Hellcat- 197 MPH During NC Street Race - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 02:26 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
How many years ago did the high powered motorcycles start breaking 200 mph on the highways? Not much said about that.
Yeah....that's because when the shit-for-brains wrecks his bike at 200 MPH he ends up road pizza and his bike disintegrates. Even a direct hit on a car probably results in minor injuries to them. When low-life street racers wreck their 4200 lb cars at that speed, everyone in the other car dies.

K-DAWG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:02 AM

Why make cars that go 175+ mph if the owner never wants to ever use it. Don't know the maximum speed limit in say a big, open state like Texas but maybe a 100+ mph run would be done quite often by any of us if we lived there. Wonder why these types of cars are not "geared" to say a max 120 mph and have the manufactures work on their 0 to 60 (or 100) times instead?

When I think of all the good times that I've wasted having good times.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst Oswald View Post
Why make cars that go 175+ mph if the owner never wants to ever use it. Don't know the maximum speed limit in say a big, open state like Texas but maybe a 100+ mph run would be done quite often by any of us if we lived there. Wonder why these types of cars are not "geared" to say a max 120 mph and have the manufactures work on their 0 to 60 (or 100) times instead?
Nothing wrong with a car that goes 197, but doing it on a public road, endangering the lives of others, is the crime here. If owners want to drive their cars at those speed, it needs to be done at facilities and locations designed and designated for such activities. Race tracks, drag strips, closed private aircraft runways, etc....

Street racers are a scourge and give all gear-heads a bad name. They should be punished by only being allowed to drive Prius's the rest of their lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 04:35 PM

I had a friend who drove 219mph on the freeway
a while back.

Current car...Chrysler 300M Special
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,782 Times in 2,861 Posts
Garage
More money than brains...

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 07:22 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
That is a lot of energy if things go wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 07:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedfedbug View Post
Well its good they got him however I really doubt it actually went 198. The fastest it showed in the clip was 185. The top speed section shows how fast the car ever went. The dyno at the factory runs those cars to 198. Even though 185 is way way faster then they should have gone, the reason nobody trusts the news anymore is the total lack integrity. To me they should have just said 185 and kept the news factual instead of showing a screen that is propaganda just to make less intelligent people believe he was absolutely positively going faster than 185 when its more likely the top speed was set at the factory during the dyno run. I know this for a fact as my 5.7 states the cars top speed was 154. It read 154 when I drove it off the lot with 21 miles on. When I took it to the track the other weekend after slightly more than half a mile the fastest it read was 125. I believe that on a dyno it may be capable of 154 but on the street with wind resistance and altitude about 140ish is the fastest the 5.7 can go. Dodge states the hellcat top speed is wind limited to 199, to say they drove it on an interstate for a long enough distance to actually get it to 198 also seems highly unlikely as that would have been miles+ most street races dont last more that a mile or 15-20 seconds if they are shown on 1320 or that other popular youtube channel.

Ron
He did hit 198. The whole video is on youtube.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 SRT Hellcat 6M Sublime Green
McLeod RX 1200 clutch - Eibach Pro Kit - Nitto NT555 G2 275/295 - Powerstop Z26 pads - Skip shift eliminator - M-FER active exhaust mod - Hash stripe kit - badge mods - powder coated stock rims

2015 SRT 392 — SOLD

2011 SRT8 GWE 6sped - SOLD

2013 R/T Plus - SOLD

2013 SXT Plus - SOLD
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Yeah....that's because when the shit-for-brains wrecks his bike at 200 MPH he ends up road pizza and his bike disintegrates. Even a direct hit on a car probably results in minor injuries to them. When low-life street racers wreck their 4200 lb cars at that speed, everyone in the other car dies.
I have seen a minivan essentially split in two by a motorcycle. 600 pounds at a 100 plus miles an hour is a missle.

2012 SRT automatic, PB 12.0490 with DR, then 11.56 with 5.5psi magnuson Sold
2017 hellcat A8 stock, 10.86 with DR's
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Premium Member

When the wife and I would go out of town I used to hide our car keys...........very tempting for a Teen.

"If the PC game is called "FINAL Fantasy" why are there 15 versions of it??"

PAST PLEASURES......
2014 Bilitt Silver Rallye Redline
2016 Jazz Blue Purple Stripe SXT PLUS

CURRENT RIDE....
2018 Torred R/T
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Oooh boy is that accurate. I know someone who just did this a couple months ago on a bike. I don't know exactly how fast he was going but a witness said he was going 70 on his bike and mr. shit-for-brains flew past him like he was standing still. When the witness came up around the corner where the traffic was at a dead stop, dumbshit and his bike were stuffed under the bumper of a truck.

He was always an idiot but its hard to feel bad for people who are that reckless. Just glad he didn't take out anyone else when he went.

2008 Challenger SRT8 #1275 "Lucy" ~ Dodging cops since 7/14/08. Black chrome wheels * 20/35 tint * Predator * Mopar CAI * Splash guards * Magnaflow catback * Mopar T shift handle * Chrome sill guards & racing pedals * Custom nose badge.

No, it's not my man's car... you sexist pig!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode