Dodge Challenger Forum banner

17 SRT performance pages confusion

5K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  scott0 
#1 ·
I've been messing with the performance pages a bit, my car is a 2017 SRT, Im not seeing any setting for engine in drive modes, am I misunderstanding that there was to be an engine setting for more aggressive throttle settings? or does that only apply when in sport mode?

#2 ·
You should see settings choices for Engine in Sport, Track and Custom modes.

Reactions: scott0
#3 ·
negative, no engine settings to be found, my car is manual, does that matter? I thought I read manual cars will have engine and auto cars engine/trans.......

#5 ·
Mine's an '16 392 M6 and I have the Dodge Perf Pages - engine settings are available in Sport mode with an M6

there have been glitchy software issues with '17s. Did you recently get yours?

'17 was first year for the Panasonic 8.4" screen and many menu items /selections were missing from the early builds - software updates corrected many of these issues
What does the engine settings do? My 2018 m6 srt does not have engine settings either. I thought they were just for the supercharged models.

#9 · (Edited)
What does the engine settings do? My 2018 m6 srt does not have engine settings either. I thought they were just for the supercharged models.
Basically it boosts the throttle response - you don't make any additional power. The Active Exhaust System valves will also open more rapidly in response to throttle (you'll notice more pops and crackles on throttle over-run, esp. on M6...:wink3:

for the given amount of pedal travel, you get faster throttle response. This applies to 5.7 / 392 / 6.2 SC engines with M6 or A8 transmissions.

I'm wondering if there was a software goof-up with the newer version for the '17 / '18. Some early build '18s still had glitchy software, which I would have thought had been cleaned up by that point

Many of us with '15 / '16 models (M6) lost Sport mode for engine (we could see the option, but it had no effect and 'virtual rocker switch' was grayed out. It took months for FCA to correct with a newer update (took mine 5 months to get Over The Air update pushed out to fix it)

#10 ·
Use an empty USB stick (format it to make sure nothings on there)

If you have any other media in the hub - unplug it. You only want the USB with update software.

Plug it in and follow the steps (in the car)

The download from the site will take some time, depending on how fast your internet connection is at your source.

#11 ·
cant thank you enough for your help!!!!! totally appreciate it. the download is almost complete, Im transferring my music then formatting my usb drive.

#13 ·
update, so i downloaded the update extracted it, went to do the update, the system was already operating on that version, still doesn’t explain why i don’t have full performance pages, guess ill take it to the dealership this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#14 ·
Dealer may have newer version that they can push, or they need to open a case with engineering team to get that investigated.

I'd check your on-board Owners Manual (loaded in radio) to see what it mentions on the Performance Pages menus

#19 ·
#20 ·
So I searched through the app and the manual for some answers. My car came with a drive mode supplemental guide. It shows the engine tab available under the dodge performance pages but under the separate SRT performance pages it shows nothing about the engine tab with the exception of the hellcat selection for 5-700 hp. I think that the option is not on the SRT but is automatically switched when you pick between the auto, sport, and track options. It makes me wonder if I am getting the track throttle response and active exhaust settings when I am under my custom tab which I set up using track settings for steering and traction and sport for suspension because the track suspension setting was rattling my fillings loose.

#21 ·
I'm away from my car but I don't remember any power settings, think that is Hellcat only, but my SRT is a 16. Does the sport and track modes change throttle response? It feels like it but might just be the transmission program in those two modes, throttle response still pretty good in default street mode. A8 trans.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I wish someone with a 2017 would step in and clear this up.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.