10 Years' of Ownership - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SRT8 model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brings back many memories ordering my 2009 classic. Ordered it feb. 2009 finally got it oct. 2009. lol had 2010 cars on same trailer. upgraded to 2018 shaker 392 this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:07 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 HEMI Orange SRT-8

Thanks for sharing your story. Although you didn't get a 2008 with the production number engraved plate on the dash, 2009s are a technical improvement with the increased fuel efficiency, wouldn't you say? I have the same year/trim/color as you and I absolutely love it. On a road trip from Texas to Nevada I averaged 22.4mpg.

My pops went through the same ordeal when he sold his '64 Plymouth to get a station wagon for the family in 1981. I have a photo of us standing in front of it: I'm 4 years old wearing a sheriff vest & badge and holding a non-orange-tipped revolver toy gun. Dad never did get a muscle car again but 35 years later I picked up my Challenger and he gets to vicariously enjoy it via my drag race videos.

What are your best 0–60 and ¼mile ET?
With Nitto 555R 305/35R20 I recently hit 4.71s 0–60 but before with cheap General Tire all season radials my best was 6.5s.
Best ¼mi was 14.1 with the Generals and hoping for ≈13.1 on the drag strip next spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MPG-22.4.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	935883   Click image for larger version

Name:	0-60-4.71s.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	935885  

2009 Challenger SRT-8 6.1L • HEMI Orange
stock with Nitto NT555R 305/35R20 drag radials and Voxx Demon Replica rims (rear)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode