KZ Status and No ETA - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
2015 to Current R/T Scat Pack 392 All information about the 2015 and beyond R/T Scat Pack 392

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
KZ Status and No ETA

So I ordered an SPWB at the begining of March. It gets built and sent to the upfitter in less than 4 weeks. The status turns to KZ with no estimated delivery date. I call the dealer they know nothing but reach out to the Rep and get no response. This is the first time I ordered a car and will be the last at least from FCA. Been a long 5 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:24 PM

ordered my spwb and it took 4weeks to build and 5 weeks to deliver, live in nj and nobody but nobody could give me a legit ETA. I hope you have better luck and your wait will be short.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olscool View Post
So I ordered an SPWB at the begining of March. It gets built and sent to the upfitter in less than 4 weeks. The status turns to KZ with no estimated delivery date. I call the dealer they know nothing but reach out to the Rep and get no response. This is the first time I ordered a car and will be the last at least from FCA. Been a long 5 weeks.
I think mine was like that for close to 6 weeks with no reliable updates. I just tried not to think about it. No amount of calling, emailing or worrying is going to make it show up any faster. The upfitter really throws a wrench in the works I think. I tried to embrace the anticipation (like a kid on xmas eve) and look forward to delivery day. Mine was ordered 11/8 and shipped to upfitter around 12/4 or 12/5. Didn't get delivered to dealer until Jan 17th. I spent those weeks researching PPF for the WB. Was an unplanned expense. Good luck and enjoy the new ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:46 PM

Hopefully your car won't be anything like it, but after our Challenger was built, it took four months and eight days before it got to the dealer.
Hang in there, it'll be worth it.

2018 Challenger
2019 Challenger
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:49 AM

I ordered my widebody on Feb.15. It went to KZ status on 4/3. Since its been in KZ, the online rep hasn't been able to give me any more info about an ETA. I stopped by my dealer yesterday and sat at the computer with my salesman, we could see that the car had made it as far as Toledo by Thursday.
When the car went to KZ, I was able to print out a copy of my window sticker, so I at least have that.
Tom Petty was right...The waiting is the hardest part.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:59 AM

Garage
Join the club. My R/T was built within 2 weeks of order and finally got off the 1st rail last week. Have no idea where it is or when it's coming. It was built 6 weeks ago. Dealer can't tell me anything more. It's in the black hole.

I've taken the attitude, "It get here when it gets here". One of these weeks, I'll get the phone call. Hang in there. They just do a lousy job tracking these cars after they're built.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well things just got more interesting. Got a call from the dealer today saying the car is in Ohio. It will ship directly from there to Virginia on the next full truck. I wasnt able to ask a bunch of questions because I took the call at work. I was thinking the cars were shipped via railroad to NJ or some place up north than loaded onto a truck for delivery to the dealer. Just found it interesting the car is in Ohio.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:54 AM

Thanked 3,669 Times in 2,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olscool View Post
Just found it interesting the car is in Ohio.
Some cars got sent to Jeep in Toledo after the Upfitter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:04 PM

FCA charges 1495 per car to ship, shipping by rail for them is the cheapest way to go. I think they pocket a lot of that and still get their cars to the dealers. I think on sold orders, if possible, and practical, spend a few more bucks and ship by truck. Maybe have an option, lets call it fast track, and pay a few hundred more on top of the 1495 that we have no control over, and make sure that it gets to us after its built by truck quicker.
The Following User Says Thank You to hardrock For This Useful Post:
olscool (04-10-2019)
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock View Post
I think on sold orders, if possible, and practical, spend a few more bucks and ship by truck. Maybe have an option, lets call it fast track, and pay a few hundred more on top of the 1495 that we have no control over, and make sure that it gets to us after its built by truck quicker.
That would certainly cut down on cold starts, vehicles sitting in rail yards for prolonged periods, and such. I'd pay extra in a heartbeat for that option. Especially if it's enclosed transport.

Better yet, I'd like to be able to go pick it up with my own trailer. Yes, I'd pay extra to be able to do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy N. For This Useful Post:
olscool (04-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific > 2015 to Current R/T Scat Pack 392

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Mopar 17 | -