797 HP for new Hellcat Redeye, 717 HP for Hellcat - Page 6 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtrocker View Post
As someone who is planning on purchasing in the next few months, I was only looking at TA 392’s because of the sheer amount of Scat Packs out there. The new Widebody has put me back in the hunt for a Scatty. Decisions decisions...
If you want to be in something more rarely seen?

You might want to stick to your original plan. The TA is going away. So what is out there now is probably about all there ever will be.

As to the new Scat Pack?

What has caught your eye.......is gonna catch a lot of eyes and make for a CRAP LOAD of sales.

I'm betting this one model is going to be even MORE popular than the current really popular Sact Pack.

It's a car that looks the part almost exactly of the HELL CAT...and there a lot of people who buy it on that one thought alone.

Dodge sells it's Hell Cat, Demon and now the 797 ...what'd he call it? "Red eye"...... (stupid name but that's a whole other discussion)......as HALO Cars......too expensive and over the top really to ever be considered a value in the segment but still well worth it for Chrysler to build anyway.

For proof of that last statement I'd point to his statistics quoted in the video about having grown sales by 70% since the Challenger was reintroduced in 2008.

Dodge is selling a bunch more Challengers now than in those first years between 2008 and 2014.

I'd argue what's behind the bigger sales numbers growth a Chrysler is all about the HELL CAT and it's ability as a Halo Car to change the public perception of the Challenger as a GOOD LOOKING car but something of a DOG LAZY performer next to the Pony cars from Ford and Chevy.

In other threads people have noted the idea of so very many more '15 and up Challengers on the road vs the '08-14...... that's probably not just perception and it's no coincidence that a leap forward in sales happened in the year the Hell Cat was first introduced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack44 View Post
I always smile when I hear those talking about FCA keeping the old body style...
I go out to the track and there are new Camaros and Mustangs...and where do the racers seem to migrate to and show their likes...My 2015 Challenger...
Yeah, that's the 3 car beauty contest in action.

Ford was a serious competitor between 2005-2014......they ruined their Mustang in 2015 when they went with the Fusion on Steroids look.

Chevy? What to say about the brand I ran exclusively with for 30 years......(sigh)........pains me to say it but there is no denying it now. Chevrolet doesn't make a single car or truck that isn't, IMHO, .....FUGLY!!!

Even KICK ASS performance UNMATCHED by Ford or Chrysler in a ZL1 Camaro or ZR1 Corvette could get me into one of those cars now.

The Camaro has been just plain UGLY since 2009.......and that took REAL EFFORT to pull off too because the 1969 Camaro body style they choose for Retro influence is one cleanest and best looking cars anyone ever built.......how you include just enough so that everyone can say, "Yeah, I see it!".....yet still come away with a car this ugly......I figure this must be where all those redeployed rather than FIRED Pontiac Aztec design guys must have been deployed within GM in the years before the 2009 re-launch........from looks of the refresh recently......they're all still there and doing the same sort of UGLY to this day.
post #53 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:50 AM

Nice Aztec reference TA 392 Y...........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 SRT 392, A8, Sepia Laguna Leather
11.910 @ 113.89...1.698 60'...Sonoma Raceway - 30Mar19
____________________________________________________________ _________

It's all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back
- Mick Jagger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,887 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHiHemi View Post
I'm a huge MOPAR fan but when is FCA going to quit whoring out this 10+ year old and tired body style. How about hitting up the design team for some new and exiting ideas? Please, no more lipstick and bolt-ons. Maybe real flared fender wells for that much needed tire & wheel increase. Oh yea, go on a real diet too.
I don't think that there will be a redesigned Challenger. FCA made it clear that it is only interested in Jeeps and Dodge Ram trucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #55 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 05:34 PM

Thanked 3,753 Times in 2,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1GG5 View Post
So can you get adjustable suspension on the scat too?
The Widebody for sure will have it, not sure about standard Scat Packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
Since the Scat gets the 6 piston Brembos now, the T/A is even less different than from the Scat - basically an appearance package.

Wonder if T/As will be wide-bodies?

Are these ALL going to be wide-bodies? Or can you still get a narrow cat or scat?
T/A will not be available in Widebody, looks like carry over from 18. Standard Scat Pack is narrow body, Widebody is optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie K View Post
Are they still doing Shakers since the new Scats are using the current HC Hood?
Yes, Shakers still available 5.7L or 392.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
Bet the SRT will be back next year with the 426
Hope so!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
post #56 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 07:40 PM

Thanked 3,753 Times in 2,822 Posts
Ok looks like only Scat Pack WB will have the SRT 3-mode adjustable suspension, from FCA ...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
post #57 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 08:49 PM

Garage
And in other news I heard they're gonna throw the 392 in the Fiat 500! Man are the SRT and Scat Pack owners gonna be pissed! LOL!

Last edited by HDCowboy; 06-29-2018 at 08:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HDCowboy For This Useful Post:
Antagonist R/T (06-30-2018)
post #58 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,736 Times in 2,826 Posts
Garage
Chart says Scat Pack Optional/by Package

Adaptive *damping *SRT-*tuned *Bilstein *three-*mode: *Auto *Mode *=
sporty *but *compliant *ride;; *Sport *Mode *= *firm, *maximum *handling;;
Track *Mode *= *firm, *maximum *handling *plus *performance *shifting *and
gear-*holding *feature *(included *with *Widebody *Package)

2019_DG_Challenger_ChallengerSRT_FAfrpc8h346ic6k2fal9uv1ui1t4.pdf

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #59 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 06:26 PM

797 HP, Holy Crap. I want a Widebody RedEye Hellcat in Indigo Blue bad. I don't need TA 392 YJ telling me the add on flares are ugly, what I really need is Gary Ahouse telling me why I should be satisfied with my 16 Scat Pack that I really love. Damn Dodge, you do your job too well.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
Jazz Blue, Ruby Red Leather, A8, Scat Pack Appearance Group
Tazer, BT catch can, ported intake manifold, Hemifever Tune, Fastman 84mm TB.
SW mid pipes, Performance differential brace, BMR non adjustable trailing arms.
post #60 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19johned53 View Post
Follow me now, if you really want to be that way.

Since you're a Demon owner, how do you feel about the Demon engine technology and electronic performance items "trickling down" to the HC?
If your that happy about the Demon hood not being shared, then it's obvious that you're a little testy about the other little things being shared! LOL
Don't get me wrong, the Demon is a heck of a Challenger, but still a Dodge. FCA shares Dodge parts, oh, that's your point.

Sorry for the delayed response here, but I was a little busy on the next page at the time you posted up here and I totally missed it, until now. To answer your Demon question, I would be more than satisfied to do so. I believe that it is a positive move by Dodge to incorporate Demon technology in the 19 models on multiple fronts. First of which is going to be the availability of these parts in the future and performance minded company's coming up with new and improved performance packages due to the increased volume of these killer engines. Secondly, dealers will now have a greater volume of these engine packages to practice on and may have it figured out, if I am ever forced to pay them a visit in the future. The last and best reason that I approve all the above is the fact the my better half is now moving away from BMW and has her eye on the new Hellcat because of that new hood design with the duel inlets. Can't seem to get by without mentioning hoods here. She says that it looks cute with that hood on it. OK, that works for me. Now there are only two questions that remain here! Can I talk her into the red eye? Which I think I can and last but not least, since I do all the maintenance on the machines, will she let me drive it with the RED key?........ Later

HOT ROD ON
The Following User Says Thank You to DRAG CITY For This Useful Post:
19johned53 (06-30-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode