Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mopar 17

7K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  pistolgripfan 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there are any other MOPAR 17 owners out there in Challenger Talk Land?? I realize there are only 81 other possible owners of the Contusion Blue variety, but there are 80 possible owners of the Silver variety as well...gotta be at least one other on here!!! :grin2:

#2 ·
The dealer that my car is coming from has one, I actually test drove it to make sure that I wanted to get the manual transmission.
I love the paint and interior but was shocked that it didn't have upgraded brakes or wheels.

#3 · (Edited)
I think they wanted to use the WR2 wheels to help contrast with the black paint and black Hellcat wheels might have been too much black and they didn't want that look, plus that's another 2 grand in cost. Could have them optional I guess.

And on the transmission, they're all M6's, no automatic was available. [emoji106]

So it drives alright?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I purchased #12 right after Christmas... baton rouge, la...Marked down to 51k. I looked at Hellcat for the power but looks were plain. I ran across mopar 17, didn't know much about them but loved the paint scheme. It's a great conversation piece and gets plenty of compliments. It won't see the rain and stays covered when not driving it.

#9 ·
Congrats! Come on now, we love pictures around here ;)

#10 · (Edited)
I'm not an owner of one but when I was seriously looking back in Oct-Nov there were two new blue ones available at two different dealers here in the Phoenix area. They were not budging on them. I know at least one of them WAS still for sale earlier this month, not sure about the other one.

EDIT - I just looked now, they are both gone now.

#13 ·
I think pics don't do it justice. Looks better in person. I agree with some that it is kind of overpriced but you won't see one going down the road very often. I don't even see many shakers in my area and if I do they have the 5.7. Nothing wrong with it just saying. Most dealers are pushing the less expensive 6 cylinders.

Attachments

#22 ·
You are 100% correct. Everyone was asking for pictures of mine when I posted about it, and you just can't accurately capture that paint scheme. Or at least "I" can't!! But, I have the same problem with one of my Harley's. It has this awesome paint job that has multi-colored flames with metal flakes that actually change color as you walk around it from a cool yellow to a "wizard of oz" green, the camera just won't capture that...I've come real close once, but never got it like you can see it in person!!!
Congrats on #12, I hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying #26. I have 4K miles on it already, got my first window chip earlier this week :2232censored::2232censored: I'll have to get the window doc out to fix that for me...

#14 ·
^^^Car is awesome and you should be rightfully proud to own it! :)

#18 ·
It's very common for them to be advertised or listed incorrectly.

There were two in St. Louis for a long time. I think one finally sold? Both were listed as Scat Packs only. I think one got down into the upper $40s before it sold.

#26 ·
Pictures!

A Guy

#32 ·
#34 ·
So your picture DOES capture the Blue pretty well...the black on top however...it seems as if you can see all the way to the depths of H E Double hockey sticks when you look down into it!!! :p

Attachments

#35 ·
I didn’t know what a Mopar 17 was, I googled it after seeing some picks posted here.... turns out when I went to my local dodge dealer I told them I wanted to order a manual shaker scat pack, so they said we have one and turned out to be a black/silver manual shaker. I took it for a test ride but didn’t want a 53,000 loaded up car. Ordered a B5, I believe it’s still on the lot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.