here is all! Once again, here for the enjoyment of the Challenger thing and posting up on occasion. When I have to defend my insignificant little meaningless statement on such a trivial subject, it really takes the the enjoyment out of the adventure. In the future I will post up comments rather than opinions and that should keep me out of useless debates. Your all do your thing and that is cool and I am sometimes amused at all the heated bebates that go on and even more so, when Guy has to step in and quench the fires, That's not for me guys, no hard feelings here...........

HOT ROD ON
Whoa now, no need to go that far. I was just making an observation more than anything. No hard feelings, we're all Mopar-brothers here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #45 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Aw, don't let it chase you off, seems to be a second pastime here, lol. You did notice his name right? A Guy
post #46 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:24 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Aw, don't let it chase you off, seems to be a second pastime here, lol. You did notice his name right? A Guy

Sure did! think that got the best of me or worst? By the way what's up with all those repeat post that showed up, let me know so that don't happen again......

HOT ROD ON
post #47 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Now that's odd. No, couldn't be anything you did, and no other Mods or Admins are on. The forum is having small issues likely tied to the change to https, coupled with a move to the cloud. I'll delete them, no worries. A Guy
post #48 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 09:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
Since the Scat gets the 6 piston Brembos now, the T/A is even less different than from the Scat - basically an appearance package.

Wonder if T/As will be wide-bodies?

Are these ALL going to be wide-bodies? Or can you still get a narrow cat or scat?
For the last 2 years, dynamics package Scat Packs already had the 6 piston Brembo's.

----------------------------------------

post #49 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:04 AM

Far as I can tell......Scat Pack buyers are the big winners here.

The Current Hell Cat Wide body is as good as the new car and looks better too.

The highest end car with 797HP........that one will all depend on pricing. Will the 80HP be the modest up price or will be a deal breaker? Either way though sounds like a Demon for the masses. You gotta like that but I do wonder if Dodge will give it the Demon underpinnings or if it's still on the buyer to upgrade what is a very inadequate set of bushings in the back of our cars to handle this much HP without bouncing all over the road.

When pricing is released we'll know better if the 797HP version is the smart bet or if the standard issue Hell Cat is the way to go for your best buy in a WAY MORE than anyone can really say they need in the street car.

Gotta say it though.....at first look from a distance and incomplete info........that Scat Pack car is the one that looks like the BIG WINNER to me.

Love my '18 TA.......but if I'd waited and since no TA is available in '19.......I expect I'd have driven off in a new '19 Scat Pack for sure. I think they're gonna sell a CRAP LOAD of those cars!!
post #50 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:20 AM

I always smile when I hear those talking about FCA keeping the old body style...
I go out to the track and there are new Camaros and Mustangs...and where do the racers seem to migrate to and show their likes...My 2015 Challenger...

2015 SRT 392, A8, Sepia Laguna Leather
11.910 @ 113.89...1.698 60'...Sonoma Raceway - 30Mar19
____________________________________________________________ _________

It's all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back
- Mick Jagger
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack44 For This Useful Post:
Big Daddy's R/T (06-29-2018), VNT (06-30-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode