Anyone ride in a Hellcat?? Your thoughts?? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Anyone ride in a Hellcat?? Your thoughts??

Rode in a Hellcat for the first time - it was awesome. But it wasn't so fast that I was that impressed. Thinking I need to drive one to fully appreciate it. I then let the owner drive mine, he couldn't believe how fast it was - he was thoroughly impressed. I think he was more impressed with mine than I was with his.

Anyone else have this experience?? Or am I just looney and deraigned? Don't get me wrong, I'd take a Hellcat in a minute but I think I expected a little more that's all.

2015 Scatpack 392 M6
Black/black
Stainless Works LT Headers
High flow cats
Resonator delete
274 Comp Cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
HHP Tune
Mopar CAI
Mopar front/rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix SS eliminator
Black lug nuts with Hellcat center caps
Mopar Performance Lowering Springs
Hellcat ram air intake
Hellcat red start button
275 Nittos
Heated/Ventilated seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clevetown For This Useful Post:
Dub (10-01-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevetown View Post
Rode in a Hellcat for the first time - it was awesome. But it wasn't so fast that I was that impressed. Thinking I need to drive one to fully appreciate it. I then let the owner drive mine, he couldn't believe how fast it was - he was thoroughly impressed. I think he was more impressed with mine than I was with his.

Anyone else have this experience?? Or am I just looney and deraigned? Don't get me wrong, I'd take a Hellcat in a minute but I think I expected a little more that's all.

Are you saying your modded Scat Pack is faster than a Hellcat?

What kind of dyno numbers or track times is your SP running?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
** 2018 SRT 392 Durango **

Sold But Not Forgotten:
2016 Challenger Hellcat
2012 Shelby GT500
2005 Dodge Ram Daytona 4x4
2003 Cobra
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky View Post
Are you saying your modded Scat Pack is faster than a Hellcat?

What kind of dyno numbers or track times is your SP running?
Not a chance. No way. Read what I wrote - I just expected maybe too much that's all. And I do think the Hellcat really kicks in (supercharger) at speeds around 70 and up. You own one - is that true about the supercharger??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevetown View Post
Not a chance. No way. Read what I wrote - I just expected maybe too much that's all. And I do think the Hellcat really kicks in (supercharger) at speeds around 70 and up. You own one - is that true about the supercharger??

Ok, I just did not know what kind of power your modded SP was putting out.

There is a BIG difference in how the Hellcat feels in how you set up your Custom Mode and what kind of rear tires you are running.

In order to feel the FULL potential of the Hellcat you need to run it in Sport Mode with a good set of wide sticky rear tires and know how to drive the car.

Many Hellcat owners run around in street mode with OEM 275 street tires on the rear then wonder why the car does not feel that fast.

The torque comes on quick with the twin screw supercharger. No need to be at 70 mph or more.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Booky For This Useful Post:
Jack44 (06-28-2018), jakoye23 (07-08-2018), Klink (07-05-2018)
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Ok, I just did not know what kind of power your modded SP was putting out.

There is a BIG difference in how the Hellcat feels in how you set up your Custom Mode and what kind of rear tires you are running.

In order to feel the FULL potential of the Hellcat you need to run it in Sport Mode with a good set of wide sticky rear tires and know how to drive the car.

Many Hellcat owners run around in street mode with OEM 275 street tires on the rear then wonder why the car does not feel that fast.

The torque comes on quick with the twin screw supercharger. No need to be at 70 mph or more.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Going To Get Some Groceries In The Hellcat - YouTube
This is what happened to me with the vortech C6 I had. The car would rip the tires off in just about any gear on the street. I got beat in every race. It felt slow because all the power was so unusable. Then I got to the track with it on a set of DRs. The car wanted to pull your head off and I was able to trap 135 while peddling it in 1,2 and some of 3. Traction really can change your prospective Got a wake up with my Scat A8 too when I was able to best my 4.7 0-60 with a 3.6 0-60 on my new MT ET Street Rs.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:43 AM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Could it be your butt dyno is fooling you?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...un-and-profit/

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
This is what happened to me with the vortech C6 I had. The car would rip the tires off in just about any gear on the street. I got beat in every race. It felt slow because all the power was so unusable. Then I got to the track with it on a set of DRs. The car wanted to pull your head off and I was able to trap 135 while peddling it in 1,2 and some of 3. Traction really can change your prospective Got a wake up with my Scat A8 too when I was able to best my 4.7 0-60 with a 3.6 0-60 on my new MT ET Street Rs.

Are those 18" or 20" MT ET Street R's?

I have been thinking about getting an extra set of 18" wheels and wrap them in 305/45/18 MT ET Rs for weekend fun on the street.

My Toyo 20" R888R's do go good, but I think the 18" R's would be a neck snapper. lol
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Are those 18" or 20" MT ET Street R's?

I have been thinking about getting an extra set of 18" wheels and wrap them in 305/45/18 MT ET Rs for weekend fun on the street.

My Toyo 20" R888R's do go good, but I think the 18" R's would be a neck snapper. lol
18"s. They are the bravado wheels/MT package that everyone buys for these cars. They rock.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,209 Times in 2,046 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Bigred's room mate is a Go Mango Kitty Cat......and its a friggin blast to drive, didn't realize how great it is until I drove home an older ZR1 supercharged Vet.....
Luke

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:42 PM

Garage
I've driven my friend's 2017 Hellcat and it's amazing for the most part. If you're comparing to a SRT or Scat Pack I can see why some will not notice too much difference especially for 212+HP. Don't get me wrong, you definitely feel the power difference but as some has mentioned, you'll not going to get the full affect until you switch wheels/tires. With stock tires, you really can't put the HP to the ground effectively and again why some have said what they said.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode