Hypothetical Value Question - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
All,

I really listened to everyone who chimed in on this thread. Great thoughts, practical thoughts, dreamy thoughts...and the shared awareness that as we get older life does seem much too short.

After a LOT of thought, and a just completed two weeks of email solicitations to 10 dealerships asking for offers on the three models, yesterday I ordered a Red Eye Wide Body in Plum Crazy livery. It will have all the options except the sun roof and the technology package (which on the Red Eye only buys rain sensing windshield wipers and auto bright/dimming headlights). It will have black laguna leather seats.

My wife is excited too - in high school she innocently bought a used General Lee - the 1969 Charger in the Dukes of Hazzard show, and later a used Z-28. She got pulled over with her girlfriend 10 minutes after buying that Z-28. The officer said, "Let me guess...you just bought this car, right?" And he kindly gave her a warning.

I guess I'll find out if that warning stuck!

Thanks again for all the advice and know-how. This is a long deferred dream car. YOLO.

Finface

Last edited by Finface; 03-09-2019 at 05:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Finface For This Useful Post:
jbitter (03-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:11 PM

Awesome news and a great choice. Can't wait to see pics when you get it. Take it easy at first, these 392's have addicting power. On the way to work this morning I got up to triple illegal speeds on the highway before I knew it. Fortunately I didn't see another car, but you never know when the man is hiding just around the bend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocket Man For This Useful Post:
Finface (03-09-2019)
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Sorry, just re-read your post and saw Redeye, not Scat Pack. Now I'm really jealous. The advice goes double now.
Make sure you go to a track to check out the 200+ top end and not the highway. Do as I say, not as I do
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocket Man For This Useful Post:
Finface (03-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:24 PM

Garage
Congrats brother! Send picks when arrives. I think you made the right choice. If you can afford the hp then go for it !

I’d rather die while I’m living than live while I’m dead
The Following User Says Thank You to jbitter For This Useful Post:
Finface (03-09-2019)
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, Rocket Man and jbitter. Your comments about depreciation and ROI on the topic I started this thread about, and those of others with experience with high HP cars who said if I could swing it do, helped me think of the expense less in terms of an investment and way more in terms of enjoying my life. We'll keep it safe and sane.

There was one YouTube video in particular that helped my wife and me decide (but a whole lot were informative and entertaining!) that we could have the Red Eye and avoid crashing it (drive it all the time in Valet mode??). The Edmonds.com review with a woman named Elena doing the talking and driving. We do have an eighth of a mile drag strip that runs on Saturday nights only 2 miles away so maybe we'll just go fun down that track someday. Not to really race, but just to legally hit it and top out over 90 maybe? I don't know what a top speed might be for a Hellcat on an eighth of a mile track.

I will post some photos when the car arrives. I live 1,100 feet down a long gravel lane and so some paint protective film in vulnerable areas and mud guards are a must and I'll get that done right away.

I saw someone say 7 weeks from ordering to delivery for their car on the forum today. That would be great!

Best,

Finface
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decay View Post
I have scrimped and saved and worked my ass off and I finally said WTF!!! It's my Time!! Just my opinion but I have had so much fun with this car and I haven't even had it thru track season yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimec View Post
s YOU GO GUY!!!!!!! That's what I'm talkin bout
Finface, I'm with the two guys quoted above. You and your wife enjoy the heck out of that Red Eye. I've had several very fast cars in my life. Also had a '16 Challenger Hellcat and traded it in on a '18 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Don't be overthinking investment - depreciation - what you could have done with the money, etc. When you get the car enjoy it and don't keep overthinking it. My Hellcat and Trackhawk have brought me countless smiles. I've had the Trackhawk for a year and still haven't looked at the miles-per-gallon screen. When cycling through the screens I pass that one quickly because I don't want to see (lol).

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy it !!!
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico View Post
Finface, I'm with the two guys quoted above. You and your wife enjoy the heck out of that Red Eye. I've had several very fast cars in my life. Also had a '16 Challenger Hellcat and traded it in on a '18 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Don't be overthinking investment - depreciation - what you could have done with the money, etc. When you get the car enjoy it and don't keep overthinking it. My Hellcat and Trackhawk have brought me countless smiles. I've had the Trackhawk for a year and still haven't looked at the miles-per-gallon screen. When cycling through the screens I pass that one quickly because I don't want to see (lol).

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy it !!!
Amen Brother! Nice car, you won't regret it one second!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode