2018 Hellcat - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
New Member Introductions If you are new to the site please create a thread in here to say hi. We encourage all of the members who are 'lurking' and reading about the Dodge Challenger to post in this section at least once!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2018 Hellcat

Just got car one month ago has 700 miles on it. Threw #2 cyl. miss code Po302. Miss corrected itself within a minute and has been fine not missing ever since, several days now. Made appt with dealer cause MIL stays lit.
BTW
I use red key always but am in auto mode and getting 10mpg at the most. Is this normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 09:50 PM

Welcome to the forum. If you don't get your answers here you might want to ask again in the Hellcat thread section

2014 SRT Core - 12.091 @ 114.03 mph
2010 R/T - PB 12.87 Traded

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know my car runs 10's because I once beat a guy who said his car runs 11's.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2018 H Cat

Got this car one month ago has 700 miles on it. Threw code po302 engine miss. Miss corrected itself within one minute but I'm left with the engine light on so I made appt with dealer. Someone told me I'd void my wtty if I'd use scanner to rest engine light. Makes no sense to me.
BTW I use red key always but am in only auto mode and getting only ten mpg at best. Is this normal ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:09 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skot View Post
Got this car one month ago has 700 miles on it. Threw code po302 engine miss. Miss corrected itself within one minute but I'm left with the engine light on so I made appt with dealer. Someone told me I'd void my wtty if I'd use scanner to rest engine light. Makes no sense to me.
BTW I use red key always but am in only auto mode and getting only ten mpg at best. Is this normal ?
Factory specs UP TO 13 mpg. So, yeah, 10 mpg could be quite likely unless you're driving it gently enough to squeeze the best mileage out of it.

However, I don't have a Hellcat so a better answer will have to come from someone who does.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Sports car
Model: 2018 Dodge Challenger
MSRP: From $64,295
Horsepower: 707 hp
Curb weight: 4,448 lbs
MPG: Up to 13 city / 22 highway
Torque: 650 lb-ft
Wheel size: 20″ diameter, 9.5″ width

2016 Scat Pack - M6 - B5 Blue - SPAG - Leather Interior Group.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,419 Times in 2,614 Posts
Garage
Welcome from California

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Just got car one month ago has 700 miles on it. Threw #2 cyl. miss code Po302. Miss corrected itself within a minute and has been fine not missing ever since, several days now. Made appt with dealer cause MIL stays lit.
BTW
I use red key always but am in auto mode and getting 10mpg at the most. Is this normal.
I always use the Red Key and average 16-17 mpg. Something is not right. When you take it back ask them to check for fuel in the crankcase. They should change the oil for you without a problem. Are the tail pipes very black? That fuel is going somewhere. Either into the crankcase or out the tail pipes. If it’s in the crankcase it will wash that motor out fast. At least get it documented.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 04:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sportbikerxx
Welcome from Md!

2011 Toxic Orange Challenger SRT8
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 10:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
BTW

With the MIL (CEL) on you need to have that looked into. That's -- to state possibly the obvious -- not normal.

10mpg could be normal depending upon how you drive the car.

My 2018 Hellcat averages around 13/14mpg with around 75% of this on the highway albeit sometimes in congested traffic.

(On the open highway with no congestion and the ability to maintain a steady speed without the need to slow down then speed up again the mileage can improve to over 20mpg even a bit higher.)

If I used the car solely around town I would not be surprised if fuel consumption average dropped to if not 10mpg darn close.

So, if you are driving the car around town and being a bit heavy on the gas pedal... 10mpg is normal.

Regardless, get the car looked at. Afterwards then you can revisit the fuel mileage.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 10:11 AM

Garage
Quote:

I've already replied to your other post regarding fuel consumption and the MIL/CEL. I'll just restate you need to get the car in ASAP to have this looked into.

AFAIK you won't void the warranty using an OBD2 tool to read even clear any codes.

(I wrote software for automotive test equipment and one of the features was the ability of the software to read error codes, active, pending, and permanent, along with freeze frame data, and then clear any codes. My research never found any restrictions in this type of interaction with the car and its OBD2 system.)

My advice is a good OBD2 scan tool is a handy tool to have. I've owned one since shortly after I bought my 1996 Mustang GT and the scan tool has paid for itself many times over.

However, my advice is while you can read the codes, freeze frame data, and if you want post here for what it might all mean, you should not erase the codes.

Take the car in and have a Dodge tech read the codes and offer his professional opinion as to what needs to be done next.

He might very well clear the codes and have you road test the car to see if the codes return.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Welcome aboard!

Max Power: 652 rwhp Max Torque: 635 ft-lbs Boost: 15 psi

Performance Mods:
Techco 3.0L SC, Techco Strut Tower Brace, DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune, HHP/BES Stage 2 Heads, HHP/BES Camshaft, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Hurst Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in