New Owner - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
2015 Challenger Information & Discussions This area is for general conversations about the 2015 Challengers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Location: Born in Eugene Oregon and moved to Phoenix Arizona summer on 2018
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila Hemi View Post
How to access the oil filler cap is the first thing I can think of. Anyone who doesn't have a Shaker won't know how to do that, and it's not in the owner's manual. The second thing would be not to try to open the cap on the coolant tank when the engine is hot, because that is actually your radiator cap.
Thanks for the tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 10:42 AM

Oh, yes indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexThortan View Post
I just bought my first car. It is a 2015 Challenger R/T Shaker. Is there anything I should know about this car that wouldn't be common knowledge?
This may actually be common knowledge but in case you didn’t know, your personal cool factor just increased by a factor of 10.

With this level of coolness comes great responsibility. To keep from being involved with the #MeToo movement, you must learn to be politically correct when rejecting the hordes of women whom will now flock to you. Don’t be sexist – chicks hate that.

You are now representing a great community of bad-asses, so certain behaviors are now off-limits. No stopping at green lights. No going 50 mph in the left lane on the interstate. Doing donuts in the church parking lot (although pretty cool in and of itself) are frowned upon.

Personal style adjustments may be required. Mohawks are fine but Kim Jong Un haircuts and man-buns are strictly forbidden. No spanx, yoga pants or sandals with black socks. The jury is still out on Hawaiian shirts but if your windows are tinted, it’s probably ok.

Finally, keep it clean. Your car should never get dirty enough so that someone can write "I’m compensating" or "I wish my wife was this dirty" on the back.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fat Max For This Useful Post:
Al A (08-30-2018), AlexThortan (08-29-2018), silver scat (08-29-2018)
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 11:00 AM

Check the tires. It comes with summer tires stock and if you live somewhere where winter gets cold or snowy the tires become pretty useless. I’m in Ohio and I bought snow tires. I would think after 3 years there is new rubber on there - maybe something better in the winter - but you never know. Or the previous owner may have replaced with summer tires again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brent27 For This Useful Post:
AlexThortan (08-29-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Max View Post
This may actually be common knowledge but in case you didn’t know, your personal cool factor just increased by a factor of 10.

With this level of coolness comes great responsibility. To keep from being involved with the #MeToo movement, you must learn to be politically correct when rejecting the hordes of women whom will now flock to you. Don’t be sexist – chicks hate that.

You are now representing a great community of bad-asses, so certain behaviors are now off-limits. No stopping at green lights. No going 50 mph in the left lane on the interstate. Doing donuts in the church parking lot (although pretty cool in and of itself) are frowned upon.

Personal style adjustments may be required. Mohawks are fine but Kim Jong Un haircuts and man-buns are strictly forbidden. No spanx, yoga pants or sandals with black socks. The jury is still out on Hawaiian shirts but if your windows are tinted, it’s probably ok.

Finally, keep it clean. Your car should never get dirty enough so that someone can write "I’m compensating" or "I wish my wife was this dirty" on the back.
Thank you for all the tips. This made my day. This is just what I was looking for.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:07 PM

Garage
Dude, you can spend the next couple weeks finding out all kinds of interesting tidbits about these cars on this forum. Look for some funny, interesting and mostly super informative posts by an odd cat named NUKE (but don't ask him about stray Acuras in his driveway.....it's a sore subject). You will find as much humor and good natured jabs here as you will great technical information.

And now that you've been properly welcomed by several members, I must inform you that you violated the first unwritten Newbie rule. You did not post a picture of your car. We like pictures here....especially of other peoples cars. Unlike with photos of your wife or girlfriend, it's perfectly acceptable (and actually expected) to ogle and post lustful comments about how much we like each other cars.

Let's see that Shaker. And you can post pictures of your wife/girlfriend too. (But not both, please...we don't need the drama)

K-DAWG
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:19 PM

To add to what Fat Max said you will get a ton of reaction from people - good and bad. I have people chase me down all the time walking into a store asking about it, people working drive throughs commenting (one guy thought I restored the car)... to dumb stuff happening too. I’ve been asked multiple times by strangers to do a burnout in the grocery parking lot to people trying to show off. Twice I’ve had people beside or in front of me take off from stoplights like it was a drag race (I gave no indication of racing - not my thing) and they’ve lost control and almost wrecked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brent27 For This Useful Post:
AlexThortan (08-29-2018)
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:20 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Welcome from Hellinois. Congrats on your FIRST car. Big deal. Biggggger deal, it's a 15 Shaker!!! How did you manage that? Regardless you are off to a good start. I don't know where you go from there...

Best of luck! Pics please!!!!! Inside too. Love the 15 interior options...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Challenger Scat Pack, Billet Silver, A-8, Katzkin leather, Heated Vented seats W/ Heated Wheel, Convenience pkg., Harmon Kardon, WRT wheels, Nav. tinted windows, Modern R/T hood emblem, Tail band, Sunroof, UPR catch can.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent27 View Post
To add to what Fat Max said you will get a ton of reaction from people - good and bad......
Yeah, you get bad reactions from highway lane hogs trying to cut you off from passing them on the right, when they're blocking the passing lane, and they mis-judge the size of space they left and how fast you can zip around them.

But my favorite is just moving slow down a street or through a parking lot, and a couple youngsters give me the thumbs up and say "nice car". Love it when the next generation "gets it".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K-Dawg For This Useful Post:
AlexThortan (08-29-2018), silver scat (08-30-2018)
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Dude, you can spend the next couple weeks finding out all kinds of interesting tidbits about these cars on this forum. Look for some funny, interesting and mostly super informative posts by an odd cat named NUKE (but don't ask him about stray Acuras in his driveway.....it's a sore subject). You will find as much humor and good natured jabs here as you will great technical information.

And now that you've been properly welcomed by several members, I must inform you that you violated the first unwritten Newbie rule. You did not post a picture of your car. We like pictures here....especially of other peoples cars. Unlike with photos of your wife or girlfriend, it's perfectly acceptable (and actually expected) to ogle and post lustful comments about how much we like each other cars.

Let's see that Shaker. And you can post pictures of your wife/girlfriend too. (But not both, please...we don't need the drama)
My car had damage to the front bumper when I bought it so the last week or so it has been in shop and getting a clear bra installed. If that was not happening you would all see this beauty.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver scat View Post
Welcome from Hellinois. Congrats on your FIRST car. Big deal. Biggggger deal, it's a 15 Shaker!!! How did you manage that? Regardless you are off to a good start. I don't know where you go from there...

Best of luck! Pics please!!!!! Inside too. Love the 15 interior options...
It was bought by my father. I know some people frown upon that but I don't have any shame towards it. It is an awesome car and I think my mom loves even more than me! It took about 18 months on talking and convincing to get both on board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > 2015 Challenger Information & Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode