Challenger Powertrain Question - Part 2 - Transmission Selection - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Polls This section contains polls involving the new Dodge Challenger. Site related polls will also be contained in here. Only Administrators can start polls in this section.

View Poll Results: If a 6-Speed Manual Powertrain is not offered would you still purchase a Challenger?
No, I would not purchase a Challenger 542 43.12%
Yes, I would purchase an automatic transmission Challenger 715 56.88%
Voters: 1257. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 02:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Challenger Powertrain Question - Part 2 - Transmission Selection

I do not see the point in a muscle/sports car with an automatic!! A manual is the only way to go, especially with a car that looks so much like the original.

The only other way I would consider it would be if a steering wheel auto/manual paddle shift was offered! That would be sweet, but if only a normal place it in drive automatic is offere, I would not be interested. This is also why I would not buy a SRT-8 Charger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:00 PM

not enough options in this poll, IMO. I would only buy an automatic IF it were tight shifting, had full manual control, and there wasn't a ton of computer interference in getting power down.
post #13 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:01 PM

no shifter, no buyer. My $02 anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:11 PM

6 speed with pistol grip please.
post #15 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

If it has to be an auto... it will have the Autostick.
I have a Charger R/T and the autostick runs a close
second to a manual. Lots of fun. Don't knock it
unless you've tried it. Regardless, I do still prefer a
manual transmission. There's nothing like the feeling
you get from "being one with the car"......
post #16 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:14 PM

I would need to have this car in a manual. I don't think it would have the same appeal to me as a muscle car if it wasn't available in a manual transmission (the way that the stick was set up in the concept made me wet my pants, it was gorgeous). I've driven Autosticks before, and I was feeling like I was being left out when I couldn't push the clutch down. It just didn't feel right. As one other poster said, they should just offer it in both auto and manual, as to appeal to more customers; same with the engine sizes. The more people this can be made available to, the happier everyone will be!! But please... I want a manual transmission in my Challenger!!!!
post #17 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:26 PM

If it is auto the SRT-8s tranny works just fine! But judging from the poll they need to make both.
post #18 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned

Make mine the 6.4L w/ a Viper spec tranny, thank you. Oh and none of this paddle crap please, I have been down this road before on my various M3's and SMG blows.
post #19 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:51 PM

With all due respect DCX and SRT-Team...Please put in the 6.4Liter (392) 500++ HP motor in the SRT-8 version of the new hemi challenger with a manual transmission, to compete with the new Shelby GT500 Mustang with 475+ HP. Please leave us a car to remember many years later(as well as now), that would beat all its competition including The new Shelby GT-500. Also please keep styling just like concept, except for the challenger emblem on rear fender.This might be one last chance to be remembered as the King of the Street and Strip again,just like old days with this beautiful new Hemi Challenger. "I don't need all the fancy options"....I would prefer keeping the weight down and instead putting in the 6.4L(392) 500++ HP Motor. I am president of the North Eastern Hemi Mopars and I took a poll that if you guys build it,like it looks right now and put in the 6.4L (392) Hemi in the srt-8 version...I have exactly 4,763 members who have the cash in hand to purchase ASAP. If you need to know more please send PM to me. Thank You John aka: Vanishing Point (yes I do own the original copy 426 hemi Vanishing Point car).
post #20 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:58 PM

i would only buy a manual trasmission. the automatic tranny is for my wife in her durango. i also would like it fairly basic... power locks, windows, tilt, cruise, powerseat, adj pedalsmaybe a sunroof. i want no leather, no steering wheel controls, no auto climate, no nav, hell even steel wheels would be good as i would upgrade the sheels anyways
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger News & Polls > Dodge Challenger Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode