Member for awhile. Finally bought mine - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
New Member Introductions If you are new to the site please create a thread in here to say hi. We encourage all of the members who are 'lurking' and reading about the Dodge Challenger to post in this section at least once!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Member for awhile. Finally bought mine

I've been a member for about a year now, but just finally got around to actually buying one. I traded my '04 ram in on a 2011 R/T classic (used). I got it for 28k with 24.5k miles on the clock and the high side of my trade-in's listed trade value. It's got precisely what I wanted (sunroof, leather, base stereo, TO, HIDs, Classic package rims), and I catch myself just randomly smirking every so often. Then I remember why and it turns into a full on grin.

Here's some Day 1 pictures of it:

I've yet to decide on a gender or a name for it, but I've got some plans. For starters I'm going to move in most of my old audio equipment from the traded in truck. I'm trying to decide if I should make an attempt at a carputer. I'm a junior electrical engineering student and the only thing stopping me on my last vehicle was knowing I'd be trading it within a year. In the mean time, I've got my sights set on a competition quality SQ system. I've got the deck and frontstage amplifier already. Next comes the 3 way components and maybe a beefier substage (2 mid-level 10" subs from the last vehicle ready to install for now). It turns out, the approach angle just ever so narrowly makes my driveway's incline (maybe 1/8" to spare). It means I can spend the money I expected to spend on leveling and repouring the driveway on those speakers in a little while.

I decided going in that I'm okay with the '11s not being tunable (yet). Until someone makes a handheld tuner I'll focus on looks and audio. It took me about 5 drives to figure out how the key fob's different features work. Unlocking the doors was interesting, and the remote start has been a crowd pleaser. How much can a car manufacturer change in 7 years? There's not a single thing familiar from my old truck. I'm sure a lot of people say this going in to a modern challenger purchase, but as of right now, I don't believe I'll ever sell this car. The V8 seems to be a dying breed, and someone's got to tell the grandkids how Detroit was made.

I've been an active forum member at some other dodge related talking forums. I hope to be an active contributor on CT. So hello from the newest owner on Challengertalk!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great choice in color. I think those hertiage wheels are the best looking on those classic rts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Nice color !!

BW

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT 9.20et 150 mph
449 Aluminum Hemi
Arrington Apache Heads
Kenne Bell 4.2LC KB 148mm Throttle Body
Big Azz Cam Motion Camshaft
Triumph Performance Wheels (Street Cruising)
Bogart Racing Wheels/Double Bead Locks with 28x10's
DTP On The Keyboard
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sons of Confederate Veterans Louisiana Division

2015 Dodge Hellcat SRT aka White Trash
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat SRT NMCA Street Outlaw 94mm Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sportbikerxx
Welcome from Md! Nice color!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

congratulations!!

R/T (used to be Cuda Cliff) Bee

1954 Plymouth Savoy
1959 Chevy Apache

"She may not be the youngest gal at the ball ... but she can still turn a head or two"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Congratulations!

Max Power: 652 rwhp Max Torque: 635 ft-lbs Boost: 15 psi

Performance Mods:
Techco 3.0L SC, Techco Strut Tower Brace, DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune, HHP/BES Stage 2 Heads, HHP/BES Camshaft, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Hurst Shifter
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM

Congratulations! Great looking car!

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8
1st 2012 Challenger SRT8 in Abu Dhabi
Mopar T handle shifter - Parking Sensors
GardX Paint & Leather Protection - Vcool tinting

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome & Get use to grinning!

Doing What Men Do Best!
2009 Stone White R/T 27J
6-Speed, Sun Roof, Heated Leather
20x8's, HID Lights, Challenger Door Sills, Mopar CAI,
1970 Challenger & R/T Emblem on the rear spoiler,
Gas Charged Hood Supports, Mopar Nose Badge
276-watt 6 Speaker Sound
Exhaust: Flowmaster 40's
Mopar Strut Tower Brace
Fuzzy White Dice

"Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel!"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 AM

That's the exact color and r/t stripes i wanted...but when i ordered the 2013 the didn't have it...so i got the radar red interior, all black with red r/t stripes...don't know much about cars but i'm hoping to learn from you folks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamskb85 View Post
That's the exact color and r/t stripes i wanted...but when i ordered the 2013 the didn't have it...so i got the radar red interior, all black with red r/t stripes...don't know much about cars but i'm hoping to learn from you folks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Well welcome to you too williamskb85. I think Toxic Orange was a 2011 only color, and a mid-year introduction to boot. Black by itself isn't my thing, but black with red stripes is nice looking. You can make black look really good with accents, and the radar red interior probably goes a long way to making that happen. There's a lot to be learned about modern cars, and plenty of resources to do it with.

The way I started (about 6-7 years ago) was by focusing in on something that bothered me and just really digging into it. I'd figure out everything about how that one thing worked, then how the system next in line worked, and so on. I ended up back in college pursuing an engineering degree and it all started with a crappy subwoofer from a previous owner not working right. In time I moved on to suspensions when the guy at a quicklube told me I needed a new ball joint, then differentials, transmissions, and the engine itself. A car is just a tin package for a plethora of subsystems all working together so all you have to do is turn a wheel and mash a pedal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode