Anyone ride in a Hellcat?? Your thoughts?? - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 03:34 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car has full power day one/mile one. There is no magical hp limiter for first 500 miles

2018 Billet Silver Challenger 392 T/A M6
Former: 2015 TorRed Challenger HELLCAT A8 #25 HC built
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 11:44 AM

Hellcat vs. 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevetown View Post
Not a chance. No way. Read what I wrote - I just expected maybe too much that's all. And I do think the Hellcat really kicks in (supercharger) at speeds around 70 and up. You own one - is that true about the supercharger??
I drove a Hellcat with a black key (they wanted another $120 a day for the red key at Bob Bondurant and I wanted to drive something close to my car, but they didn't have an SRT with a M6). In three days going up against Hellcats which were not limited, I have to say that the only time a difference was definitely there was on the long straightaway on the road course. But the M6 was a factor there too. Everyone else had an A8. I estimate they were probably hitting 120-130 mph and I was hitting more like 110 mph. Beyond that, I'd have to say my impression was that it didn't feel quite as quick as my SRT at home (again, with the black key, which limited it to 500hp), but part of that feeling might have been that I was learning to be confident in the car at speed and I wasn't used to flogging my car like that, so that was in play too.

Bob
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why2kmax View Post
Car has full power day one/mile one. There is no magical hp limiter for first 500 miles
Mine is a 2018 and full 707 power was limited until I reached 500 miles. Many of the options, settings and goodies in SRT Mode were not even available until I reached the 500 mile mark on the odometer. Dodge has made this change with the newer HC cars so that people don't drive the car off the lot and kill themselves.

2010 PCP Dodge Challenger RT Classic -TRADED
2014 Torred Dodge Challenger RT Shaker #1253 -GONE

2018 Torred SRT Challenger Hellcat
this should be it for a while...

"Beyond the Palace, Hemi powered drones scream down the boulevard......"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveHiToMe View Post
Did you really just compare a near $3 million dollar car to a $60ish k car? "shooting that 22 rifle was cool and all, but man, that 50 cal is way more impressive." WELL, NO SHIT, SHERLOCK. lol good stuff, Thanks! I am jealous you have ridden in a Bugatti, though.

I was going to do a multi quote with your post and the post below yours, but I couldn't get it to work. I know the Bugatti is off topic and in a different class, but that and the Hellcat is something totally different together when compared to the car I usually drive (a 2004 Chrysler 300M Special with 260,000 miles on it.) One day though; I really want to get a B5 blue SRT blackout package with the double black strips along the length of the car. I know I'd be more than happy to drive that around!

Current car...Chrysler 300M Special
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Back in the late 90s I spent a summer as the hype man at a Tijuana donkey show, and one night I got ahold of some bad peyote and didn’t come out of it until three days later. But here’s the kicker: when I did, I woke up in a new Bugatti!

I was going to write a song about it, but I heard somebody else already had a song about that, so I didn’t bother...

Again off topic but, here's a video with three of his cars. He still has the SLR, but not the other two. Though he did have the Bugatti for a number of years and only had the Aventador for a very short time as there was a lot of problems with that.
I'm not in the video, but your welcome to look at my pictures of the Bugatti and a AMG he once had. www.Ltime.pro then click on "New Car Fever."

Still looking to get the B5 blue SRT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode