Hellcat- 197 MPH During NC Street Race - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Hellcat- 197 MPH During NC Street Race

Certified idiot!

Yeah, let's drive 200 mph and post the evidence online for all to see!

Car Hit 197 MPH During NC Street Race, Troopers Say
News outlets report that the North Carolina State Highway Patrol arrested 22-year-old William Oliver Jefferson on Aug. 7, after a complaint pointed them toward a Facebook video that captured the speedometer.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...216798120.html

2016 Scat Pack - M6 - B5 Blue - SPAG - Leather Interior Group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,886 Posts
Garage
Hellcat Driver Arrested for Doing 198 mph.

The driver of a Hellcat was arrested and faces charges of street racing, careless driving and reckless driving.

Besides his dangerous speeding, his dumb passenger filmed the entire thing and it is being used as evidence against him.

Also, another question comes to mind...how can a 22-year old afford a $60K car?

North Carolina police arrest 198 mph 'Hellcat' speeder seen in Facebook video | Fox News

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:23 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
When I was younger I used to do stupid stuff like that but at that time my corolla could barely hit 95mph...and that was downhill.

It's times like these I think, "what would Ice Cube say?!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ice.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	928281  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 07:10 PM

Wow, so much can go wrong with no margin for error at that kind of speed. Just crazy.

Living my life....one quarter mile at a time
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,708 Times in 2,807 Posts
Garage
Any mechanical issue, animal, etc. and there wouldn't be enough car to collect. A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 11:35 PM

Garage
My wife saw this while in bed last night. That is just up the road from where I live in NC. Well when I get back again from Germany. What an idiot.... my wife and I said the same thing, regarding how a 22 year old could afford a car like that. Hmmmm...... Could b parents or who knows what. A couple years ago I was buying a case of beer and the family in front of me was paying with food stamps. After I paid and walked out side to my truck they were loading their full grocery cart and 4 kids into a brand new SRT Cherokee (15 or 16 model). Yet they just paid with food stamps??? Anyhow, who knows ho people afford the things they do? Rhetorical......

Either way lock his @$$ up for a while!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 Challenger SRT8-Airaid CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Zoomers Cat-Back Exhaust, Mopar Stage 1 Lowering Springs, BT Catch Can, BT under hood dress up kit, Petty’s Garage Front & Rear Sway bar, Petty’s Garage bolt on Sub-Frame Connectors, SX/Razors Edge Front & Rear End Links, SX Rear Tension Arms, SX Front & Rear strut/shock tower braces, Diablo 93 canned tune, Nitto 555G2 (summer)/Motivos (winter)
2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 5.7L-Airaid CAI, Eibach rear 3” lowering springs

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 PM

Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,699 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
The driver of a Hellcat was arrested and faces charges of street racing, careless driving and reckless driving.

Besides his dangerous speeding, his dumb passenger filmed the entire thing and it is being used as evidence against him.

Also, another question comes to mind...how can a 22-year old afford a $60K car?

North Carolina police arrest 198 mph 'Hellcat' speeder seen in Facebook video | Fox News

"Daddy"

The Past: 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T "Classic" RIP Old Buddy 6/4/15

The Present: 2016 R/T Scat Pack. Factory Options: B5 Blue, 24G Package(A8), WRT Wheels, and Modern R/T Hood Stripe. Engine HP Mods: None Needed. HC Air Box/Tube; DIPs Screen; BT Catch Can; Mopar front Brace;"TA" style side stripes; Mopar '10 Center Caps
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,886 Posts
Garage
It's a shame, but idiots like this create the impression that high performance cars are a danger to society and should be banned.

At a speed of 198 mph, there is no margin for error. He could have easily lost control and killed both himself and his passenger. Also, what if he encountered another car on the road?

This reminds me of an incident that happened to my son's father and mother-in-law. They were driving home from Philadelphia International Airport at 1:00 AM when they encountered two "ricers" street racing. One hit their SUV on the side and flipped it. Luckily, they escaped with minor injuries but it could have been much worse. The ricer that hit them crashed into the concrete medial barrier and was killed. The other driver tested positive for marijuana.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
It's a shame, but idiots like this create the impression that high performance cars are a danger to society and should be banned.

At a speed of 198 mph, there is no margin for error. He could have easily lost control and killed both himself and his passenger. Also, what if he encountered another car on the road?

This reminds me of an incident that happened to my son's father and mother-in-law. They were driving home from Philadelphia International Airport at 1:00 AM when they encountered two "ricers" street racing. One hit their SUV on the side and flipped it. Luckily, they escaped with minor injuries but it could have been much worse. The ricer that hit them crashed into the concrete medial barrier and was killed. The other driver tested positive for marijuana.
The tough part is still coming.

It's not even THAT BAD yet.

Someone wrote the commentary a few years ago when the Hell Cats first hit the streets. I wanted to call it non-sense.......but it really did have a logic to it that is hard to deny.

In late 2014 or early 2015 a new Hell Cat sets you back full MSRP......a pretty tidy sun for a car that is really just a $40,000 every mans car with a 50-70% mark up for a crazy high HP engine.

The author went on to speculate that "kids" and irresponsible owners would not be at all common in those first couple of years. More typical would be the older buyer who wants to have the bragging rights and a worthy car show piece that will always be a contender for most power when he pulls in. He might take his prize to the drag strip or even do some overly enthusiastic use on a deserted two lane black top.....but he's older, established and not dumb enough to forget the consequences of a foolish display of power and how much that could screw with his "nice life" he's built.

Trouble is on the horizon the writer suggested though.

What happens when as Detroit and all car makers do what they do?

At some point the new cars will be calling again........when those original buyers start unloading their expensive new Hell Cats for what-ever new shiny thing catches their eye.......these cars will go for prices that are far more within reach of the buyer who is younger and far less likely to treat the car with the respect for it's potential to go "0- jail" in mere seconds.

I don't know what year the car this "kid" was driving is.........but regardless......this story looks like a pretty good example of how this works and what is coming as those original Hell Cats are now within reach of virtually anyone with a job and ability to get a used car loan.

I'm thinking we'll be seeing more stories like this over time.........since 2010 the number of cars with more 400HP has just exploded. The Hell Cat may be one of the more extreme examples but really.......how many kids do you know that can show the correct level of restraint and responsibility on the street when driving a RWD car that torch it's tires and skate all over the street at will?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 07:17 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode