Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat with Sunroof Production Begins Today

8K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  Redboots 
#1 ·
Today, June 29, was the scheduled start build day of the first production sunroof equipped Hellcats, let's hope no issues and we start seeing some soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Looks like ONTHEFENCE is right, no option to build an automatic on-line...

#10 ·
Originally I wanted to order my car with with the Sepia/Black interior, brass monkey wheels, and sunroof. All 3 were restricted as 'Delayed Availability' by Dodge. When the Sepia and BM wheels became available, my dealer simply updated my order and I was issued a new POC with the same VON. That never happened with the sunroof. It stayed 'delayed availability' right up until 2015 ordering closed. Which is why I don't understand which orders could possibly be getting the roofs now. Now it's starting all over with the MY16 orders, 2 new colors but both supposedly are 'delayed availability'. Why even announce it? It's like 'One Flew Over the CooCoo's Nest' with FCA.

#12 ·
Again, according to my dealer, the ordering system would not alloy you to select the item while the restrictions were in place. All you could do was wait for them to lift the restriction, and then update the order. I'm going to ask my dealer to try one more time since they are actually producing the cars with sunroofs now, I think (can someone actually confirm that?) and see what happens.

#17 ·
Did it look any different from previous model year sunroofs?

#20 ·
Somebody should ping ResumeSpeed or Brampton Builder, they would know.

#21 ·
I kind of lost track. Was the sunroof redesigned or was there a shortage? I can't remember if it was ever confirmed if the sunroof was unavailable due to it lifting off at speed.

#26 · (Edited)
IIRC, that was the issue - with the higher top speed capable in the Hellcat (lift would happen on 6.1 / 6.4 equipped models at really high speeds) it might be redesigned to "park" the sliding panel more securely to preclude lift @ Vmax.

#23 ·
I think I read that the first week they only built one car. Not sure if there was any redesign or issue. There was a Granite Crystal Sunroof Cat for sale in Michigan a couple weeks ago, other than that, haven't heard much about it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#24 ·
I asked RS if the auto transmission and sunroof would be available when the 2016 ordering opens up and his answer was YES.

#29 ·
As far as I know, and typical of FCA / Dodge, there has never been any reason given for no sunroofs. All kinds of conjecture, roofs blowing open, body flex, supplier problems, but never any reason for the hold on them. When they finally supposedly released them for production in June, you still can't get one on a US car. Area rep. for my dealer said the car would get bumped from 'D' status if a sunroof was added two weeks ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.