What oil temperatures are you seeing in your Hellcat? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
What oil temperatures are you seeing in your Hellcat?

Never really paid attention to this but I was driving my Cat the other day with the oil temp gauge display showing and noticed my oil temps were about 230 degrees. This was higher than my water temperature which was sitting around 210. It was a very warm day out so didn't think much of it. But now I am wondering how I can get my oil temps down? Maybe their synthetic is better but I have never been a fan of Pennzoil. Has anyone tried a different oil than the Pennzoil Dodge recommends? Maybe something like an Amsoil or even Mobile 1? What about going to a bit thicker weight during the Summer? I have read on other forums where some guy burned a bearing or burned up a lifter. I just wonder if oil breakdown is causing things like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in