Uconnect news - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
2015 Challenger Information & Discussions This area is for general conversations about the 2015 Challengers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Uconnect news

Hello to all, I just got off the phone with Uconnect to help with some minor things with my Uconnect. I started asking questions about the new Uconnect system that’s on the 2018 models and inquiring about purchasing one because it had the Apple car play feature that I REALLY want!!! She advised me that the new 2018 Uconnect model will NOT work in 2017 or below models because it has something on it older models do not have. She also advised me that they are working on an update to have the Apple CarPlay on all 2015-2017 8.4 models. Just thought I would keep you all informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to labarre06 For This Useful Post:
MiHiHemi (04-29-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,777 Times in 2,857 Posts
Garage
It would be nice for those that want it, but an agent on the phone? Not always a fount of knowledge

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to A Guy For This Useful Post:
Frank Julian (05-08-2019)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
It would be nice for those that want it, but an agent on the phone? Not always a fount of knowledge

A Guy

Lol I know. But I would LOVEEEEE to have Apple CarPlay. She said they’re trying to keep up with their competitors (GM)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 PM

I'm not totally impressed. Just got my 18 w/7" display. Doesn't have Sirius, not even HD tuner. Just AM/FM, and gets weak signal even on local stations for some reason. My android connected by wire cuts out and locks up. If I choose a song on Amazon music app, it plays another. So if the 18 is an upgrade, I'd hate to see what was its predecessor.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:32 AM

Uconnect update from 17.11.07 to 17.11.0743

So I have a 2015 challenger r/t scatpack with the 8.4 RA4 system sound group 2 9 speakers + 1 8” subwoofer in the rear deck. I recently tried updating to the newest Uconnect version via usb stick and it goes through all the update procedures fine. However at the end of this update it seems that it doesn’t actually update and still says “ update from 17.11.07 to 17.11.0743” yes/no”. Did it update and it is just abbreviated or did it not update? Anyone that has gone through this similar issue your advice would be of great assistance! Thank you!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

I deleted my response after thinking about it more.

At the end, it should have asked you if you want to update to the exact version you installed, then you would say "no". I have a 8.4 RA3 radio, but I think they would be the same. My latest update was 17.43.01

I wish I could be of more help to you.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.

Last edited by MEKrunner; 04-29-2019 at 01:44 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEKrunner View Post
I deleted my response after thinking about it more.

At the end, it should have asked you if you want to update to the exact version you installed, then you would say "no". I have a 8.4 RA3 radio, but I think they would be the same. My latest update was 17.43.01

I wish I could be of more help to you.
That does help! And I believe it is RA3 but when You updated yours did it say “do you want upgrade from 17.11... to 17.43.01 and you selected yes , am I reading that right? Also if it’s not the version I want at the end of the updated then I select no, and go through the process again until I get the version I’m looking for? Because I have read that somewhere else online that people say you might have to do it up to 3 times for it to actually register the new software and switch over...but you have been a great help and I am very appreciative of yours/ anyone else’s feedback. Thanks!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:01 AM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanR View Post
So I have a 2015 challenger r/t scatpack with the 8.4 RA4 system sound group 2 9 speakers + 1 8” subwoofer in the rear deck. I recently tried updating to the newest Uconnect version via usb stick and it goes through all the update procedures fine. However at the end of this update it seems that it doesn’t actually update and still says “ update from 17.11.07 to 17.11.0743” yes/no”. Did it update and it is just abbreviated or did it not update? Anyone that has gone through this similar issue your advice would be of great assistance! Thank you!
The latest update for the RA4 is 17.43.01 which is the last version that supposedly unbricked sport mode across all trim levels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallyTatum View Post
Quote:
The latest update for the RA4 is 17.43.01 which is the last version that supposedly unbricked sport mode across all trim levels.
I don’t know what you mean by unbricked. What was the issue regarding the sport mode that you say it was bricked? Unless I didn’t realize I thought my sport mode was working fine...but now I don’t know lol
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:40 AM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
I don’t know what you mean by unbricked. What was the issue regarding the sport mode that you say it was bricked? Unless I didn’t realize I thought my sport mode was working fine...but now I don’t know lol
Version 17.11.07 caused sport mode to stop working on a lot of folks rides. On my vehicle, when I pressed sport mode the flag would show but you would not get that kick at low speeds when enabled. 17.11.37 was the next update but only for manual trans vehicles. 17.43.01 was the fix for both auto and trans challengers. It apparently fixed everyone's sport mode because that thread hasn't come up in a long time. I am running it now with no issues.

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 05-08-2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Computer was bugging out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > 2015 Challenger Information & Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode