Another high speed Hellcat crash - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What a Shame

I live just a few minutes from the site. Not really a place to be going that fast. I actually just went through that spot this evening. The curve is a 40mph zone, and even has a sign showing a signalized intersection ahead. Very bad spot to be speeding like that. You can see the tire marks still on the road - very nearly took out a telephone pole to the right of the lane, then looks like overcorrection and straight into the field. Lots of folks doing a drive-by, checking out the scene. Really no chance for a good outcome for any driver doing that speed on that road.

Ordered: 3/19/15
VON: 3/25
VIN: 3/25
D1: 4/23
Paint: 4/29
Trim: 4/30
JB: 4/30
KZ: 5/28
Window Sticker available: 5/29
Delivered to Dealer: 6/4
Home: 6/4/15
Sold: 7/21/18
Ordered: '19 SPWB 6/13/19

Last edited by kstay203; 09-28-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonScat View Post
I would like to know the age of the driver.
He was in his 50's. WELL AWARE of the dangers of the road. It's sickening. My aunt was in the car. He will never be forgiven. What posessed him to drive over 100 miles past the speed limit will never be known. He took 3 innocent lives, one of which was my aunt. My moms sister, my grandparents first born, terrible.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieM23 View Post
He was in his 50's. WELL AWARE of the dangers of the road. It's sickening. My aunt was in the car. He will never be forgiven. What posessed him to drive over 100 miles past the speed limit will never be known. He took 3 innocent lives, one of which was my aunt. My moms sister, my grandparents first born, terrible.

I am VERY sorry for your loss. I will pray for their Souls at Church in a few minutes. She was truly innocent, probably in trapped in the back seat of a death ride of an idiot. The we were given free will, a shame what some people do with it...
May she be seated at the seat our Lord prepared for her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Challenger Scat Pack, Billet Silver, A-8, Katzkin leather, Heated Vented seats W/ Heated Wheel, Convenience pkg., Harmon Kardon, WRT wheels, Nav. tinted windows, Modern R/T hood emblem, Tail band, Sunroof, UPR catch can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Honestly? Thank goodness for the tree or it would have sliced right through that house. A
Guy

Unfortunately it still did damage to his home. It's a shame the driver was so careless. Now a year later we get to partake in a memorial rather than a 50th birthday party.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver scat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieM23 View Post

I am VERY sorry for your loss. I will pray for their Souls at Church in a few minutes. She was truly innocent, probably in trapped in the back seat of a death ride of an idiot. The we were given free will, a shame what some people do with it...
May she be seated at the seat our Lord prepared for her.
Thank you so much. She was in the back seat, along with a good friend of hers. We've heard over the last few months about his reputation. My aunt, and the other passengers, would have never gotten in that car if they knew the outcome of that day. People residing in the area have mentioned he was careless in the car, disrespectful and only out for speed.

It's supposedly known that when his tire went off the side of the road he hit the gas rather than letting off and trying to correct it. Whether that's true we will never know. I just wish they never got in the car, his stupidity has now affected hundreds of people due to a lossed loved one
The Following User Says Thank You to NatalieM23 For This Useful Post:
Lee955i (09-25-2018)
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehrn View Post
I know that road and I know that corner (curve is an understatement) and I wouldn't want to take it in an indy car at 120.
No corner visible in the aerial shot. The car left the road on a straight portion. Odd.

2009 Torred DODGE Challenger SRT8 6-speed (traded in).
2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible 6spd manual (traded in)
2016 Challenger Hellcat Auto
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:09 AM

Garage
Alcohol involved? Or just stupidity?

K-DAWG
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Alcohol involved? Or just stupidity?
The toxicology report stated there was no alcohol involved. None of them had been drinking. It was pure stupidity on his behalf.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehrn View Post
I know that road and I know that corner (curve is an understatement) and I wouldn't want to take it in an indy car at 120.
No corner visible in the aerial shot. The car left the road on a straight portion. Odd.
We went to the site today to put flowers where the tree had been that they hit. The road has a turn a little ways away and a straight path. They traveled far on the straight path so it may look like it was a straight path but it wasn't.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,708 Times in 2,807 Posts
Garage
My condolences regardless

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode