anyone who races some regret buying the m6 - Page 6 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:13 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto is the way to go if you live in the City......if, like me, you live rural it's impossible to find enough to like in the disconnect that out weights the fun of a Manual and rowing the gears yourself.

Auto is Faster?

hey, If you say so but I'm not so sure it's true in a car with less than the Hell Cat's difficult to launch 700+ horsepower.

In the end though it really doesn't "bump me" someone or something else is always faster regardless of what you're driving at the time.

I can't make a SOLID case for any modern challenger as my first choice for a Drag strip car anyway. Something older is easier and cheaper to work on and build for a faster 1/4 mile time slip.

This is a STREET CAR..... IMO you want to relieve yourself of the tediousness of having to work a clutch in traffic or you want to experience an actual DRIVING experience rather than just riding as the transmission makes the shifts for you.

Depending on where you do the majority of your driving should make the choice clear most every-time.......it does for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,413 Times in 2,610 Posts
Garage
Remember, if you get an automatic...

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #53 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,161 Times in 2,017 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post

Fez-YOU ARE NOT A MAN - YouTube

A Guy
lmao

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
got a good deal on a 2019 a8 scat so went that way

New Ride
2019 Challenger Scat Pack A8

old ride
2016 Scat Pack 6 speed
Hellcat air intake with aem dry filter
Hurst handle and ball kit
post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post

Fez-YOU ARE NOT A MAN - YouTube

A Guy
Actually, *real* men ride horses and don't need no stinkin' transmission at all! ;-)
post #56 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:24 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Actually, *real* men ride horses and don't need no stinkin' transmission at all! ;-)
I thought cow"boys" ride horses, real men ride bulls.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChallyTatum For This Useful Post:
John Matthews (03-27-2019), jtrosky (03-26-2019), trippytro (03-26-2019)
post #57 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallyTatum View Post
I thought cow"boys" ride horses, real men ride bulls.

I wouldn't get on a bull unless my kids where set for life

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #58 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:29 PM

Have you guys even driven an A8?

Not disputing, just asking.
I honestly would like to have a manual at times, but then I just put the stick in manual and use the paddle shifters.
Not quite the same but I'm sure the neighbors don't know the difference.
Also, I can't imagine rowing a boat across the Columbia river bar or even sailing!
Iron men and wooden boats!
I love improvements in science and technology. And my fiberglass ocean boat with radar,auto pilot, GPS, fuel flow meter, duo prop, and my A8!

2019 wide body Scat
Foot print gas pedal ( just kidding)
The Following User Says Thank You to Decay For This Useful Post:
Fawls (03-29-2019)
post #59 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:50 AM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decay View Post

I honestly would like to have a manual at times, but then I just put the stick in manual and use the paddle shifters.
Also, I can't imagine rowing a boat across the Columbia river bar or even sailing!
I love improvements in science and technology. And my fiberglass ocean boat with radar,auto pilot, GPS, fuel flow meter, duo prop, and my A8!
Yes but I prefer the "mechanical" driving experience of a manual. I am sure they can make automatic trans motorcycles but I would not drive one...would suck the fun out of cruising down the road.

Now if I was going to race (like the post title suggests) I would have gone with the A8 (not only do they shift quick but they are way easier too launch without a smoke show) but I don't race. Great thing about the M6 is when someone asks "can I drive it" I just say it is a stick and the usual response is "oh, I don't know how to drive stick".

BTW if I asked if anyone has tried an M6 I would guess a lot would say no as they are not as widely available...at least in my area. There was only 1 manual with the trim and features out of 5 and within 100 miles from my house.

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 03-30-2019 at 05:53 AM.
post #60 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decay View Post

I'm not sure if you realize it but you just stepped into a conundrum with that argument.

You seem to be cherry picking your argument while ignoring the obvious problem.

If "modern" and "improvement" are the bar you set........how did you ever end up in a car like the Challenger anyway.

Today AWD, lighter and just all the way around big improvement in design is available elsewhere. Many other models score far better when compared to the Challenger on the Criteria you're pointing too as an argument for the A8 over the manual.

My guess is you picked a Challenger because there are lots of Retro features that trumped out right efficiency and improvement available in other car choices....... well take that just one small step farther and you get to a place that those of us who insist on the Manual are at.

Rowing the gears......sure it's not as efficient but it's too big a part of the throw back experience for many of us to go without.

If I wanted or prioritized the argument you're making for the A8 I would have bought a more thoroughly modern car than a car that attempts such a big effort at reviving the past for the modern world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode