Shopping a 2019 Wide Body - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
2015 to Current R/T Scat Pack 392 All information about the 2015 and beyond R/T Scat Pack 392

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Shopping a 2019 Wide Body

I had stopped by my local Chrysler in Brooklyn but didn稚 get much help as the sales staff was busy with customers and I知 not buying until the spring. That said, I知 currently in northern Florida for the holidays and decided to stop by a local dealership to get some information. This particular place had just received two Scat Pack Wide Bodies. Neither of them were the car I wanted (color or transmission) but the staff helped me out with tons of information. I知 looking to buy a 2019 SCWB in the next six months. I知 looking at the wide body being the only option package as I知 no fan of automatic transmission or sunroofs. This particular dealership stated that they could get me this car for circa 46k plus taxes and fees. I did not negotiate but I知 wondering if this is a reasonable price or if better deals are out there. I realize that manual transmission cars will probably have to get ordered from the factory and would probably not be in most dealership inventories.

Thoughts?

Live Once, Live Fast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,569 Posts
Garage
Probably going to be best to order since you want:

>SP wide body / no options
>no sunroof
>M6 trans

I'd suspect most are probably going to be loaded up, A8 versions on dealer lots.

Finding non-sunroof cars is a 50/50 on a lot inventory.

This was you have control over what you're getting and probably get your order in ~ 6 weeks before you plan on having it

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 02:28 PM

Garage
You will probably have to order yours. I was in the same boat. I wanted a Scatpack widebody with a 6 spd, no sunroof and the napa seats. After talking with several dealers in the houston area, one straight up told me thats no way i will find a car like that since its not the way a dealer would order it(needless to say that dealer never heard from me again after saying that). If you look nationwide you MAY find a couple that match your specs or are close enough. When I was looking i found a few that were close just missing one or two options i wanted(mainly summer tires or sound system) but i went ahead and ordered mine so i got exactly what i wanted instead of having to compromise or deal with transporting a car/buying a car you dont see before you buy it. Yours seems to be a pretty low optioned build so it would probably save you money to order one exactly how you spec'd it unless you find an over-optioned one and they just let you have it for a steal.

those are just my 2 cents since i went thru this whole scenario two months ago and just got my baby delivered 2 weeks ago!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 ScatPack Widebody
Octane Red
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 03:38 PM

Thanked 3,757 Times in 2,826 Posts
This is your base Widebody,

$38,995 Scat Pack 23G
$1,345 Destination
$1,000 Guzzler
$6,000 Widebody
$47,340 MSRP
$45,361 Invoice

So $46 is above invoice and you can do better than that. I'd expect you can get this car for closer to $44 plus tax and fees.

Either that or he can throw in Driver Convenience Group which is a nice option to have and is $1,095.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,217 Times in 2,050 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fast View Post
I had stopped by my local Chrysler in Brooklyn but didn稚 get much help as the sales staff was busy with customers and I知 not buying until the spring. That said, I知 currently in northern Florida for the holidays and decided to stop by a local dealership to get some information. This particular place had just received two Scat Pack Wide Bodies. Neither of them were the car I wanted (color or transmission) but the staff helped me out with tons of information. I知 looking to buy a 2019 SCWB in the next six months. I知 looking at the wide body being the only option package as I知 no fan of automatic transmission or sunroofs. This particular dealership stated that they could get me this car for circa 46k plus taxes and fees. I did not negotiate but I知 wondering if this is a reasonable price or if better deals are out there. I realize that manual transmission cars will probably have to get ordered from the factory and would probably not be in most dealership inventories.

Thoughts?
be glad to build one for you at invoice or even better.....
Luke

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 02:04 PM

I ordered mine how I wanted it. Only two options, Wide Body and Harmon Kardon sound system. My car stickered for $48,985. Find good dealer and you'll be under invoice.

2019 TorRed Scat Pack Wide Body M6
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:11 PM

Garage
I will be ordering a widebody in the next few weeks myself. I have already decided that I will need to order it to get it the way I want. I personally want the auto, no sunroof, Plum Crazy Purple and most of the other options so I will have to order it to get it my way. I'm looking at pretty close to $55k as built on the build your own sight. I plan to keep it for a long time so I will get what I want, not some dealer leftover.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:34 PM

I ordered mine in september from security dodge in amityville, seeing you tried to order from brooklyn i thought you could check security dodge, evryrhing went smooth with them, i optioned mine out to 54,000, i added almost evrything except the new spoiler cuz i really dont like the look, and i didnt get the scatpack stripe or the red brembos since i thought it was cheaper to paint them with someone else than pay 495, plus i painted them red with black brembo letters to mathc the theme of my ToRed scatpack, i basically paid the same price you see online when you build it on the dodge website
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:24 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Ordered my Wide Body 6 speed Scat Pack with no sunroof (Long Island dealer)....otherwise loaded to 53+K sticker

Paid 49K after negotiations and current Dodge incentives at the time of delivery.

Good deal....$1500+ under invoice

2018 TorRed Demon Challenger #1399

2019 Wide Body Scat Pack Challenger B5/M6

2016 Scat Pack Charger B5

Last edited by rumpass; 01-03-2019 at 06:27 AM.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:54 AM

Garage
When I built a 2018 online there were over $2000 in dealer incentives. When I built my 2019 online there was only $500 listed so I will have to go to the dealer to see what they have. Dodge does not advertise much for incentives in the holiday commercials I have seen. I want a widebody so it has to be a 2019.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific > 2015 to Current R/T Scat Pack 392

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode