Hellcat- 197 MPH During NC Street Race - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 07:34 AM

Thanked 4,370 Times in 2,879 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Actually it was 198
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp392 View Post
Actually it was 198
Does it really matter?

Speed is secondary to the real problem, as I see it. A display of speed this excessive on a public roadway posted to the internet along with his face?

MORON!!!

A guy this stupid and looking for recognition and bragging rights is bound to kill someone at some point and even if his luck holds such that he isn't in THAT ACCIDENT his postings will likely inspire other idiots......why wait for that to happen?

The need to make an example if him seems like the priority to me. Take the license and maybe some jail time to enforce the point seems appropriate for this extreme level of STUPID!!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:56 AM

Well its good they got him however I really doubt it actually went 198. The fastest it showed in the clip was 185. The top speed section shows how fast the car ever went. The dyno at the factory runs those cars to 198. Even though 185 is way way faster then they should have gone, the reason nobody trusts the news anymore is the total lack integrity. To me they should have just said 185 and kept the news factual instead of showing a screen that is propaganda just to make less intelligent people believe he was absolutely positively going faster than 185 when its more likely the top speed was set at the factory during the dyno run. I know this for a fact as my 5.7 states the cars top speed was 154. It read 154 when I drove it off the lot with 21 miles on. When I took it to the track the other weekend after slightly more than half a mile the fastest it read was 125. I believe that on a dyno it may be capable of 154 but on the street with wind resistance and altitude about 140ish is the fastest the 5.7 can go. Dodge states the hellcat top speed is wind limited to 199, to say they drove it on an interstate for a long enough distance to actually get it to 198 also seems highly unlikely as that would have been miles+ most street races dont last more that a mile or 15-20 seconds if they are shown on 1320 or that other popular youtube channel.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 05:48 AM

Garage
I know that stretch of road. Younger me had a much different opinion on how to use it than current me does. When people talk about "Mexico", that's part of the "country" of "Mexico" in this area.

Still stupid. Still even more stupid to film and post it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hellcat
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 07:06 AM

Garage
His mugshot photo is priceless. He has that "WTF just happened?" look on his face. Dude's about as sharp as a pound of wet liver. This generation has to be the DUMBEST ever. Not only do they do stupid things, like drive 198 MPH, eat Tide Pods a snort condoms, they film themselves doing it and post it for the world to see exactly how stupid they are.

Now everyone of us has found themselves involved in some youthful hijinx that may or may not have started with a 6-pack of Malt Duck and a ill-conceived bet around the campfire, but, by God, when said stupid activity took place, you sure as hell were glad that nobody saw it or filmed it, and the fact that it ever happened at all is subject to the enthusiasm and veracity of the story teller compared to the perpetrator's version which is normally "It never happened".

K-DAWG
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 08:55 AM

I think someone photoshopped and edited the video to make it appear like he was speeding. Im sure he didn't break any laws, as their were no witnesses.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duna4791 View Post
I think someone photoshopped and edited the video to make it appear like he was speeding. Im sure he didn't break any laws, as their were no witnesses.
You must have missed the part of the video where all the guys on the interstate were jumping up and down and hooting and hollering? LOL

Ron
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedfedbug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duna4791 View Post
You must have missed the part of the video where all the guys on the interstate were jumping up and down and hooting and hollering? LOL

Ron
bribed and paid extras for the video altering..... nothing to see here, move along
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:35 AM

Doesnt he kw y people on youtube always make they say they did pass the speed limit even when they do lmao
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 12:58 PM

How many years ago did the high powered motorcycles start breaking 200 mph on the highways? Not much said about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode